Are people really ok with the required 5* node in SCL7 and SCL8?

1235»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    tiomono said:
    I am not OK with required 5* with no way to earn the required hero. It also shouldn't be required at SL7 and 8 as those are for people building their 4* roster not their 5*.
    No way to earn them is a gross exaggeration. I have all the 5* characters. You get them with cp and latest legend tokens that you earn.
    The only way to get them is to get lucky with the RNG though. The other essential characters were rewarded as placement rewards in the previous event and as progression rewards in the current event, so even if you aren't lucky you can still get them.
    And the only way to get lucky with rng is to stop hoarding resources and actually use them. Hoarding seems like this weird cycle where people complain they don't make progress while they are sitting on 6 months worth of progress.

If you thought starlord and doc ock were useless 5's so you hoard and hope future characters are better, don't complain when you don't have starlord or doc ock.

The rng is not as viscious as people make it out to be. Yes you can have rough patches or dry spells but that usually means some other part of your roster is getting good. Maybe just not the part you really want. That's where bonus heros help.

I do agree that 5's need better or more clear paths to getting them, but claiming there is no way to earn them is a lie.

I have all the 5's but I guess I didn't earn them. They just magically appeared in my inventory somehow.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    After a certain amount of time,  its not unreasonable to expect even 3* rosters to have the required 5* char.

The flip side of these absurd arguments is that 3 and 4* players have had ample time and opportunity to pull 1 5* cover to be viable for the 5* essential node in scl7.  The scaling for that scl7 node is right around the 4* level and is totally appropriate for 4* rosters to play.

If people are pissed because the first 5* essentials were PP and Doc OCk, then I don't blame them.  But complaining about the 5* node in scl 7 is really just crocodile tears from players who are trying to short cut the progression.over other 4* rosters.

Many 4* rosters have worked long and hard to grow their rosters and many of them have 3 and 4  cover 5*.  Why are you trying to handicap and block those scl7 appropriate rosters for reaping the benefits of their 3 and 4 cover 5*?

Its probably even true that some 5* champion rosters are slumming it in 7,  they could just as easily slum it in 6.  But for every 1 elite 5* champion roster in scl7.  There are 20 4* rosters with 3 and 4 cover 5* chars who now have a great opportunity to compete for very good placements over soft cappers who took advantage of Scaling bugs.

Instead of whitewashing the meta to fit your particular roster and sense of entitlement, why not consider how to help those 3*/4* players grow their roster so that they can fully transition into the next tier.

if makes you happy,  why not just say only 5* with under 6 covers can play in scl7?

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    It is fine it does not have a major effect in placement I have dropped 10-15 places in rankings which will stink if I miss on a big reward but since they upped the top 200 to receiving the 4 star reward no change their either.  It is a fun node, hard but any extra iso is helpful.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Now folks without a high covered, high leveled 5 will be locked out of top placement - this is working as intended and will not change.
    That was the whole point of introducing that node.
    False. I took second behind a tapper in first event with a 7 cover level 255 SL. Then took 4th with a one cover level 255 Spidey in second event. Just finished sub 1 as third with a single cover level 255 Ock. All in Scl9. You really don't need that required 5 to be leveled at all. 
    It however would definitely help if they finally stopped requiring the most skipped characters and I can try this with a champed 5.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

Now folks without a high covered, high leveled 5 will be locked out of top placement - this is working as intended and will not change.
    False. I took second behind a tapper in first event with a 7 cover level 255 SL. Then took 4th with a one cover level 255 Spidey in second event. Just finished sub 1 as third with a single cover level 255 Ock. All in Scl9. You really don't need that required 5 to be leveled at all. 
    It however would definitely help if they finally stopped requiring the most skipped characters and I can try this with a champed 5.
    Just stay out of my bracket when you have the 5* champed, kay :P

Hoodlum and Llohm are bad enough.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    edited September 2017

Thank you
  • Daiches
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

I just saw the 5star essential node in sub 3 Of HOD. 515 Bolt/Medusa/Lockjaw. Seriously? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

I just saw the 5star essential node in sub 3 Of HOD. 515 Bolt/Medusa/Lockjaw. Seriously? 
    Oh my, At least it is different from Konran and Muscle(s)...
  • Bowgentle
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

Could be worse.
    I kinda expected a wave node.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am so glad I dropped to CL7 after seeing that sub 3 5* node. What a thing of evil that'll be in CL9. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

I was wondering how people were handling that in CL9. It ended up being not quite as bad as I was expecting in CL7, but my initial reaction was still, "Oh dang."

What kind of health pools are they ending up at for 515?
  • Bowgentle
    DarthDeVo said:
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

I was wondering how people were handling that in CL9. It ended up being not quite as bad as I was expecting in CL7, but my initial reaction was still, "Oh dang."

What kind of health polls are they ending up at for 515?
    80k Bolt, 87k Medusa, 103k Lockjaw.

Fun node. If we didn't need to clear it 7 times.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

Really? I figured they all would be over 100K.
  • Daiches
    DarthDeVo said:
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:

Really? I figured they all would be over 100K.
    Bolt's low health is part of his balancing, and Medusa
    is a healer. Those also get lower health.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    To the OP's question.  I'm overall not happy about it. The one positive is as a late-entry bracket-sniper who tends to play for placement, I can usually get more progression rewards thanks to the added points the extra node gives. 

However, I hate the extra grind time, the added difficulty, the heath pack suck, and even though I have every 5 sans Daredevil rostered (though all are useless), I especially hate that placement is tied to getting toons that rely so heavily on luck.

Oh yeah, to those comparing not having the required 5* to not having a required 3 or 4, just stop. There are so many more ways to earn those covers including as progression rewards in the event itself. There is nothing like that for 5s.

On the topic of the death node in sub three, any suggestions for a good CL8 team?  No useable 5s, and no useable Mockingbird, but I believe I have all the other boosted 4s. Carol/C&D? Rulk/Switch?  What are people using?
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    My main complaint is that people in CL 6 and below get less points per sub compared to the people that play CL 7–9....this hurts your alliance rank by 10's of thousands of points per player in the lower CL lvl. They should redo / lower the points per node in the upper CL to not penalize alliance with members in the CL 6 and blow. Most people in the CL 6 seem to not have the 5* essential character.

Darknes21