Updates to S.H.I.E.L.D. Training (10/17/17)

Options

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    this is dumb. my IW is lvl 192, my Elektra is 135, my Rogue is 1/2/2. even if I wanted to I couldn't jack them all up outta nowhere if you still have those level requirements. last time it was 3 characters who have been around forever.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    this is dumb. my IW is lvl 192, my Elektra is 135, my Rogue is 1/2/2. even if I wanted to I couldn't jack them all up outta nowhere if you still have those level requirements. last time it was 3 characters who have been around forever.
    Elektra and Invisible Woman have been around even longer than Prof X and Cyclops. 
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Plus IW and Elektra are offered three covers each in the daily rewards in some of the earliest gifts there. I am just getting to the Elektra ones in the coming weeks, but I got the IW ones already which made her my first vintage champ months ago. 

As for Rogue, time to list her as bonus hero as soon as possible. Those come frequently enough that some might hit 10 covers before that event expires.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

Just like literally everything else in the game (after the intro), if you can't complete it now, keep playing and building, and your time will come.

At least MPQ offers these avenues. Not all rosterbuilding games in this model do.
    While that’s true of nearly every other part of the game, you can’t “keep playing and keep building” your way to participating in an event that’s deliberately locked out to people who don’t shell out for tokens to whale new characters. By the time most players keep playing and building to where they can complete this event, it’ll be long over.
     yeah 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

IW and Elektra are one thing, but adding rogue is such a joke. She's not even in tokens yet, and this is both after them introducing a feature that discourages hoarding and double iso that the vast majority blew thru champing characters. 

And the stupidity is that we all know the next time they run this we will be in this same situation again because it'll be nightcrawler as a featured character.

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Once again, an additional event, offered above and beyond the usual, is met with derision here.

Just like literally everything else in the game (after the intro), if you can't complete it now, keep playing and building, and your time will come.

At least MPQ offers these avenues. Not all rosterbuilding games in this model do.
    Let me guess, 1000 + day player with all the characters fully champed?
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    lol aesthetocyst, keep on gatekeeping on behalf of d3. Makes you look like such a moderator!

Let us celebrate D3 in all their glory, giving us events we can't play and boosts nobody wants. It's new content! New content is automatically good! Let's support D3 spending more time making these **** additions instead of focusing on the many other issues in this game.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once again, an additional event, offered above and beyond the usual, is met with derision here.

If this was a repeatable event that cycled through characters on a routine basis like DDQ, I would whole heartedly agree with you. But if the new mini event model is to exclusively cater to spenders, that’s ok too, just be upfront about it. Make the last row only available to VIP members or something. This is starting to have precedent that the end will only ever be available to the elite few.

Its the carrot dangled on a stick that’s the problem. Don’t make something look attainable if it is not.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

Except that all of the characters in the training event, except for Rogue, were locked away in the vault for a while with very few avenues to get more covers for them for newer players. I've been playing the game over a year now and I have exactly 2 covers for Elektra. Two. Two for Elektra, would be three but an earlier alliance told me not to bother rostering her because she's pretty useless. Can you guess how many covers I have for Carol, Riri, Blade or Medusa? Quite a few more than just 2. Hell I have more covers for Rogue than I do for Elektra.

Edit. I just realized that I have more covers for Howard the Duck than I do for Elektra.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:it’s extremely unlikely I’ll ever be able to fully Roster a character before they are in packs and available for BH.
    This.  All respect to Aesthetocist and his contributions to this forum, but this is not a keep playing, you'll eventually get there situation.  The only hope I can hold out for the event is that they changed the reward structure so it's at least somewhat worthwhile for people with only a couple of Rogue covers.  Heck, I've got two of the 4* characters championed, and it still sounds like I'm out of luck.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Would have preferred another character other than Rogue, since we've had so few opportunities to get her covers but I'm always happy for new content and I agree that the derision seen here is a bit off the charts considering this is something you didn't even know you were getting.

As for them upselling new characters overall, this game is free to play and there are no ads, so revenue must come from somewhere. I'd much rather it be done on additional bonus content than on main PvE/PvP events.

I also think that the suggestion to increase the duration would be great, as it'd give people more opportunity to open tokens, try to reach that target.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And both Rogue and Gambit in packs on Thursday. Set heroes to bonus, rush Gambino to 183 and beyond, and do classic pulls. (Darn, now Spider Gwen and Good Doggy have to wait longer for their ISO.)
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but aren't the final nodes in the horizontals the only nodes with required characters?

If so, doesn't that mean (considering the order Brigby listed them in), that Rogue will be required for the final node on the top row (no restrictions), Invisible Woman for the middle row (lvl 120), and Elektra for the bottom row (lvl 209)?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love if a new SHIELD Training accompanied every PvE for extra covers. Row 1 for Heroic token, Row 2 for 2* essential cover, Row 3 for 3* essential cover, Row 4 for 4* essential cover, then Row 5 for LT. 

It would still force us to champ everyone to participate but it won't be as cruel about it because it would be ongoing, not just new releases.

The only way Rogue would had worked is if you put her in Tokens during Anniversary and/or made her the 4* alliance reward instead of X23. I don't understand how they can be satisfied with less than 1% completing this. Between this, 5* PvE essential, and now character-specific boosts for purchase, it sounds like the game is broke and trying to gain as much money as possible to keep the doors open.

• Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Killians8 said:
    Plus IW and Elektra are offered three covers each in the daily rewards in some of the earliest gifts there. I am just getting to the Elektra ones in the coming weeks, but I got the IW ones already which made her my first vintage champ months ago. 

As for Rogue, time to list her as bonus hero as soon as possible. Those come frequently enough that some might hit 10 covers before that event expires.
    Already hit a bonus hero for Elektra on the first one pulled that I earned enough CP for. Woohoo!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Let's see .... clicking my name says I joined the forum 2.5yrs ago and this is actually my 'new' account. So, yeah something like that. Checking game ... day 1217, rank 122, currently 109 characters champed, out of 144 in-game. 7 I don't roster, 10 previously maxchamped in the process of rebuilding ... so 18 characters I haven't champed yet. 13 of those are 5s, the other 5 are new releases, and Dino. So no, not all champed.
    The question comes down to it, are you cheerleading an event you yourself can fully complete while others can not and wont for years to come cause that just seems callous.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looking forward to getting 0 Nightcrawler covers just like I got 0 Rouge's the last time. :(