Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol...

TheBaku
TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
And so on...

I see more Carol now than I ever did OML...  even at his peak it was never this bad.

Come on D3,  you know what to do. (10% right?)

Comments

• Over__Flow
    Over__Flow Posts: 59
    edited October 2017
    Come to 5* land where you will see her only during boosted week. 
    I think during a normal month I see her in 1% of my games.
    Thanos on the other hand is in 90% of my games(gambit may soon be worse)
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Carol is just so easy to beat that I intentionally target teams with her in PvP. And I am talking about all 4* line-up (and up). If you don't have that than you are trying to punch over your weight category.

I don't see a single reason for the nerf (that is actually true for any 4 star in the game). As Over_Flow said - go to 5* land when you can and forget about Carol, start worrying about Phantos. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Magic said:

I don't see a single reason for the nerf (that is actually true for any 4 star in the game). As Over_Flow said - go to 5* land when you can and forget about Carol, start worrying about Phantos. 
    I dunno, I've eaten every Panthos team alive the last few PVPs with my Carol.

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    also carol is fair, she is one of the few characters that make you think about what your matching and punishes you instantly for a mistake.

Medusa on the other hand mehh...

But carol is just going to be useful no matter what land you are in, 1-5. Of course she can be burned down quickly in star land but still, some useful. More so than most other 4's
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I was an idiot for a day and I kept using the same team against the most common lineup in PVP right now and getting eaten for lunch. This morning I finally got smart and made some serious progress against that Blade/Punisher/Carol team. The only one that's a 50/50 now on whether I'll beat them is the Blade/Punisher/Medusa.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I don't mind fighting Carol most of the time.  I like to make sure both teams have the strongest color and avoid that color at all costs.  Sure an unlucky cascade can hurt, but it usually works well.  

The thing I don't like is how difficult it can be to figure out what the opponents strongest color will be before starting the fight.  I know the common teams, but sometimes you see 3 4's around the same level, and it's not clear which color it will be.  Is there an easy way to see that I don't know about?
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Marsha Marsha Marsha.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    People use her when they don't have enough of the boosted 4*'s of the week.  When I do have them (most of the time) I target a Carol team since it is so easy to beat.  There was a time where if you didn't have the boosted 4*'s you pulled out HulkBuster, the OML, etc.  This is just like the Model 40 discussion.  They are quick climbers and can snipe a stronger team but are weak on defense and make for high point value easy matches.  We have been seeing a lot of her lately since she is boosted two weeks in a row.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    People use her when they don't have enough of the boosted 4*'s of the week.  When I do have them (most of the time) I target a Carol team since it is so easy to beat.  There was a time where if you didn't have the boosted 4*'s you pulled out HulkBuster, the OML, etc.  This is just like the Model 40 discussion.  They are quick climbers and can snipe a stronger team but are weak on defense and make for high point value easy matches.  We have been seeing a lot of her lately since she is boosted two weeks in a row.
    I think you are correct....  2 weeks of boosted Carol has her everywhere....  everywhere.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Pants1000 said:
    The thing I don't like is how difficult it can be to figure out what the opponents strongest color will be before starting the fight.  I know the common teams, but sometimes you see 3 4's around the same level, and it's not clear which color it will be.  Is there an easy way to see that I don't know about?

The screen right before you enter the fight (where you select boosts) you can click on enemy toons. Whichever toon has the highest match damage--that is their strongest color. If there is/are ties, it goes center/left/right as a tiebreaker.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Carol has been very easy to beat with Medusa and strike tile makers like Rocket and Groot and 4Blade. Few characters can withstand the constant assault.  
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Magic said:

I would appreciate a tip how. I just can't counter Panther passive to avoid loosing health packs. He is probably the only one I avoid in PvP (not an easy task).
  • Over__Flow
    Over__Flow Posts: 59
    edited October 2017
    Use aoe or attacks below his threshold(peter parker green) or stun him then burst him
    Magic said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Magic said:

I would appreciate a tip how. I just can't counter Panther passive to avoid loosing health packs. He is probably the only one I avoid in PvP (not an easy task).
    Edit: damn quote from phone went bad...
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    rdvargas1 said:
    Carol has been very easy to beat with Medusa and strike tile makers like Rocket and Groot and 4Blade. Few characters can withstand the constant assault.  
    Forgot about this side of the equation as well.  In shield simulator the meta has shifted aware from Carol teams to mostly R&G, Gamora and Medusa.  How many months until there is constant complaining about this team?  Probably just as the meta shifts to another.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Pants1000 said:
    I don't mind fighting Carol most of the time.  I like to make sure both teams have the strongest color and avoid that color at all costs.  Sure an unlucky cascade can hurt, but it usually works well.  

This is where I was. Unfortunately, in every single match I was getting an unlucky cascade. Or 2. and this morning a 3rd one took me out. I switched my team and it stopped happening.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Magic said:

Make them match black, use Blade green, kill Thanos with Carol Black after getting a few tiles out, win.
    Just make sure to kill Panther while he's stunned.