The current pink elephant in the room. 5 star boosted Gambit from ill-gotten gains.

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see no cheating here. Furthermore, if they want to spend hundreds on a free mobile app, I am very happy. They are helping to support the entire community and I think they deserve a little extra special.

So, thank you to those people who took advantage. Thank you very much.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    OJSP said:
    Don't forget the HP they can use to buy packs that give them more LTs.. if they are the assigned person to buy, they can get at least 400k HP.

Well I said they were 'special'.  Not really too much you can do with that HP these days when you are chasing 5 star covers. I guess you could buy 40 packs for the legendary tokens. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    The question is, is that the response the players of this game deserve?
    Because we have to complain. Because it's the answer MPQ deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll complain. Because D3 can take it, because it's not answer. It's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Demiurge.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    The actual punishment at bare minimum should be loss of cover swaps for good. 2 week ban is nothing, they can just hold their resources for 2 weeks. The more important thing to take away from this is the lack of integrity by d3. They know of actual cheaters and refuse to handle them appropriately. Some of these same people are the ones who used the other exploits.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    If a bank makes an error in your favor, the cash isn't yours.  It still belongs to the bank.
    Or, more likely, it belongs to someone else.

And also, Monopoly totally disagree's with you. Not that I recommend using Monopoly rules/effects as sound financial advice, of course :)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    And, I think they'd be content to sit quietly and hope mistakes like this are forgotten.  The question is, is that the response the players of this game deserve?
    No, but it's the type of response we've been getting for years now. Why do people expect it to change? The people responsible for giving us the response we deserve don't actually have the integrity to do so, that's painfully clear.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    When did this happen?
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I don’t blame the players one bit for taking advantage of this.  I do blame D3 for not rolling them back and issuing refunds.  It’s garbage.
  • thedarkphoenix
    I dont think its as easy as rolling them back or taking what they bought away. There are probably a good number of people that saw the deal and spent a ton on it not even thinking it was an mistake.

Plus trying to roll back just purchases from that time frame is way more tricky than just a take back
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I say just take away all the CP from everyone that bought at 2.99 and give a refund.  It was obviously a glitch in the system so before or after soft patch, just get rid of the CP
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I say just take away all the CP from everyone that bought at 2.99 and give a refund.  It was obviously a glitch in the system so before or after soft patch, just get rid of the CP
    I think that would be the most prudent solution.  In cases where purchases have been made with the CP, I'd say account roll back would be the best step to help signal the players they care about this.  But, banning or any further punitive measures would be unnecessary, since ultimately all of this originally stemmed from a mistake made server side.  
  • thedarkphoenix
    Taking away and rolling back accounts is not something you just do, 1st of all that could cause way more problems than it solves. 

And its not cheating, when you buy something for sales, especially a somewhat reasonable sale. It's not cheating. If you had to glitch or trick game into giving you a certain price that is cheating.

I had no clue about this but props to everyone that got the deal, is about 10 bucks for 35 cp which isn't really cheap and I can bet they made a ton of it.

You had to spend about 50 bucks to have any real chance at anything nice but I'm sure whales spent a TON so they cp probably through the roof.

You thought gambit was bad, wait until they champ out thor and he's buffed for the month.

RIP 5 star players
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I don't think anyone on here really faults people who bought in the initial window and got the bonus. I received 14cp and was wondering why people were buying Starks. Thought it was someone's birthday. 

The problem lies with the continued action. D3/Demi pushed out a fix fairly quickly to solve the issue. If you were able to avoid the fix then you could continue buying. 

We aren't talking about people unknowingly doing this. There was 100% knowledge that D3 rolled out the fix, people purposely identified how to avoid the fix, and then built a cp orgy around that. 

A similar scenario would be the 25% 5* screw-ups. Shame on D3 for doing it, especially more than once. But if someone found a way to maintain the odds after a change was made? Or hacks the game to change the rates? Then it's no longer taking advantage of a mistake. 

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    What I don't understand is why this isn't the norm?

If they want to make $$$, devalue their in-game currencies and let the players loose.  Let them spends thousands to take advantage.

Let's make it P2W.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    byc said:
    What I don't understand is why this isn't the norm?

If they want to make $$$, devalue their in-game currencies and let the players loose.  Let them spends thousands to take advantage.

Let's make it P2W.

It already is pay to win. Just at a slightly lower currency to cp conversion.