5-Stars in Heroes for Hire (10/24/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

As many of you might have noticed, we have recently started incorporating 5-Star Essential characters in many of the recent Story Events. Following this change, we would like to try something new with the Heroes for Hire store, in order to provide additional opportunities for players to acquire these essential 5-Stars. 

Starting with the Meet Rocket & Groot event, a cover of the Essential 5-Star will be available in the Heroes for Hire store (along with all the other normal offers in there.) Instead of opening token after token, trying to find that one specific cover, you'll now be able to acquire it for a flat CP amount.

In addition, please note that this is a trial run, and not a finalized feature, so this could be discontinued in the future.

Here are the details:
  • 5-Star from Essential mission in the current Story Mission
  • Available during the entire duration of the event being run
  • A single cover is available
    • Starts with the first cover from the top, and cycles through them from top to bottom
  • Cover can be acquired with Command Points
    • 500 CP for Latest 5-Star
    • 250 CP for Classic 5-Star
  • Includes 50,000 Iso-8
  • Visible to players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 32 or higher

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely movement in the right direction.

Why does it have to be CP?? I’d gladly pay a hefty amount of HP but 500 CP is still way to steep.
    You're kidding, right? You already pay more CP for this, and that's IF you already have one cover.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m not saying it’s wrong. The price is probably perfect. You get a 5* cover plus 50K iso for a decent discount on the regular price for one cover. I just wish it was HP that’s all. I have a total of 5 CP at the moment so I won’t be taking advantage of this store anytime soon.
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is amazing. Thank you @Brigby

Best news in a LONG time.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Why does it have to be CP?? I’d gladly pay a hefty amount of HP but 500 CP is still way to steep.
    Because they don't want players to be able to buy 5-Star characters directly.
    (Remembers that buyers club Alliances exist solely to get CP)
    Oh wait...

Back in the day it used to cost HC for all additional cover buys.
    1,000 HC per 4-Star cover if I remember right.
    Once that changed, I've had nothing to spend HC on, aside from a roster slot here and there when a new character is released.
    Guess I shouldn't complain, because it's let me build up such a horde of HC that a new roster slot at even 1,000 HC is no big thing anymore...

Still, overall a positive move.
    This is the first time EVER that a specific 5-Star has been available anywhere.
    Even if overpriced, it's a start...

Question though:
    What if you have 5 covers in the one that is available, like my ill-fated brother's 5/1/0 Phoenix, and he's pulled 2 more Green covers since (including from No More Guns and they wouldn't swap!) basically causing him to quit?  Can you somehow cycle to the next one so you aren't hosed?
  • Punishu777
    Options
    Brigby said:

Here are the details:
      • Starts with the first cover from the top, and cycles through them from top to bottom
    @Brigby

Does this portion mean that you can spend the 250 or 500 cp multiple times to get one of each color of cover? For example with bolt, the first 250cp would get me green, then I could spend 250 more for black and 250 more for yellow?
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think this is a great price for classics but do we need a store @Brigby? This would work much better if it was just the standard price. 

Also, any idea how long i have to wait for bolt? I needed this update a few days ago, desperately.  With him just being boosted is there an estimate on how long before he rolls back around?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like the idea but why is it double for Latest? Latest 5*s are easier to pull than Classics. 300 CP would make more sense. Plus, customer service is swapped Latest, so why would anyone purchase a direct Latest cover when they can swap for what they want? Unless Swapping is finally ending. Then we would need additional ways to earn CP.

Also where are those sweet Elite tokens in this deal?
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Or you save it for 2 weeks
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:

Here are the details:
    Does this portion mean that you can spend the 250 or 500 cp multiple times to get one of each color of cover? For example with bolt, the first 250cp would get me green, then I could spend 250 more for black and 250 more for yellow?
    There would only be one cover available per offer, so you'd want to wait until that character's next rotation into the store for the offer to bear the next color.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like the idea but why is it double for Latest? Latest 5*s are easier to pull than Classics. 300 CP would make more sense. Plus, customer service is swapped Latest, so why would anyone purchase a direct Latest cover when they can swap for what they want? Unless Swapping is finally ending. Then we would need additional ways to earn CP
    Because with 5*hfh getting supported due to classics' (really well priced) 'trap', will lead to discontinuing of latest swaps
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Movement in the right direction, but my 5/5/2 IM46 weeps..... It will be soooooooooooooooooooooo long before his yellow is in HfH, if it even still exists then..........

@Brigby
    Can you ask the devs about making it need specific or even give us the choice of what color we want???
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too bad, we won't get a choice of the five star cover, most likely, it will be the 5 star characters most powerful match color. Apparently, it is too hard for them to program to give us a choice, and these guys are very predictable. If they follow this predictable cycle, it will than be the second most powerful color, the next time around, and then the last color.  By the time the cover we need is available 6 star Loganpool will be coming out. 
  • Punishu777
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

Here are the details:
    There would only be one cover available per offer, so you'd want to wait until that character's next rotation into the store for the offer to bear the next color.
    Thank you for the clarification @Brigby
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Interesting.  I bet the store will see a lot of sales for classics like Bolt and Thanos.