5-Stars in Heroes for Hire (10/24/17)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    The game won't survive a 6* tier. This just means no more swaps. 
    No swaps is a given.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any guesses as to whether they'll do with 5*s what they do with 4*s for HfH: when you have 12 covers and an unusable one dying on the vine, you get a HfH offer for one of the colors you have less than 5 of?

Of course, I don't think they ever actually announced that or if everyone gets it  but I I have one in my HfH (Mockingbird) right now.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The path for tangible 5 star procession has been delayed, again, please forgive us while we throw this totally inefficient means of it while you wait. This has been a d3 service announcment.

So maybe 40 five stars when we're able to acquire them thru actual gameplay?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohhh, nice. That means I'll have to start building a reserve again, try to have at least 250cp in the bank of at all times.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, to be fair, swaping covers is not a job Customer Support should have to deal with. I mean they shouldn't have been involved in this. They made a huge mistake somewhere on the line, and it got to this. So I rather find it normal that solutions should be sought to make it not necessary for CS to step in and swap any cover. Maybe this is one try toward that direction. 

But again I feel people are too negative even from the start. You can currently buy a cover for a 5* with 720 CP (while it is a certain cover, that is a way to big price to pay). But having the option to pay 250 CP for a classic 5* is more than great in my book, and that is where the buys are going to take place. Latest covers (heroes, items, or other) are more expensive than other content in every game, not just MPQ, so while a normal thing to do, I don't recommend anyone to buy from there, if that is not the last cover to champ. 

But overall, I think this is good news. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It start with the first cover from the top. That means Iron Man will offer red. The red coming up in daily resupply will be my 8th sold RED IM COVER. This offer only helps me sell a 9th cover.

@Brigby
    Can they give some thought to this system? Because it would take months before the right cover is offered..
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Eichen said:
    For those that think 500 is affordable.

To outright by 500cp out would cost $7,142.86.
    In a stark buy club it will cost you $357.14.
    500 cp is like getting a 5% drop rate (chance of specific Latest character), but you know the color and character beforehand. At the équivalent extra cost of letting 19 4star covers expiring without selling
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they start making fivestar covers more accessible, I hope we'll see them as placement and/or progression rewards too. I'm not holding my breath though. Why should we buy in the store if we can get the covers anyway?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Brigby can you clarify if for now they will still allow swaps of latest, I'm a few pulls away from busting a hoard and would like to know if I can still swap and if the plan is to end them?

Im sure you would understand the frustration busting 8 months work to then be turned away.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely movement in the right direction.

Why does it have to be CP?? I’d gladly pay a hefty amount of HP but 500 CP is still way to steep.
    You're kidding, right? You already pay more CP for this, and that's IF you already have one cover.
    Exactly this. Its 720cp to buy a cover right? 

500cp is very reasonable, and the 250cp for classics is fantastic. I'll definitely be using that to get a cover for Black Bolt and Silver Surfer when they pop up again. 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the 250 CP cost. I would already buy the first if BB was there. That being said - it will take a long while before I will decide to buy one. I don't find it that useful when you need 3+ cover for a classic. And if you need third color - this is month away (sorry Phoenix). That being said - I will cry for weeks if they stop the Latest swap policy. I am just so close to opening the hoard. Can't go for much longer but the change of policy might force me (and also make me not use them in the new store). 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    250cp is a great price for any 5* classic. However if the character is under covered, will it actually make any difference? Thinking more about this, I rather keep the cp for pulling latest to complete them. Say you buy 30 classics this way, it will be spread across many 5*s. None of which will make any impact. Save that cp and pull latest 300x to complete 3x 5* will be better progress.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure - pulling the hoard remains the best option (provided they don't change the cover policy). But if you have couple of 5* already at 11-12 covers this is a good option. Added benefit of pulling is the 4* covers you get so this is really a limited solution just to finish the old ones and add variety to the 5* you use.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eichen said:
    For those that think 500 is affordable.

To outright by 500cp out would cost $7,142.86.
    In a stark buy club it will cost you $357.14.
    This right here.

When CPs were first rolled out, the devs (paraphrasing) never intended for us to directly buy 5*s with CP.

However, now that is exactly what is happening.  Only, unless you participate in a buy club, you're still dropping $357 just to participate in an event (in the event you don't have the required character).

Yes, you'll have it from here on out, but you'll still need that 1k HP for the roster slot (and roughly 550k iso if you need that particular cover to champ).  

Paid rewards have always been a joke in this game.  Now that the devs have gone official with direct buying of 5*s, it's time to switch how resources are bought.

I propose:

1) Get rid of iso or Hero Point purchases.  The only thing HP are used for anymore are unlocking roster slots.  And champ rewards are better at Hero Point generation anyway.

2) People purchase CP directly, with bonus Hero Points and Iso.  $100 for 100cp with 5,000 hp and 100,000 iso and an LT.  Lesser dollar amounts for lesser awards.

This will make resources easier to buy and might actually get some people to buy more often, especially if you can price it better.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmmm...it looks like I have an offer for only 300 CP for Spiderman. 

JUST KIDDING! But am I? We'll have to see if they start making dual price points soon...
  • zahria
    zahria Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like this idea. It seems that this would be a good way to get that last cover you want for less (cheaper than spending the 720 CP for a cover).  It also sounds like you'd be able to see the colour of the cover you're getting so you'd know if this is a colour you need.  Also helpful. 

I'd like to see the idea of colourless covers that you can apply towards your 5* (or any character but 5* specifically). This would reduce or hopefully eliminate the need for cover swaps.  @Brigby can you bring the idea of colourless covers for 5* to the developers? 

Anyways, it's nice to see a good change. But as with many other people, I'd like to see the ability to get CP increased a bit to help players increase their rosters.  The transition from 4* to 5* is still a long road. 
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a fan, I don't have any Bruce Banner covers and will gladly spend 250 CP when that store comes up to have the character for the PvE Event.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Starfury said:

IF they stop swapping latest 3 after introducing 5* HFH, it would be a significant downgrade overall.

We get about 80 PvE events per year. With the 3:2 split between latest and classic, that's 32 classic featured 5* per year. AKA 1.5 years for the covers to cycle around (assuming no further additions)

So yes, 5* HFH can help finish a nearly finished classic 5* - if you can wait 9 (and rising) months on average.

That's nice and all, but nowhere near the current ability to get a latest 5* champed with 13 covers without having to fear dupes. If they take away that in exchange, it's a terrible deal for the playerbase.

And as you said "swapping covers is not a job CS should do". That's exactly what makes many of us expect this step to come sooner rather than later.

While this could be a step toward no more swapping, I don't think it's enough to go ahead and just remove the swapping from CS yet. But if it goes well, they could come with step 2, 3, and only then remove CS out of the equation. So I agree that if they just stop the swap after this change, it would not be great. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Roland113 said:
    I'm a fan, I don't have any Bruce Banner covers and will gladly spend 250 CP when that store comes up to have the character for the PvE Event.

I know those Words, but that sentence makes no sense...