5-Stars in Heroes for Hire (10/24/17)

Comments

• FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Doing Latest makes no sense. If I have 12 covers, why would I spend 500 cp for the last one unless it’s the very last opportunity to get it before leaving. I just pulled 30 yesterday. 5 DD/ 2/ Spidey/ 2 Gambit.  
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, these prices are basically only worthwhile if you have 11 or 12 covers already.  And that's good.  Lots of people have a bunch of classics that need to be finished.

Nevertheless, I see little reason to buy 3+ covers, even for a classic.  Not when that much HP could get me a bug chunk of the way through a latest character with a hoard of 4* covers on top.

And this system in no way removes the need for cs cover swaps in latest tokens.  I will be back here complaining if that change is announced next week.  But in the meantime, more options is generally good for players.  So thanks to demi for this new option.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I support this change!  Looks like it will be a specific cover - so a great (cheaper) way to get an exact one than 720cp

And, if you're desperate, an expensive way to exchange CP for ISO.

500cp for an exact cover... 

@Brigby Would CS color swap it?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just in case no one has done the maths (its fairly basic), the latest 500cp is equivalent to 20x pulls and classic 250cp is 12.5x pulls. Obviously latest is a bit steep especially when it's only useful when you have 5 covers in the other two colours and just need this to complete... oh wait a sec, customer service offer cover swap. Is this their way of ending this service? 

I would absolutely buy classics at this price. Issue is my oml is 5/1/4, im46 is 5/1/3 and phx is 5/1/3. Like many others, I would have to wait for the 2nd and 3rd colours to rotate it. Just a matter of will this last that long?
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I like this. There are one or two Classic covers that I would be willing to spend 250 for. It's too expensive to buy a whole 5*, but reasonable for finishing one that is almost done.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    why not use HP to buy, why CP?

or create two buttons, either use cp to buy, or HP to buy.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The CP prices do seem fair, certainly better than the HP costs for 4*s.... however it's still gonna be  hard sell for me more often than not.  We'll see how it goes.

Also it'd be nice it had more than 50K ISO, but I do like the only ISO approach.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    50k iso is about what it takes to level a 5* the 15 levels for each cover. That's probably where that number comes from, you can buy the cover and level the character up.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only reason why CP exist is because they don't want refund request if they nerf/change a character.  CP is a "bonus resource" not a straight cost buying.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucifier said:

they don't want to deal with refunds if they change/nerf a character.  CP is a "bonus resource" not a direct buy
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Me likey. This won't see a HUGE rise in 5* proliferation, but it does give us more control for less than the current price. This is a pure win in my book.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Lucifier said:

they don't want to deal with refunds if they change/nerf a character.  CP is a "bonus resource" not a direct buy
    you can buy 4* covers for HP in HfH, and any 4* char can be change/nerf.
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    corytutor said:
    I think this is a great price for classics but do we need a store @Brigby? This would work much better if it was just the standard price. 

Also, any idea how long i have to wait for bolt? I needed this update a few days ago, desperately.  With him just being boosted is there an estimate on how long before he rolls back around?
    @Brigby

Any information on what the cycle will be other than linked to pve? As we have seen pve rewards and boosted characters are not cyclical, we see some characters much more frequently than others as rewards/featurwd. Will there be a published schedule for upcoming character and cover?

Thanks 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only reason why CP exist is because they don't want refund request if they nerf/change a character.  CP is a "bonus resource" not a straight cost buying.
    This is such a transparent ploy to circumvent standard refund practices on ios and android.  Has anyone pushed for a change from apple and google?
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    I think this is cool. Much like the original hfh, I can’t see doing this unless it’s a first or 13th cover, but it’s a nice discount off the 720 cp cover purchase price
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Bowgentle said:
    6* characters incoming.
    I’ve been thinking that was coming for a while. This is totally another feather in that cap. Try and get the hoarders to blow all their CP so they can’t champ a 6* the second it comes out. 

Also so did I just agree with Bow?  I feel dirty...  :-p
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    The game won't survive a 6* tier. This just means no more swaps.