Updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Training (10/17/17)

Options

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I'm not particularly upset about it, requiring a 209 Rogue just to complete the main block of missions is flagrantly ignoring the #1 complaint about the first run of this thing.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Couldn't it just require that character instead of needing a level attached? Kinda like how Deadpool Daily works, at least then we can try. Would be a lot friendlier and possibly receive good feedback (Which would be a breathe of fresh air!).
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ever wonder if the developers ARE "the whales" man? 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Asmodaeus said:
    Umm, no.  Every indication we have seen suggests that the devs have a very poor grasp of high level play in mpq.  I would be legitimately shocked if anyone at demi turned out to be a stealth whale. . .
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    An event with requires 1 characters to be at high level, 1 of whom hasn't been released until the event starts and the other hasn't even made it into rotation yet.  

Why go through the trouble of creating events almost no one can fully participate in?  Do you want the player base to hate you or was a decision made to cater to only the players to pay the highest amounts of money?

This event makes no sense at all, but what is worse is what one expects is that the next character release will feature Rogue and Nightcrawler on their Training Event - assuming the next character is released before anyone can pick up either of them. 

We have to keep out the Riff-Raff after all.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm trying to be more positive about things these days.

Right now I'm happy that I might be able to reach that 1,100 ISO reward. That's the only positive feedback I can give to this entire event.
  • Asmodaeus
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Asmodaeus said:
    Umm, no.  Every indication we have seen suggests that the devs have a very poor grasp of high level play in mpq.  I would be legitimately shocked if anyone at demi turned out to be a stealth whale. . .

• Asmodaeus
    Options
    That's what they want you to think
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Asmodaeus said:
    That's what they want you to think
    if they were good at 4D Underwater Chess they'd be much better at making good business decisions
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Looking forward to getting 0 Nightcrawler covers just like I got 0 Rouge's the last time. :(
    If you can't achieve Top 100 to get that first cover, then you're either not willing to play hard enough to achieve that or...you're roster isn't ready to make the cut. If it's the latter, we've all experienced that and nobody gets to skip it. It's part of the achievement structure of this game.

For many months I could not play 3* and 4* essential nodes either because I didn't yet have the character from previous events or didn't have the spare HP to roster them when I did get them. That's part of the game structure. Every decision you make has rewards and consequences. You can't always have everything.

After sticking with it, I now have the ability to get Top 100 every character release if a decent life time schedule allows and I put a certain about into it.

I was never as frustrated with not being able to go faster than I wanted to because my expectations weren't unrealistic.

Those of you who are really frustrated with these situations, the best thing you can do is evaluate your expectations. "Expectations are premeditated disappointments." The more unrealistic they are, the more pain you're causing yourself.

By the way, my Rogue is three covers (I'll be very limited), my Elektra is five covers (lvl 120 is all I can achieve), and my Invisible Woman is champed. So I'm not someone who isn't also missing out a lot on these rewards. I'm not as irked by it (some irked) because I don't expect to be able to have it all. Spending the money is a choice. I never have and I don't feel forced to.
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for making an event that caters only to the top 20% of the players. "Here's a new event that requires you to have the 4* character that just came out, fully covered and levelled to play" LMMFAO.
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I better hurry and spend my kids college fund on the off hope I'll actually get 10 covers for rogue that i need and not other **** cover pulls where the game gives you 56 of the same color cover lol. 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey don’t be surprised that the next required characters are nightcrawler, Rogue, whoever. They try very hard to make us spend to cover the new release 4* as soon as possible.
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wow, new SHIELD training is even worse than the Rogue one.  It's like you've listen to everything that players has pointed out as wrong and then doubled it. You really hate us, Demi, do you?
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    10 Rogue covers required to get Nightcrawler? So this event is aimed at like, .02% of the player base? 
    At this rate will we need 10 Gambit 5* covers for the next one? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Rogue is in tokens in about 4 hours.  Money.

By the way, devs, maybe running this at the same time as wins PVP beginning was not the best choice.  Did you want Anniversary to create a positive feeling about your game that could continue for a little while?
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow, this is hot trash! Thanks for making it worse! 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If I should express my real feeling for D3 at this moment, I surely will be banned.....

Great job Devs!  (sarcasm intended)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless Rogue covers fall from the sky like mana from the gods, due to the Rogue Paywall, I've actually completed less of the event this time as the last run.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I’d like to see a shift in how they set the game up, because a change like this that locks out non whales, is a slap in the face to players that have been playing and supporting for years.