5-Stars in Heroes for Hire (10/24/17)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    can we buy a cover multiple times for 250 cp or is it a 1x purchase?  I would gladly spend my hoard and and level up my strange to 550.  
    @ThePunishers It's a one-time purchase for that cover, so if you want a different color, then you'll want to wait for its next rotation into the store.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby .... have the devs consider how long it will take the store to rotate through all the covers currently in classic tokens?

If I've done the math right, it's approximately 480 days, depending on the mix of 3- 4- and 7-day events, as well as any special events that may interrupt the schedule. That's:

16 classic 5*s • 3 colors each • 5 slots per essential cycle / 2 classics per essential cycle • an assumed average event length of 4 days

@Brigby ... will new 5*s be added to this rotation during a cycle, or not until the end of a cycle?

That's less time than for the DDQ 4*s to fully rotate through. 16 5* characters * (5/2) for eligible events is equivalent to 40 4* characters, and DDQ cycles are one day longer than the average 4 days.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have a 2/5/5 OML, so this sounds like a great way to finish him to me!

The thing that seems strange to me is that this kind of encourages hoarding.  I don't know when OML will be in the store, so I'm going to hoard for a week or two so I will have 250 ready when it comes up.  There just isn't enough time to get 250 CP from the time the offer goes live until it's gone.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pants1000 said:

The thing that seems strange to me is that this kind of encourages hoarding.  I don't know when OML will be in the store, so I'm going to hoard for a week or two so I will have 250 ready when it comes up.  There just isn't enough time to get 250 CP from the time the offer goes live until it's gone.
    Probably won't be too long. They seem to be doing the oldest Classic fivestars at the moment, so my guess is the next two Classic fivestars will be OML and Phoenix. Just a guess though.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Pants1000 said:

Probably won't be too long. They seem to be doing the oldest Classic fivestars at the moment, so my guess is the next two Classic fivestars will be OML and Phoenix. Just a guess though.
    So far they've done Silver Surfer and Black Bolt. Surfer was the first 5*, but Bolt was closer to the middle of the pack in terms of release date. It's too early to tell what kind of pattern they're using (if any) for the featured character. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    Pants1000 said:

So far they've done Silver Surfer and Black Bolt. Surfer was the first 5*, but Bolt was closer to the middle of the pack in terms of release date. It's too early to tell what kind of pattern they're using (if any) for the featured character. 
    True, I overlooked Black Bolt. Also Star-Lord was in Classic tokens when they introduced the fivestar nodes, so I guess my ramblings should just be ignored.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And I overlooked 5tar-Lord. Good point. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They said the 5 feature order will be 3 latest, 2 classic, then back to latest. It might be awhile until OML shows up....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    Pants1000 said:

They also did Hawkeye as the first. If there’s a pattern on which Classics they choose, I can’t  see it. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    Pants1000 said:

They also did Hawkeye as the first. If there’s a pattern on which Classics they choose, I can’t  see it. 
    Starlord was first, iirc Hawkeye hasn't been featured yet.

EDIT: I looked back, definitely Starlord first, Hawkeye has not been featured yet.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yep, I don't know if OML will be next week or months from now.  It's possible he was "skipped" because of the boss event and he won't come around for a long time.

The point is that if there are 1 or 2 you'd like to buy when they come around, it's best to start saving now if you don't already have a CP hoard.

Personally I think 2/5/5 is a no brainer, but I have some other top tier classic 5's at 0/4/5 and 2/3/5.  Still debating if I should buy them.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You’re better off waiting for specialty store (like cosmic) to include the classics you want to complete. Just need to save enough to do ~300 pulls. You end up with a new 5* too
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Pongie said:
    You’re better off waiting for specialty store (like cosmic) to include the classics you want to complete. Just need to save enough to do ~300 pulls. You end up with a new 5* too

250 CP is 10 pulls from a specialty store, so that's about one and a half Legendary tokens you might get if you put your faith in the RNG.

I will probably end up spending 250 CP on a blue or red cover for my 3/4/5 Silver Surfer, if only because I started using him a lot lately and he is quite useful. Being able to champ (and respec!) him is an excellent value for the CP in my opinion. Most other Classic fivestars are either champed already or have half a dozen covers at best, so there's not much Point in spending CP on them, better to use it to try to cover the Latest fivestars instead.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pants1000 said:

Just be ready for the store to inexplicably offer a Yellow cover instead.

#managingexpectations
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saving up CP for 2 weeks or so is not hoarding, it's just... saving. 
    Anyone who has decently covered 5's should just keep a floating 250-500+ CP at all times in case the right purchase comes along. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Yes, as stated in the original post, this is a trial run, and not necessarily a finalized feature, so details may be subject to change, or even its complete removal.