Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol...

1235»

Comments

• TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Try the S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator.  Methinks you'll find here there.  A lot.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheBaku said:
    Yes because she is a top 10 4 star in many people's opinion. I still see more teams of rocket and groot, gamora, and medusa.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    TheBaku said:
    I saw her quite a bit, but she was only the 4th most common 4* I saw.  She was maybe in 30% of teams, give or take (including mine, as I used Carol/Medusa/Riri, for what it's worth). I tended to skip the R&G/Gamora/Medusa teams (far and away the most common on my climb) specifically to fight the Carol teams along with the odd high point 3* teams that started showing up once I hit 500 points, so while it's clearly anecdotal, I feel comfortable in my estimate of the team compositions I saw on my way to the Dino cover.  

Don't get me wrong; Carol is a great 4* character.  There's no question.  That being said, this whole thread is still largely an over-reaction based on back-to-back boost weeks.  I have yet to see her even once in Devil Dino's event, which is telling (and prompted my last post)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grocket and Gamora are both boosted, so it's time to go back to the "Nerf Grocket!" thread apparently.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just waiting for all the "nerf Rogue" threads now...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Grocket and Gamora are both boosted, so it's time to go back to the "Nerf Grocket!" thread apparently.
    Anyone that wants them nerfed clearly doesn't play PVE. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Groot and Gamora are powerful especially in PvE. In PvP this combo can be easily countered by characters who steal/convert/destroy special tiles, or you can simply focus the special tiles with your matches.
    Against strong teams (20k HP+ each) they are not that great since once strike tiles are gone, they never return.
    Which cant be told about Carol with 30K black (i wonder how would you counter her passive :D )
  • DirtyOne
    DirtyOne Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Pants1000 said:
    I don't mind fighting Carol most of the time.  I like to make sure both teams have the strongest color and avoid that color at all costs.  Sure an unlucky cascade can hurt, but it usually works well.  

The thing I don't like is how difficult it can be to figure out what the opponents strongest color will be before starting the fight.  I know the common teams, but sometimes you see 3 4's around the same level, and it's not clear which color it will be.  Is there an easy way to see that I don't know about?
    At the title screen before the fight as your assigning your assists or boost you can press on each character and see their stats.  That way you can adjust your team to make sure both teams have the same color as strongest. 
  • tiomono
    veny said:
    Groot and Gamora are powerful especially in PvE. In PvP this combo can be easily countered by characters who steal/convert/destroy special tiles, or you can simply focus the special tiles with your matches.
    Against strong teams (20k HP+ each) they are not that great since once strike tiles are gone, they never return.
    Which cant be told about Carol with 30K black (i wonder how would you counter her passive :D )
    But that's still 7 strong tiles you have to deal with from the start. All the counter options to deal with them take turns. Every character has their strengths and weaknesses. It does not mean because you see a strong character on every team while they are boosted that they need a nerf.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    veny said:
    For one you can deny her black & yellow. Her passive needs CD tiles, so if you match/destroy the CDs there is no passive. 3* Falcon is one of plenty heroes that can just remove her black CD from the board, leaving you with a fortified black basic tile (because of Redwing). Of course there are others that can effectively deal with her. I gave you the 3* example to understand that even a lower tier roster have a chance to deny her in some way.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    veny said:
    But that's still 7 strong tiles you have to deal with from the start. All the counter options to deal with them take turns. Every character has their strengths and weaknesses. It does not mean because you see a strong character on every team while they are boosted that they need a nerf.
    Yeah, but no matter what, the strike tiles are destroyed over time.
    From my experience, they are gone after defeating 1 enemy with 30k HP (during PvP you have 2-3 of them)
    Every character has their strenghts, heh? I hope you can explain me how to make Sandman as useful as Carol, or Groot (without other Guardian present)
  • tiomono
    give Sandman a try while boosted with iron fist. Not as strong as rocket and groot with a fellow guardian, but does pack a surprising punch as fists blue fuels Sandman stun and aoe damage, and Sandman gives protects for fist to go crazy with his black.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    veny said:
    tiomono said:
    veny said:
    Yeah, but no matter what, the strike tiles are destroyed over time.
    From my experience, they are gone after defeating 1 enemy with 30k HP (during PvP you have 2-3 of them)
    Every character has their strenghts, heh? I hope you can explain me how to make Sandman as useful as Carol, or Groot (without other Guardian present)
    Strike tiles are the strength of Grocket. And green is also very good. With strike tiles out, it ensures you have a free damage every start of the turn until it explodes.

But what you're missing here is the combo. Grocket & Gamora complete each other. While Grocket has the first few turns of the match with strike tiles, by the time they are gone, Gamora would have her black ability ready for use and fill the board with strike & attack tiles. Add her blue stun and you can beat almost any team.

Gamora would not be as great without Grocket, because she would be a lot slower in damage dealing, and Grocket wouldn't be as good without her because of the follow up you mentioned. 

Not every hero is good by himself. Some are better in a combo, while others are better against certain teams (like Str3nge). Strange is very weak in PvP, yet he is very good in PvE. Panther is very strong with Thanos, but a lot weaker without him. And so on.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    A killer combo would get duplicated over and over and over... until someone finds a counter. Then another killer combo arises... until they're not killers anymore. Then another, then another. Ad infinitum.

And actually, the days for Carol are nearly over. The new Grockmora combo is now ascending the throne. And on the wings, the Rogambit combo is waiting for a chance for regicide.