What would D3 need to provide you in order to start saying nice things about the game again?

Options
Sarahschmara
Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
edited September 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
A comment on another thread got me thinking... what would turn me back into an active spokesperson for the game?

Meaningful rewards; the purple jewels are not rewarding to me. I'm not at all excited about them or the masterpiece packs. 

Respect for my time; being rewarded for logging in is one thing, being punished for failing to log in is another. 

Better communication; the lack of real communication is so frustrating. I hate that updates to "official policies" are hidden in replies to comment threads rather than easily found in their own thread. 

Comments

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hope that thing will improve.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A refund for my two elite packs. One pack gave me the exact same card 6 times in a row and the other pack they wouldn't replace because I already reached my "limit" with the previous pack. Until then, I have nothing nice to say.
  • Sarahschmara
    Options
    It's stories like yours @Corn Noodles that make me not-at-all excited about those elite packs. 
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd post what support sent me, but I suspect I'll get banned for violating some silly rule.
  • Sarahschmara
    Options
    Nah. I believe you... and I think you posted it in Phoenix Family slack. I remember being shocked that even @Brigby was unable to help you get a good resolution. Makes those purple jewels about as exciting as mud after reading what you and others have gone through. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Card balance; AI; RSIcling; bugs; customer support; drop rates.

I think that's the bare minimum that would need to vastly improve if I was going to get one of my friends into this game and still have them respect my opinion at the end of a month or two.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A way to target specific cards, dupe free elite packs, rewards that feel rewarding and open ad transparant communication without double speak
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The ability to chose in support destruction
    A longer QA process
    Addressing game locking errors
    More event overlays (something like supercharge for loyalty would be unspeakably fun)
    A semi open Beta before major updates for about a week, to address the inevitable card issues
    New set events, something to net players a decent amount of cards from the new set based on performance (see my sealed deck poll)

• Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bring back quick battle 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh hey, another thought, link a recovery option to the forums.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The lack of communication is the biggest thing. Everything else can be dealt with over time but only _after_ the communication is fixed. We need to know our feedback is listened too and respected.

This is _not_ a game owned completely by them in a vacuum. There is history and expectations. They have the potential of a long term relationship with Wizards but they need to treat us far closer to how Wizards treat people. They should be holding up the Wizards brand in _support_ as well as in game.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1. Better communication

Honestly, that is about it.  If they told us what was going on and explained their rationale, I could support almost any move.  Nothing worse than being totally ignored.

• Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Make it where we can target individual cards to purchase with purple gems. (Instead of those darn elite packs.)

I have been spending many, many crystals to try to get Inferno Jet in packs and it's driving me sane. I want one card, not even a Mythic or Masterpiece, and it eludes me in every pack. It seems like every time I pull a rare/mythic/masterpiece, it's a duplicate and I don't have that many from HoR. I only have one Masterpiece, and I've pulled 3... how does that work? (Happy to say that it's Slaughter Pact, though:) )

Giving the players a way to use these purple gems to target cards would give a secondary market feel to the game and allow players to gain what cards they want at a cost. I would gladly pay 240 purple crystals for a rare that has eluded me. Just double the price of elite packs for the rarity, maybe triple it for masterpieces. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:

1. Better communication

Honestly, that is about it.  If they told us what was going on and explained their rationale, I could support almost any move.  Nothing worse than being totally ignored.

If the game wasn't constantly dogged by delays, and bugs, and traps for the unwary, and poor design, would we even need better communication? I went years without feeling the need for a constant back and forth between myself, the community, and paper MTG.
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    While the game does have issues I am still a supporter of it. 

I know fixes and updates take time. Changing of the guard takes time as well.

Do I want information on the future of MTGPQ? Yes I do. However, I know that I cannot speed up the process by griping about it. Therefore I patiently await updates and information. They will come I am sure of it. In the meantime I'll play and pay when I can and enjoy it.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "We understand you have questions about bug fixes, missing content, and the new developers.  We're not going to answer any of those questions. Thank you for your patience. "
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Like norjee said (though, I didn't read the whole thing), more accessible to casual play. I don't have the time nor the inclination to spend hours rebuilding decks for different events, playing through charges and then have to come back some hours later to do it again. I don't know if something like making reward placement rank based on your personal win% would work better, but it'd certainly be a lot more conducive to casual players. Maybe on week A I only have time 1 or 2 charges per node for event X, while week B I have time for 8 charges per node (unrealistic but whatevs). This game just requires so much time when you have 3-5 nodes at 5-7(8?) charges each + refills when a single match can easily take 10 min if your hand/deck/gems don't fully cooperate.

Another issue I have is some of the objectives in events. Some that stand out in my head atm are the "take <15 damage" which is pretty **** to begin with on a high level PW when you aren't cheesing the matchup, but then it's also put on enraged nodes.... and you have to face a Chandra1, have fun. I also dislike the 5 vehicles in FiRF, it just feels a little high (also an enraged match). And freaking Bolas in RotGP, easy with obnix, but obnoxiously tedious cycling forever.

And the 1 free card/2 hours was just a big middle finger.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    babar3355 said:

1. Better communication

If the game wasn't constantly dogged by delays, and bugs, and traps for the unwary, and poor design, would we even need better communication? I went years without feeling the need for a constant back and forth between myself, the community, and paper MTG.

Perception bias. The communication was still happening and you were still a beneficary, it's just you weren't immediately involved.
    Paper Magic had fairly good communication from early on, it not only listened to players but it explained back why it was doing things, it released rarity information, it even discussed the reasons behind design decisions and admitted to past mistakes. If the devs here had actually read the entire backlog of design articles describing the intent behind things a lot and the reasons for certain things then a lot of the problems we have wouldn't exist. They have adapted the _surface_ level of paper magic, but not the depth, not the full understanding that is actually out there for everyone to read.
    So some of our frustration is that, because of the communication from Wizards, we actually know MORE about what this game is really meant to be and why than it seems the Devs do. They are behind.