Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol...

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 4* land opponents are all Medusa, Carol, Gamora, Grocket, and Blade. Every single team in Sim is some variation of that group.

Just for funsies once, I tried to see if I could get 5 teams that were all the same. I got five Grocket, Gamora, Medusa teams pretty quickly, but I couldn't get them all with the characters in the same slots L to R. Oh well.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Once again, soooo tired of **people** calling for nerfs. Carol is one of the easiest 4*s to beat. Learn how to play or go play something else.

**Removed insult - Ducky
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll fight Carol all day over Medusa. Carol can be managed fairly easily by just thinking for half a second before making your matches. Medusa on the other hand is guaranteed to chip away a big chunk of your health, and of course the AI's countdown always seems to land where it's matchable.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's good and she has been boosted for a while plus she is a vaulted character.  I have been using her but I have also hit a lot of teams using her too.  She isn't nearly as effective on defense as she is on offense.  In the Sim I have been using her along with C&D and Peggy for example.  In the other PvE's, I have been using her with Blade.   

Same with Medusa, I hit teams using her all the time (unless paired with someone like Carnage).  She isn't that imposing in most teams.  It doesn't really matter who you face because you are going to take significant damage against any boosted 4* that will require health pack use while at the same time just about any 4* team is beatable. 

I like the Sim better than normal PvP because you see slightly more team variations since there are no boosts.  In normal PvE's you basically just see boosted characters, so you are many times just fighting a clone of your own team.   
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use carol against carol and bait the enemy team to match there strongest color. I also try and match there strongest color for max damage.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once again, soooo tired of crybabies calling for nerfs. Carol is one of the easiest 4*s to beat. Learn how to play or go play something else.
    In most situations yes. I really enjoy and Carol vs Carol black on black matches.  Set the ai up for match 4s or leave black all over the board and watch the fireworks. 
  • X_T
    X_T Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    You've only seen her so much because she has been boosted quite a bit lately. Once she's not boosted, she's only here and there. I don't think she needs a nerf.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Pants1000 said:
    The thing I don't like is how difficult it can be to figure out what the opponents strongest color will be before starting the fight.  I know the common teams, but sometimes you see 3 4's around the same level, and it's not clear which color it will be.  Is there an easy way to see that I don't know about?

The screen right before you enter the fight (where you select boosts) you can click on enemy toons. Whichever toon has the highest match damage--that is their strongest color. If there is/are ties, it goes center/left/right as a tiebreaker.
    Thanks! I didn't realize you can click on the enemy toons on that screen.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Once again, soooo tired of crybabies calling for nerfs. Carol is one of the easiest 4*s to beat. Learn how to play or go play something else.
    Super helpful,  thanks!

Never said she couldn't be beat....   I said she is on almost every team for two weeks....  at some point it is just becomes dull and monotonous to fight the same teams relentlessly.

Have a nice day!
  • TheBaku
    X_T said:
    You've only seen her so much because she has been boosted quite a bit lately. Once she's not boosted, she's only here and there. I don't think she needs a nerf.
    I think you're correct...  2 straight weeks of boosted Carol is super boring though...  how about instead of a nerf,  they just think through the boosting schedule a bit...
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    TheBaku said:
    X_T said:
    I think you're correct...  2 straight weeks of boosted Carol is super boring though...  how about instead of a nerf,  they just think through the boosting schedule a bit...
    They did. This was an unusual situation of the Anniversary and Fan Favorites and things coinciding due to much of that. It's a rare situation that I think we can let go as a one-off. If it starts to happen regularly then I think it's worth registering a complaint about.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku said:
    X_T said:
    They did. This was an unusual situation of the Anniversary and Fan Favorites and things coinciding due to much of that. It's a rare situation that I think we can let go as a one-off. If it starts to happen regularly then I think it's worth registering a complaint about.
    You're probably correct...  2 straight weeks of Carol matches is a bit much in my humble opinion....  :)
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I've rather enjoyed having two weeks of Carol...gave me time to find a bunch of new ways to abuse her since they changed stuff like Blade and Torch's countdowns to repeaters...I'll share one with y'all: Carol/Cloak and Dagger/Loki. Cheers!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 said:
    I've rather enjoyed having two weeks of Carol...gave me time to find a bunch of new ways to abuse her since they changed stuff like Blade and Torch's countdowns to repeaters...I'll share one with y'all: Carol/Cloak and Dagger/Loki. Cheers!
    Yes please, everyone run Cloak with Carol.
    Thank you.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    TheBaku said:
    Super helpful,  thanks!

Never said she couldn't be beat....   I said she is on almost every team for two weeks....  at some point it is just becomes dull and monotonous to fight the same teams relentlessly.

Have a nice day!

I wasn't trying to help, that's why that comment doesn't have a strategy along with it. Just expressing my disgust with the rash of "I'm slightly annoyed let's nerf everything posts". Monotony has been the name of this game since it's inception. Are you new to pvp or something? If it's not Carol, it will be medusa or R&G or Thanos or whoever but you're probably right the devs should just change the game just for you.  
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Pants1000 said:
      Is there an easy way to see that I don't know about?
    Once the match starts, click on Carol and then click on her Green ability (Energy Manipulation) and the description will tell you what color of yours is the strongest and what color's energy she'll absorb (and obviously you'll get hit for damage if these two are the same).
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku said:
    Super helpful,  thanks!

Have a nice day!

I wasn't trying to help, that's why that comment doesn't have a strategy along with it. Just expressing my disgust with the rash of "I'm slightly annoyed let's nerf everything posts". Monotony has been the name of this game since it's inception. Are you new to pvp or something? If it's not Carol, it will be medusa or R&G or Thanos or whoever but you're probably right the devs should just change the game just for you.  
    Gee,  I bet you're fun at parties.

I'm on day 1447 of resupply,  and though there have been lulls,  I'm not sure I agree that "monotony has been the name of the game since its (fixed that for you) inception"...   I'm not sure I would have stuck it out for 1447 days if I felt that way.

I actually think the PvP by wins instead of points lead to some varied teams and a lot more fun...  but that's just my opinion.   I guess you're technically correct,  the devs could make that system permanent for me,  maybe they will!

What my original post said is that Carol has appeared in WAY more than 10% of my match ups lately,  and if that was the criteria that got OML changed,  then maybe its time to make some changes to Carol...

That said,  the majority opinion that 2 straight weeks of boosts have created this scenario (and it will right itself) seems to be the correct one.

Have a nice day!
  • Demanufacture69
    Demanufacture69 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    I dont think she needs a nerf. I personally been targeting her as mentioned previously the black on black makes the fights much easier.., but on the other hand there are now over 50 4* characters and only a handful are getting used, the amount of teams i see with either carol or medusa and even more so now rocket and groot and gamora. The fights start to feel stale. Its the same with te PVE and fighting the same characters over and over again it just starts to get a little repetitive 
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    tanis3303 said:
    Yes please, everyone run Cloak with Carol.
    Thank you.
    Hey now, I never said the AI could play it correctly  :p But in the players hands? The fact the AI is dumb is exactly why it works.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Pants1000 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e soraid:
    Pants1000 said:
    The thing I don't like is how difficult it can be to figure out what the opponents strongest color will be before starting the fight.  I know the common teams, but sometimes you see 3 4's around the same level, and it's not clear which color it will be.  Is there an easy way to see that I don't know about?

The screen right before you enter the fight (where you select boosts) you can click on enemy toons. Whichever toon has the highest match damage--that is their strongest color. If there is/are ties, it goes center/left/right as a tiebreaker.
    Thanks! I didn't realize you can click on the enemy toons on that screen.
    Or, you can click on your carol or enemy carol and then click on her passive and it will tell you straight out your strongest color is (blank) and your opponents strongest color is (blank)