The current pink elephant in the room. 5 star boosted Gambit from ill-gotten gains.

Comments

• Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    How many of these have you found? Really? I love racing you too Rockett, and I can’t beat you either, and none of these supposed glitch riders can. I see the results every event. I don’t understand why you are so uptight, just keep winning and enjoy it!
  • Avalancher
    corytutor said:
    Its like talking to a tree
    Or a troll. Get it?
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Claim troll all you want. In actuality you just sound clueless.  
  • Avalancher
    And I am playing you like a toy xylophone.

What level do you play? Has this really affected you or are you just part of the chorus?
  • Avalancher
    SCL4? 5?
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Isn't trolling technically against forum rules?  I know I, for one, would never troll.

Edit:  Also, if you're going to troll you don't say you're trolling. 
  • Avalancher
    Death, you are top notch. I always skip you.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because it's not just about today.  It's about the future. Wait until Thor is in Latest and all hoards are opened.  Plus the next exploit.  That's the point of all of this.  They did nothing for BH. They did nothing for the fake ally buys.  They did nothing for this. What about the next one? 

@Welcome Death I know of 1 that got the ISO 10 times.  They rolled him back. 
  • Avalancher
    I know of 8 - 10 hackers that got boxed. They do ban real cheaters.
  • corytutor
    Lol he said 4 or 5 but im in a t2 pve and t25 pvp alliance. Yup. I be slumming it.

But since you mention it, you have shown your ignorance in your statement. You see, scl doesnt determine mmr. Whatever scl i go to i will see champ fives. Like i said, you dont know half of what you think and when you open your mouth, it shows
  • Avalancher
    Punctuation is key.
  • Avalancher
    Wait what? T2 PvE? Cool, I will check that out!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments civil, and do not attack other players or comment just to get a rise out of them. Thank you!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Let me go a little further about actual cheating and what is really happening.

Do you all send in tickets for this stuff? We do when we see actual cheating. Send a real in-game complaint. Don’t just cry here on the forums.

Get organized. When we see real cheaters, we all send tickets. And the company gets things done.

That’s how it works. Not screaming about shadows on the forums.
    You assume alot. You assume there weren't alot of people using the exploit. You assume people didn't open tickets.

The post in this thread where @whitecat31 laid out how much people spend non exploit and then others could spend a tiny fraction and the CP haul is crazy different is clear.

They are way correct in complaining. The starks they bought are significantly devalued. They have to directly compete with others who paid a fraction of what they paid. It is a mistake that the devs patch fixed.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Avalancher said:

...And obviously the people leading the witch hunt have no idea how the top level operates if they think the glitch caused the Gambit glut.
    Wait, what? I might be confused but aren't you pro PvP wins change? If so then *you* have no clue how top level operates.
  • corytutor
    Just to clarify my stance a little, i have about 7500 wrapped up in my account
  • Avalancher
    edited November 2017
    Avalancher said:

...And obviously the people leading the witch hunt have no idea how the top level operates if they think the glitch caused the Gambit glut.
    Wait, what? I might be confused but aren't you pro PvP wins change? If so then *you* have no clue how top level operates.
    Not at all. I don’t like the PvP wins change, but I am happy playing this wonderful game no matter what. That’s the thing, if anyone is positive then they are assumed to be the opposition. Happens every time on a message board.

I was a frontrunner for a top level BC for a few months during the war in S1, now I love SCL9 PvE and just get 700 and 16 wins in PvP for alliance mins. We are T10 PvE and T50 PvP.

*Removed reference to player - Ducky

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering how one of the teams in the Ghost Rider event already had a champed 5-star Gambit at LVL 454.  Boosted, I think his red was doing upwards of 9000 pts of damage.  This explains a lot. :(
  • TF1977
    TF1977 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    TF1977 said:
    And, to be more honest, this minor glitch has done nothing to affect the competition around me. I don’t understand why people enjoy being so upset about something that doesn’t actually affect them much.
    It's impossible to tell and that's why this bug is particularly awful. Thousands of dollars on $2/7CP is nuts though. It's not a little problem if that's what happened. That's a metric ton of covers for cheap.  

But there are a lot of 5* Gambit teams in PVP. A lot.
    And if you were actually following the top level players at the time, they were all hoarding for the day Doc Ock left Latest Legends. 

Gambit in the meta is legit. This witch hunt is bogus. And obviously the people leading the witch hunt have no idea how the top level operates if they think the glitch caused the Gambit glut.
    No - I know that the devs can tell the difference between hoarders who got Gambit legit and those who took advantage of this "deal" though.

All that I ask - is that if it was as major as it looks like - that the devs take action. I'm fine with keeping Gambit as is until the boost wears off. But if he's still overpowered after that, nerf away.