The current pink elephant in the room. 5 star boosted Gambit from ill-gotten gains.

Comments

• Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I just hope it leads you to a less invested attitude to the game.

When it doesnt matter much, it is so much more enjoyable.

Compared to when I was trying to hit top 10 etc, Im having a great time.  I hope more people can find a balance that leads to a similar effect for them.
    Wonderful point.  When I was tooth and nail in PvP things got way too intense. Then came SCL9 PvE and the game blossomed for me again.

I hope everyone can find the joy, this game is really fun when you don't grip so tightly.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:
    Westnyy2:

How can you dismiss the gambit boost as a factor, but then cite an example in which your 460 5*s lost to a 550 gambit in 6 turns?  

The leveling power curve is not linear.  It ticks up sharply after 350 or so.  That means 550s are immensely powerful.  They have about twice the health, power damage, and match damage of 450s.  

Your A team of 2x 460s + a champed GR is strong.  But it's totally outclassed by any team with a good 550 character (and whether gambit is broken or not we can all agree that he is top tier).  Would you have much sympathy for some with a 2* roster complaining about how hard it was to fight champed, boosted 4*s?  That's the kind of disparity that 450 v. 550 translates to at the lower tiers.
    @Vhailorx

I get what you're saying and that is correct. I didn't necessarily go into the match thinking I'd certainly win but the quickness of me losing is absurd. I fight 550 teams on occasion and win some and lose probably more. The difference is that in most of those matches I have an honest shot of winning. In this one I did not.

Also, when I do face those teams, it's after I've passed the 1100 score mark. I am queuing these 550 Gambit teams from 300. It's the same theory on why I can't queue double 4 teams until after 900ish.

Conversely, I've faced many Gambit teams in the new Lightning Rounds and have had success but that was mainly because 4hor is boosted and brings a stun and a big hammer.

Every other character released is beatable with many teams from my roster. Gambit boosted or not does not fall into that same category.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Due to the nature of the error, the amount of money spent by exploiters is fairly trivial compared to regular buy club spending.   A single alliance could have gotten themselves 5000 CP each for less than $1500 total spent, less than if they had all bought a single stark, a regular occurance in buy clubs.

There would be a hit, but if regular big spenders stop because of this, that lost revenue is going to quickly overtake the amount at issue here.
  • Avalancher
    Big spenders don’t even care about this. They won’t stop anything because of it. It made no difference to their game.
  • Stax the Foyer
    edited November 2017
    Big spenders don’t even care about this. They won’t stop anything because of it. It made no difference to their game.
    I mean, I'm an occasional spender who's done with non-VIP spending because of this.  Because of the small amount of money actually spent, it doesn't take too many people like me for this to become a net negative.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I mean, I'm an occasional spender who's done with non-VIP spending because of this.  Because of the small amount of money actually spent, it doesn't take too many people like me for this to become a net negative.
    Other than the $130 dollars i intend to spend on VIP this year, i am so upset about this issue that i will not spend a penny on this game!

???
    I don't really think that stance will make much of an impression on demi/d3 stax. . .
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Well i wont be adding to my 7 grand anytime soon
  • Stax the Foyer
    Vhailorx said:
    Other than the $130 dollars i intend to spend on VIP this yeah, i am so upset about this issue that i will not spend a penny on this game!

???
    I don't really think that stance will make much of an impression on demi/d3 stax. . .
    Well, intercept spending, so probably more like $30.  It's a dropoff.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    corytutor said:
    Or you could just not read threads that bother you. 

Furthermore, Ive not really seen the op  complain about anything outside of this, very legitimate, gripe. 

I am sure I have complained about somethings (maybe a character nerf or 5 star rarity) , but in general, I am normally very positive about this game, and will continue to play it. I have used this forum for years, and I have gotten some great entertainment value and recruits for my alliances from it.
  • corytutor
    @animaniactoo

Very well put. Thank you
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Has there been any official word on this?
  • corytutor
    Has there been any official word on this?

Yeah. Oops. We're sorry.  

About it and likely all and if its all, im likely to quit and I'll be asking for a full refund
  • Avalancher
    edited November 2017
    corytutor said:

I'll be asking for a full refund.
    That's pretty funny, thanks for helping me start my day with a smile.

We did get 60 days worth of refunds from Marvel War of Heroes when the announcement was made to shut the game down.  In this case you got what you paid for and it's highly unlikely that Apple or Google would even consider this to be any sort of breach of contract whatsoever.

But it never hurts to try, good luck!

(Oh, and some of my alliance mates got back over $20,000 for just those two months.  Whale life never ceases to amaze me.)

• corytutor
    Anything better than nothing
  • TF1977
    TF1977 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    No word, yet. My spending (time and money) has been devalued to the point that it's harder to justify any more of either.

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I changed my mind about not caring that a few players getting 7 cp many times as a bonus on a bugle pittance. Stinks that i spend 50 times more for the same bonus. Not only did I and most players miss out on getting a lot of 5* covers but also so many more 4* covers. Some of the 4*s as they get closer to level 370 give a pretty big advantage in tje game. For a single stark buy i get 140 cp. At the same cost they get 7,000 cp. And let's not pretend they weren't spending more.

Welcome to the fold. This inequality issue was made by D3. They could and should fix this issue. They should display a product with integrity, by flagging accounts with multiple 2 dollar purchases and their alliance recipients and dealing with them.  Is it that hard to figure out that, if players know they can exploit or cheat with no significant repercussions, they will continue to do so?