The current pink elephant in the room. 5 star boosted Gambit from ill-gotten gains.

Comments

• Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Fair enough.  And if it was not as major as people assume it was, then we should be able to let it go.
  • TF1977
    TF1977 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Fair enough.  And if it was not as major as people assume it was, then we should be able to let it go.
    D3 should at the very least post something (I don't think they will). If it's truly minor, I'll let it go. If it's big and there is nothing done - I'll probably just go f2p and drop my VIP. The CP and HP are only valuable if they don't get devalued by this kind of stuff. Enforce fairness = more money. System rigged, "currency" devalued, trust eroded? I'm out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    How will you know?
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    ViralCore said:
    And maybe they did this and it was not as bad as people IMAGINE it was?

If you're on line, you would know how bad it was.
    Actually, you are very wrong.

I am on Line. I talk to the biggest of whales. They talk to the company itself.

This is not a major issue. Hacking gets sandboxed, and there are constant measures in place to stop it.

This, on the other hand, is just a bunch of pitchforks about a small issue.

It does not need all this fuss. Relax and play the game. Enjoy yourselves!
    Avalancher,  I am going to be polite and tell you a story. A long time ago, I was playing this game and I got hit by *nope* between shield hops. In fact we had a little battle in our pvp for rankings and I felt he got the better of me. I was so impressed with him, that I contacted him through these forums, and recruited him to join the Xmen like what I think any smart commander would. I introduced him to the Line App and everything that was I knew about competitive PVP and *nope* took off. He thrived in the PVP game, and I was very proud of him. He passed me up and did not look back. He immersed himself into the game so much, that I occasionally send him PM's apologizing to him, for introducing him to Line and the Xmen. He just laughs and thanks me.  Now although the great Xmen alliances are no more and we have both moved on, I can guarantee some things that I know about *nope*. He has a ton of integrity, he actually has played with the majority of whales in this game, and he knows pretty much all of them.  When he speaks, he speaks with truth and from the heart. So I highly doubt he is 'very wrong'.      
    I agree wholeheartedly
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Seriously all of you, move on.  It’s the same ppl complaining about every single thing in the game.  If this bothers you so much along with everything you complain about, simple - stop playing. 

• Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Actually, he is very wrong but that's fine. 

He said if I was on Line, which I am, that I would know how bad it is, which I don't. And I talk with quite a few of the biggest spenders in the game and they are in contact directly with D3 regularly about many things, including cheating.

This is not a major issue for them.

So yes, he is very wrong. But that's fine.
  • corytutor
    edited November 2017
    Or you could just not read threads that bother you. 

Furthermore, Ive not really seen the op  complain about anything outside of this, very legitimate, gripe. 
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I agree with you Avalancher, I’m a big spender and I could care less.  More ppl in my mmr for me to hit, yay for mmr!
  • corytutor
    Actually, he is very wrong but that's fine. 

He said if I was on Line, which I am, that I would know how bad it is, which I don't. And I talk with quite a few of the biggest spenders in the game and they are in contact directly with D3 regularly about many things, including cheating.

This is not a major issue for them.

So yes, he is very wrong. But that's fine.
    Except that ive got screenshots from devs saying virtually the exact opposite. 
  • TF1977
    TF1977 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Seriously all of you, move on.  It’s the same ppl complaining about every single thing in the game.  If this bothers you so much along with everything you complain about, simple - stop playing. 

Yeah, no. I joined *to* complain about this specific issue. I’ve been lurking in the board for 2 years give or take. I think 80% of the complaints are silly. Not this one. (Or Gambit being overpowered).
  • [Deleted User]
    If this means sooooo much to people, Id suggest some people are simply far to invested in a game on a mobile containing comic book characters.

Play it for your own enjoyment and save the righteous indignation for something that actually matters.

Morally I abhor cheating, but seriously, mpq just isnt worth this kind of effort and drama.
  • corytutor
    Its not just about a game. 

Many people have a lot of time, money or both invested and what these exploiters did is devalue those other peoples investements and efforts. Thats the real issue. 
  • [Deleted User]
    corytutor said:

Many people have a lot of time, money or both invested and what these exploiters did is devalue those other peoples investements and efforts. Thats the real issue. 
    Thats exactly my point.  Many people have put far more into mpq than it deserves.  Its simply not worth it.

If this incident was enough to put you off the game Id suggest in the longer term you would see it as doing you a favour.

I understand the principle, I do, but seriously - this isnt worth such angst and effort.
  • corytutor
    Thats subjective. Its certainly worth far less to me now than it once was. 
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    @sh81You are correct, it's a mobile game and not life or death. But after investing thousands of dollars and hours (foolish I know), it's disheartening to see everything you worked for become almost meaningless.

Like it or not, the CP glitch was not cheating but it was exploited and that just comes down to morals of the individual. No accounts should be rolled back or sandboxed but I have found the game to be "broken" since the release of the dual Gambits. I definitely do not enjoy it as much as I once did. I will never be a true whale but was able to compete. This just puts us further behind the curve.

Like it or not, both Gambits are broken. It's not just the ridiculous boost. My team consisting of two 460 5's and a max champed Ghost Rider was reduced to ashes in 6 turns and that was after I was able to take out the 550 Gambit. I hope he's nerfed but not waiting on it. I'll just adjust my play time in accordance with the amount of fun I'm having. Lately, that's not much.

The only thing that would ever change D3's stance on cheating or manipulating is for a group effort that would need to be lead by the whales. As long as the buy rooms keep rolling, these 20 page posts will fall on deaf ears.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    *If the bickering continues in this thread without any constructive postings, I will be closing this thread. If you want to bicker back and forth, do it in PMs*

Edit - fixed typo. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    corytutor said:

These people have invested their time and money in a *game*.
    Someone else getting a better deal than them does not devalue their investment. They got exactly what they were promised.
    Some people were accidentally promised greater value, but again they got what they were promised.
    Then a tiny group (when looking at this entire player base) found a way around the fix. These people were punished; as has been stated they were unable to perform trades on the covers redeemed with their questionably earned resources.
    The Devs have addressed the issue as they saw fit, fair, and achievable. The issue was opened and closed. You can rail all you want about how you disagree with this, but you're never going to get a public announcement from the Devs on how they handled this.

Do you want stores to post photos of shoplifters with lists of what they stole and what their punishment was? (not technically a valid comparison because these people did not steal anything, but close enough)
    Shoplifting causes the store to raise their prices, so it effects you, but no store will publicly announce who/what is stolen. They will simply let you see the security systems they have in place and expect you to trust that they don't want their customers to steal.  The Devs have announced that they know who the cheaters are, and they will be punished. That is all we can reasonably expect of them.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Westnyy2:

How can you dismiss the gambit boost as a factor, but then cite an example in which your 460 5*s lost to a 550 gambit in 6 turns?  

The leveling power curve is not linear.  It ticks up sharply after 350 or so.  That means 550s are immensely powerful.  They have about twice the health, power damage, and match damage of 450s.  

Your A team of 2x 460s + a champed GR is strong.  But it's totally outclassed by any team with a good 550 character (and whether gambit is broken or not we can all agree that he is top tier).  Would you have much sympathy for some with a 2* roster complaining about how hard it was to fight champed, boosted 4*s?  That's the kind of disparity that 450 v. 550 translates to at the lower tiers.
  • [Deleted User]
    corytutor said:
    Thats subjective. Its certainly worth far less to me now than it once was. 
    Thats probably a good thing.

westnyy2 said:
    @sh81You are correct, it's a mobile game and not life or death. But after investing thousands of dollars and hours (foolish I know), it's disheartening to see everything you worked for become almost meaningless.

Genuinely lost for words how anyone could spend that much on, essentially, nothing.

That being said, having spent that, invested time money and effort - I can well understand how disheartened you would feel.

I just hope it leads you to a less invested attitude to the game.

When it doesnt matter much, it is so much more enjoyable.

Compared to when I was trying to hit top 10 etc, Im having a great time.  I hope more people can find a balance that leads to a similar effect for them.