Post-vaulting: How are 3x token odds for latest working out for you?

Options
1235»

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All champed except:
    Yondu 2/5/4
    Lockjaw 4/3/4
    Rogue 0/2/5 (damn you rng!)

Of the 10 champed, Riri is highest at 310, 3 others are over 300 (and 6 more over 300 who benefited from vaulting).
    Had vaulting remained, I reckon characters would've dropped out of tokens in the 320+ range for me, and in the long run, I would've ended up with 2 tiers - newer ones possibly able to hang vs 5*s when boosted and legacy characters that are mostly irrelevant outwith outwith essential nodes.
    Now, the newer characters are still surpassing the legacy characters, who are still mostly irrelevant, but it's going to take far longer to get them to a position they could work well alongside those 5*s.

In terms of champing the new ones, I was champing them during first season in tokens, now it's second or third, so still way way faster than before.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm conflicted on it now. Vaulting exponentially increased both my useful latest 12 champed 4s into high levels and spurred a huge increase in the champ level rewards that I was getting, both 3 and 4 stars. Yes, vaulted characters suffered and I had a running crew of about 10 max covered never to be champed 4s because the 12 were always a priority. BH also did a wonderful job of getting several characters to near champ status.

Post vaulting has severely decreased my ability to champ newer characters, and slowed down champ character rewards/levels. Unvaulting also yielded 13th covers for preciously BH vaukted characters. Also, because of unvaulting it has allowed me to completely catch up on champing those previously vaulted characters where now dino is my only maxed covered 4 that needs champing. Another bonus, It has had the effect of slowly bringing other champed vaulted 3/4 characters up extra levels, but nowhere need what vaulting did for latest. 

Ultimately I've benefited from both changes. Had 10-12 vaulted characters champed when they got vaulted, then champed almost all the latest characters during vaulting (Sandown and vulture being the only ones not champed when ended), And since then allowed to get back on prevaulting train to finish off everyone else.

Only really complaint is that rng has been very unkind on me when drawing the newest 4s mostly because of dilution. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I just jumped in here, so I might be answering a question that isn't being asked, but the alleged 3x odds seem like a lie to me. It feels like all I ever pull are vaulted characters. I'm shooting for more Vultures, Yondus, and Mockingbirds so I can champ them, but I keep getting older characters.

This weekend I opened 30-some legendary pulls, and I got THREE Hulkbusters. What the heck? And I also keep pulling Winter Soldier, Jane Thor,  and Ghost Rider for some reason. Since unvaulting, I've pulled 4-5 covers of each of them.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NotBAMF said:

I just jumped in here, so I might be answering a question that isn't being asked, but the alleged 3x odds seem like a lie to me. It feels like all I ever pull are vaulted characters. I'm shooting for more Vultures, Yondus, and Mockingbirds so I can champ them, but I keep getting older characters.

This weekend I opened 30-some legendary pulls, and I got THREE Hulkbusters. What the heck? And I also keep pulling Winter Soldier, Jane Thor,  and Ghost Rider for some reason. Since unvaulting, I've pulled 4-5 covers of each of them.

That's because the 3x odds are a little missleading.  It's really:
    15% 5*
    42.5% Featured 4*
    42.5% Vintage 4*

The 3x odds comes from the fact that Group A (Featured) has 12 members.  Group B (Vintage) has 45 members.
    Odds of pulling a particular member from Group A = 1/12 = 8.333%.
    Odds of pulling a particular member from Group B = 1/45 = 2.222%
    8.333 / 2.222 = 3.738 (so really this should be 4x times with inflation since it launched, it was originally like 3.2)

But what people really feel is close to a 50/50 shot on getting vintage or a features with a low chance at a 5*.

Hope that helps explain it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also perception comes into play here. So many vaulted fours means they are incredibly spread out when opening tokens. Whereas the latest releases are at 3-4 (lockjaw, yondu, etc), pulling vaulted 4s feels like more them all being spaced out. So while you're still pulling latest, it feels like less if rng is unkind and you're not pulling the most recently released characters. 

This is happening to me, I'm pulling a fair amount of 3x characters, they just aren't the characters that I currently need...that just so happens to be the newer releases.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    NotBAMF said:

That's because the 3x odds are a little missleading.  It's really:
    15% 5*
    42.5% Featured 4*
    42.5% Vintage 4*

Yeah, the 3x is a misnomer. But I guess they didn't want to make two pools with 1:2.35 odds.

Confusing UI aside, the distribution they implemented is also key in ensuring that latest 12 aren't suffering from dilution anymore. If they'd actually made them 3x as likely as regular characters, we would have the same dilution problem as we had before vaulting, just with slightly higher odds for new characters.