What would D3 need to provide you in order to start saying nice things about the game again?

Options

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    madwren said:
    Cthulhu said:
    Thank you all, this is all very positive and great to hear!!

We have a very, very strong place in our hearts for this title and will do all we can to make it the best it can be

Please make sure that "all [you] can" includes getting rid of the ridiculous "kill 3 or more enemy creatures" objective. Thanks!

I'd much rather more objectives be added and some of them randomised each event (especially changed between colours) than have _any_ removed.
    Yes some end up being potentially impossible based on what the other person plays, but that is true anyway, this is just a more _obvious_ case of what is always true.

There should be no such thing as an automatically failable objective. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Time isn't just about how long it takes, it's how to fit it in with life.

We have work/school, sleep, family, housework, friends, other games (Yes, it is not wise to think people will play this and only this).

This is something that can fit in anywhere in small doses and it should make the most of that.

You need a range of events that people can fit in when _they_ can fit it in. I'd approve of longer recharge times and longer event times in general but the current ones can work if they don't overload things.

1 coalition event that you feel obligated to play in
    1 personal event you have more leeway with
    a three day event you can fit in whenever you have spare time
    story/challenges/puzzles that you can do whenever you feel like

Having a little bit of time sensitive stuff is ok, but _most_ needs to be things people can fit in when they feel like it.
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    D3 absolutely needs to go bancrupt and pass the license on to a proper company. They cannot be trusted.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    People tend  to forget its not just 30 mins every 4 hours, its also +1 full hour every time you sleep 8 hours. Its not unusual for me to clear the first day fairly OK, squeezing it in here and there (hurray for laundry days! ), but then be unable to ever truly recover after a night of sleep.

But, let's say 20 minutes per round. That is still almost 2 hours every single day for rotgp (24/4*20=120 minutes)

If you take 30 mins each clear, we are looking at 180 minutes of play, aka 3 full hours, every single day of your weekend.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thuran said:
    People tend  to forget its not just 30 mins every 4 hours, its also +1 full hour every time you sleep 8 hours. Its not unusual for me to clear the first day fairly OK, squeezing it in here and there (hurray for laundry days! ), but then be unable to ever truly recover after a night of sleep.

But, let's say 20 minutes per round. That is still almost 2 hours every single day for rotgp (24/4*20=120 minutes)

If you take 30 mins each clear, we are looking at 180 minutes of play, aka 3 full hours, every single day of your weekend.

While this is a significant amount of play time, Platinum players should be playing somewhere around the same amount of time on weekdays too. The tally on Thursday or Friday would amount to:
    Hour of Revelation: 4 rounds x 4 matches x 5 minutes = 80 minutes (3 starting charges + 5 over 2 days = average 4 per day)
    Trial of the Planes: 8 matches x 5 minutes = 40 minutes
    Total: 120 minutes (2 hours)

Mondays to Wednesdays have the non-coalition PvP and the non-coalition PvE as the equivalent.
    There's Training Grounds everyday too but that's consistent across weekdays and weekends.

I think this gives us an idea of how much time the people in charge want players to be spending on the app each day.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

I think this gives us an idea of how much time the people in charge want players to be spending on the app each day.

Trial of the Planes?  Skip.

Legacy events? 98% Skip (unless I literally have nothing to do)

Training grounds?  Play once in a while (say 65% skip)

Weekly Legacy PvE?  Cleared over 4 days

Weekend Coalition PvE?  Basic progression then skip the rest

Coalition PvP?  Play for perfect score (if a match is botched, knocking me out of top 50, go for progression only)

This is what happens when the people in charge want you to spend too much time in the app!

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steeme said:

Coalition PvP?  Play for perfect score (if a match is botched, knocking me out of top 50, go for progression only)

This is what happens when the people in charge want you to spend too much time in the app!

I think that's just what happens when a casual player plays a game casually. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Steeme said:

it's what happens when people have an actual life (with work and a spouse and weird things like bathing)
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:

it's what happens when people have an actual life (with work and a spouse and weird things like bathing)
    Shame on you for WASTING time BATHING :p
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shower you monsters. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Steeme said:

I have two small children, I don't have time for bathing. 

• Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is amusing when I recall that at the beginning of the year there was much discussion about the time spent grinding out the old Quick Battle format. Before QB was devalued (first by hacks, then by D3), I would dedicate 10-16 hours over a weekend QB to chase those top prizes. I had a fast Kiora deck and spent a lot of time tweaking it to shave a few seconds off my average QB time. Ah, those were the days! 
  • Kinesia
    Options
    madwren said:
    Ohboy said:
    Steeme said:

I have two small children, I don't have time for bathing. 

Aye, if we're lucky we just all run under the sprinkler, that's the best we can do.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Call yourselves gamers? What's wrong with baby wipes?
  • shteev
    Options
    Fiddler said:
    This is amusing when I recall that at the beginning of the year there was much discussion about the time spent grinding out the old Quick Battle format. Before QB was devalued (first by hacks, then by D3), I would dedicate 10-16 hours over a weekend QB to chase those top prizes. I had a fast Kiora deck and spent a lot of time tweaking it to shave a few seconds off my average QB time. Ah, those were the days! 
    This is an interesting point. There certainly seemed to be less complaints about time investment back then. Has the increased time management foisted (yes, foisted!) on the players decreased player engagement?

Or mm I just misremembering [citation, as ever, needed]? Or perhaps it's just a lack of upkeep on the intergrity of the game that causes unrest? Or, as time goes by, have we all just discovered how much fun complaining about the game is even though there's literally nothing wrong with it?

• Kinesia
    Options
    madwren said:
    Kinesia said:
    madwren said:
    Cthulhu said:
    Thank you all, this is all very positive and great to hear!!

We have a very, very strong place in our hearts for this title and will do all we can to make it the best it can be

Please make sure that "all [you] can" includes getting rid of the ridiculous "kill 3 or more enemy creatures" objective. Thanks!

I'd much rather more objectives be added and some of them randomised each event (especially changed between colours) than have _any_ removed.
    Yes some end up being potentially impossible based on what the other person plays, but that is true anyway, this is just a more _obvious_ case of what is always true.

There should be no such thing as an automatically failable objective. 

D3 absolutely needs to go bancrupt and pass the license on to a proper company. They cannot be trusted.

If D3 go bankrupt the game is done. Puzzle Quest is theirs. Wizards can't just move the Magic part to someone else. D3go are the only chance we have. We have to work with them and them with us and make it work.
    This is the closest a game is to what I want, we can't start again, we can't try something else, fixing this is the only hope.

With the objectives...What's wrong with some being failable? It never ever depends just on your deck but on the opponents, like I said this is just an extreme example. There should always be a chance on Bosses but in PVP things aren't crafted there is no way to vet opponent decks. Make more failable objectives instead of getting rid of the ones we have so people aren't so precious about things.
    Stop wanting perfect scores and give your ego a rest. Let yourself lose things and still have fun.
    If you can't lose things but still have fun then you are the failure not the game.
  • shteev
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    joerginger said:

If D3 go bankrupt the game is done. Puzzle Quest is theirs. Wizards can't just move the Magic part to someone else. D3go are the only chance we have. We have to work with them and them with us and make it work.
    They don't own match 3 games. As I understand it, you can't copyright game mechanics.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Or WotC could just buy the rights from D3 and do it themselves.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    Yes, but a new match 3 game would need to be different enough from this one to differentiate it. It's not really a viable option, it would certainly take years at least.
    Fixing the current situation can be done far far faster than starting again (which doesn't have a guarantee of success anyway.)
    D3Go have _reasons_ to fix things, yes they are screwing up severely in communication and they need to get their stuff together majorly, but they _are_ going to do so because they have a lot of licenses but this one is potentially the biggest long term. If they fix things _especially_ the community communication then this will be the biggest part of their business and still exist in 20 years time. (Though we won't be playing on phones then)

Magic isn't going to die. Adventure Time will. Marvel won't but that game doesn't have the long term depth this does.
    This is their best chance for the future and ours.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Adventure Time already died, apparently. Hoping not to see a similar post about this game:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65140/update-adventure-time-puzzle-quest-removal-of-online-support-6-1-17