Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol, Carol...

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw lots of Carol even before she was boosted, it is because she really does work well with nearly any team you could want at 4* level.

The real question is can you use her yellow to speed up the baking of the cake (or pie)?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    No extra complaints about defensive Carol being the only one that gets the bonus from hazards ticking down in Danger Room pvp? Because having her boosted for the 11 straight week during this event was really needed with that design choice.
    She's not the only one who benefits.  Defensive team Coulsons will generate random AP when the hazard tiles expire, and Kingpin can use them to fuel his black.

That's not really a problem with those characters though: it's more to do with the hazard tiles being owned by the enemy team rather than being counted as neutral, or as non-countdown tiles.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like how people in this thread keep saying how denying the strongest color is easy. I just had 3 PvP mirror matches in a row where cascades from tiles above the board and on my turn resulted in my team taking damage 3 times, 5 times, and 3 times. I lost that middle one. I'm not saying she needs a nerf, but the boards can be fickle.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I like how people in this thread keep saying how denying the strongest color is easy. I just had 3 PvP mirror matches in a row where cascades from tiles above the board and on my turn resulted in my team taking damage 3 times, 5 times, and 3 times. I lost that middle one. I'm not saying she needs a nerf, but the boards can be fickle.
    An unlucky run of cascades doesn't mean denial isn't a viable strategy. We do it against a variety of enemies and teams. It's a part of the so-called puzzle in this quest we're on. We do it without thinking about it, most of the time. Carol just makes us think about it harder. That doesn't mean she's overpowered. Cascades can derail a victory no matter who you're facing.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    You go Borstock!
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    If her passive wasn't AOE damage it'd be much more manageable.
    At times, she kinda feels like facing the Kinshu ninja goons with their Caltrops (the most hated goon power in the game).
    You can't really prevent when cascades happen, and if the tiles fall the wrong way, you take huge team damage through no fault of your own.

I skip her for the same reason I skip Red Hulk = I can win most times, but I take way too much damage doing it.
    But when she's boosted, it's pretty hard to avoid her.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    4* Captain Marvel is top tier.  Of course she's going to be popping up everywhere.

I use her even without boosting.
  • Dormammu
    Borstock said:
    ...the damage that she can do without even firing the power is comparable to the AoE a lot of characters do when firing a power they had to actually earn.
    Denial is still the perfect counter. Use a team that doesn't have the same strongest color and she can't do that to you. Take her out first and you don't have to worry about it.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    FWIW, how I deal with Carol on the other team.

Stun/Airborne: Nova, Ice, Gamora, riri
    Tile stealer/remover: Medusa, c&d, Jean
    Fast damage: 4RnG, AV, 4Blade, kate, Medusa

Hey, none of those has black as a strongest color even.

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    OML? I promoted him today - my first promoted 5*s... guess what... yeah, beaten by Carol...
    She is OP b**ch... hate her so much. Now in pvp she is everywhere, op as hell since there are some countdown tiles that destroy rows/colums- only enemy has it, dunno what it suppose to mean...

Anyway, some 4*s are painfuly broken. F.e. powered 4* Gamora and Groot - used them in PvE with 3* Thanos.
    Matches deal 8k damage, instantly killing most foes. Thanos passive with same AoE damage follows, killing the rest...
    On the other side Sandman (aka useless waste of ISO)... game PvP is becoming more and more annoying due to same broken combos (and/or winfinities) again and again...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Borstock said:
    ...the damage that she can do without even firing the power is comparable to the AoE a lot of characters do when firing a power they had to actually earn.
    Denial is still the perfect counter. Use a team that doesn't have the same strongest color and she can't do that to you. Take her out first and you don't have to worry about it.
    I am aware, but one strategy people keep trumpeting is the one where you game plan for them killing themselves. And if you don't, it is tough still because your big weapon is often a color you can't collect without giving them free AP.

There are strategies to defeat her, but that's not the point. 
  • Dormammu
    PvP is where the big kids play. It's where you have to fight a player's elite team, the best of their best. There is a top tier of characters and there always will be; right now Carol is at the top of the 4-star top tier - especially when boosted. You're going to see her. A lot of her. If that scares anyone, flip over to STORY mode and walk all over the Dark Avengers or some goons for a while, they'll offer you little resistance.

Last week they were calling for Grocket's head. This week it's Carol. The week before that it was Blade. It's never going to end. It's PvP - where the strongest opposition is found. It's going to sting a little from time to time. If you get scraped, slap a health pack on it, get back in there, and give 'em tinykitty.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I love using C4rol, she's my favorite 4*. It's annoying facing the same teams over and over, and I lose to C4rol teams sometimes, but I never want her nerfed.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    There's a huge divide with the tile boosting, adding 500 to 3 special tiles at 270.  The only two I can think of in the 4* tier, Falcap and Wasp, boost smaller amounts for a lesser amount of tiles, and have less opportunities per turn to activate. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    There's a huge divide with the tile boosting, adding 500 to 3 special tiles at 270.  The only two I can think of in the 4* tier, Falcap and Wasp, boost smaller amounts for a lesser amount of tiles, and have less opportunities per turn to activate. 
    Don't forget Chuck. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Mirror matches in Danger Room are so easy to win as long as the strong color is black. Just let the enemy match black and enjoy the AoE while getting the same 3AP of black. 

of course for those who don't have Carol high enough that's not great, but then again, you can skip this kind of teams if you're not at the top, and you cannot possibly expect to battle at the top without a champed Carol, Medusa, Blade or other meta picks. Sorry, but that's how things go. (I have them, and I don't battle at the top, just the needed progression reward). 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    To be fair wasp can flip and buff a full board of protects and strikes if they are there compared to carols 3 which includes attacks. Wasp also buffs almost as strongly as Carol. Wasp has the potential to add way more damage or protection to your team in one turn.

And my 286 carol only boosts 3 tiles for 463. I would love to have yours that does 500 at lvl 270.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    tiomono said:
    To be fair wasp can flip and buff a full board of protects and strikes if they are there compared to carols 3 which includes attacks. Wasp also buffs almost as strongly as Carol. Wasp has the potential to add way more damage or protection to your team in one turn.

And my 286 carol only boosts 3 tiles for 463. I would love to have yours that does 500 at lvl 270.
    By Jove,  you're on to something!

I couldn't figure out why Wasp is on every team lately!  It must be because she is equivalent to Carol!!! (Said nobody ever...)

If you'll excuse me,  I'm off to make a new thread... look for it...  it will be titled "Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp...."
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheBaku said:
    tiomono said:

By Jove,  you're on to something!

I couldn't figure out why Wasp is on every team lately!  It must be because she is equivalent to Carol!!! (Said nobody ever...)

If you'll excuse me,  I'm off to make a new thread... look for it...  it will be titled "Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp, Wasp...."
    Wasp wasn't buffed for 2 weeks straight. He was exaggerating carols strength. If you are going to toss out numbers for things in relation to them being op, at least have the right numbers.