MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby thanks but this is terrible.  Another new release with a pve and pvp ending 1 hour apart again. Can this please be stopped 
    oh no, people cant merc and move themselves around easily......

good... 
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Gotta say @Brigby the fact that you need 10 covers of a character that is just joining packs today in order to get a Nightcrawler cover is.... well it feels bad. Means since I didn't spend like $500+ on Rogue I don't get Nightcrawler. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You get Nightcrawler the same way you did every other hero before him. It's a bonus for the people who whaled him, it doesn't in any way make it harder than it ever was for you to roster him. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @stewbacca it's the fact that not all players can play pve on the weekends, which is when the new releases are.  Therefore it hurts the ally with these events so close together. I just want to take can of our ally the best we can and this just makes it harder. 
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby just wondering if the details for the next versus and story events will be posted today or will we be able to read about them next week in 

MPQ Review: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/23/17)

• razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Brigby
    3* and 4* placement from Category-5 - Storm (Mohawk) is incorrect. It's not Nick Fury and Dr. Doom, it's Nightcrawler and Captain Marvel.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ooga booga where the update at
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slow with the updates this week event finishes tomorrow 
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thick as Thieves preview already up. Yondu for placement. Black Bolt is the 5* essential 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mkmagius said:
    Thick as Thieves preview already up. Yondu for placement. Black Bolt is the 5* essential 
    One of the 5*s I don't have rostered. It was bound to happen sooner or later, just wish it wasn't for Yondu. Really could have used placement covers for him. 

Maybe I'll check out CL9, since there's no way I'll get T10/5 in 7 or 8.

Also, this should mean Yondu will qualify to have his Crash. Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for Vulture's chances though. 
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't have DocOc or Daredevil. I play cl9 after a flip and have been able to get the 4* from placement even when they were required 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    mkmagius said:
    I don't have DocOc or Daredevil. I play cl9 after a flip and have been able to get the 4* from placement even when they were required 
    Yeah, I was planning on waiting for at least one if not two flips. I'm also planning on cracking my hoard as soon as Gambit enters tokens, and Bolt is my lone 5* BH, so I might get lucky and be able to do some of the 5* nodes before the event ends. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    mkmagius said:
    One of the 5*s I don't have rostered. It was bound to happen sooner or later, just wish it wasn't for Yondu. Really could have used placement covers for him. 

Also, this should mean Yondu will qualify to have his Crash. Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for Vulture's chances though. 
    Don't know if you will manage to get t10 without tje req 5*. My best performance in cl9 was #29 and the 5* missions made the difference. Without the 5* I would have ended a lot lower
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    mkmagius said:

Don't know if you will manage to get t10 without tje req 5*. My best performance in cl9 was #29 and the 5* missions made the difference. Without the 5* I would have ended a lot lower
     That's what I'm saying. Without the 5*, I have no shot at decent placement in CL7, 8, or 9, so I might as well check out 9. Slightly better progression, at least. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Huh? Nightcrawler PvP starts at the same time as his featured PvE?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options

For me it's pretty much irrelevant as I never have enough covers to not use the loaner reqardless if it's 3 days later.

But it's a definite change.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starfury said:
    Huh? Nightcrawler PvP starts at the same time as his featured PvE?
    No lag time between events is unusual.  Shield Training is running, barely, through the PVP.  We don’t want to have extra time to earn covers, nope.

Translation: “We need money.” (?)
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby update the thread please!
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby this is looking a little stale - Cat 5 finished we are already well into BAMF dancing and TAT - we are going to need to rename this thread "Don't look back in Anger" soon and you guys couldn't afford the Oasis royalties for that!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Brigby

5* Thor is viable in game from the roster UI screen.  Is this an oopsie?  Typically new characters aren't in here until their available aka their release event, which for 5* Thor is as of yet unannounced.

Also this makes the recent release 5*, 4*, 5* when they are typically 5*, 4*, 4*.  Is this a change to release frequency or is Thor just being rushed up due to the movie release?