The current pink elephant in the room. 5 star boosted Gambit from ill-gotten gains.

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Avalancher man. You have no idea how many tickets some us send in. In fact we try and work together so CS does something about it. If you think cheating is dealt with, then why didn't anybody from
    the BH exploit get rolled backed or sandboxed?  We saw somebody jump 20 levels of 2 classic chars once this was discovered.  Reported. Nothing done. Some of us have went to Demi directly with this information.  Nothing was done.  Somw of us saw them live in person are Gen Con and NYCC to talk about this, nothing was done.  If you think cheaters are dealt with, I can tell you of a few current people to look up and tell you exactly what they are doing.  The reason why we come here is to hopefully put pressure on them to do something.  I have myself made at least 5 posts about the BH exploit.  Nothing was done. That's why we are frustrated. No matter what, it pays to cheat cause nothing will be done.   
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    @Avalancher

You're downplaying it. Or simply dont understand. You use words like IMAGINE while others present FACTS. That makes it hard to take you seriously. 

• Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Seriously? You? Okay then.

Rockett, I have seen quite a few serious cheaters shut down within days. It happens, much more often than you think.
  • Avalancher
    Hacking gets shut down quickly. Phantom accusations, not so much.
  • corytutor
    See. Down playing. 

Phantom accusations? Its known fact. You're in denial. 
  • Avalancher
    Wow. It’s like an extra cookie from the snack bar is causing the downfall of Western Civilization!!! Get a grip.
  • Avalancher
    @Avalancher

Why are you responding to every post whether it's directed at you or not?  Have you something to hide, are you trolling or simply can't see how bad this is for a sizeable chunk of the community.

There are so many problems with this exploit itself and then combine it with a monster boost to a very good 5* and it doesn't become clear to you why people are hacked off?

Lots of people have either bought and/or grinded to get their rosters to the level they are.  They have every right to complain and expect the developers/publishers to treat this seriously when others have caught up/overtaken/pulled clear of them illegitimately.

I am trolling, obviously. You take bait very well. Mad grats!
  • Avalancher
    edited November 2017
    And to be quite frank, I really wish I could have bought $100 worth of this when it happened just so I could laugh even harder at all these ruffled feathers.

I legit bought and ground my way to Top 5 SCL9 and I couldn’t care less about this minor glitch because I have a positive healthy outlook on life. Period.
  • TF1977
    TF1977 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I'm not sure I'd be proud of a roster that took advantage of this. Seems like it would ruin it.

• Avalancher
    And, to be more honest, this minor glitch has done nothing to affect the competition around me. I don’t understand why people enjoy being so upset about something that doesn’t actually affect them much.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    I cant believe the guy taking the wire transfers wasn't asking for $3 Or  $4 for every $2 purchase.  
  • Avalancher
    Wire transfers are part of the urban legend. It was surely PayPal, this is 2017!
  • TF1977
    TF1977 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    And, to be more honest, this minor glitch has done nothing to affect the competition around me. I don’t understand why people enjoy being so upset about something that doesn’t actually affect them much.
    It's impossible to tell and that's why this bug is particularly awful. Thousands of dollars on $2/7CP is nuts though. It's not a little problem if that's what happened. That's a metric ton of covers for cheap.  

But there are a lot of 5* Gambit teams in PVP. A lot.
  • Avalancher
    TF1977 said:
    It's impossible to tell and that's why this bug is particularly awful. Thousands of dollars on $2/7CP is nuts though. It's not a little problem if that's what happened. That's a metric ton of covers for cheap.  

But there are a lot of 5* Gambit teams in PVP. A lot.
    And if you were actually following the top level players at the time, they were all hoarding for the day Doc Ock left Latest Legends. 

Gambit in the meta is legit. This witch hunt is bogus. And obviously the people leading the witch hunt have no idea how the top level operates if they think the glitch caused the Gambit glut.
  • Avalancher
    And it is NOT impossible to tell. If you know the usual players in your slice, you would recognize a fresh name with a bogus Gambit. That did not happen. 

The sky is not falling, sorry.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    I also want to know when they're going to box the guys that did the million iso exploit like 3 or 4 times.  Am i right?
  • corytutor
    Its like talking to a tree