• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    40 wins for a guaranteed 4*?
    yes, please. thx. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like I'll be playing a lot less pvp if they don't adjust the numbers for the win totals. I don't have time to slog through 40 matches for a 4* in addition to playing pve, which gives better rewards. 

Took maybe 2 hours to climb from 0 to 900 in the past, maybe a bit longer if I don't have 2 boosted 4*s. 40 wins will take a lot longer than that. 
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    67wins will get you...20hp?! Hardly seems worth the time. My excitement for the return of win based prog rewards just went from a noine to a two.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ehm, @Brigby

Can you shed some light on why season is showing an end time that ends before BFF ends in S3-4-5?
    Is it a global display error? Or should we be filing bug reports?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 fights in and once again, everything I see is at least twin 5* champs.
    I've gone low in the hopes of top 10 placement, and had been thinking about playing for 40 wins in the second event. If this event remains as turgid, I'll more likely join late and put together a score for the alliance to aim for top 100.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After breaking a shield in an attempt to knock out the last 45 points to get the Lockjaw cover at 900, and being hit for 175 points during one match, bring on the win-based progression...
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    By joining at the beginning instead if the end you can catch up to 10 seed teams. That cuts the number of real fights for max progression per event to 30. 10 a day, whenever you feel like it. No rush, pressure, or shielding.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Feels like they are testing our patience and staying power
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    By joining at the beginning instead if the end you can catch up to 10 seed teams. That cuts the number of real fights for max progression per event to 30. 10 a day, whenever you feel like it. No rush, pressure, or shielding.
    For a 4*.  Woohoo. . .

But at a certain point you will really only care about cp for 5*s.  And cp is now locked at 2% of players no matter what.  That is, imo, the real purpose of this change.  Everything else is just window dressing to make average players feel more competitive.  It's the pve scoring change or baking "fix" all over again.

Edited for bad math!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, T10 out of 500 is 2% not (point)2%.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Ok Im not sure what game you are playing but in my version, if I get 3 seed teams Im lucky. Most of the time I dont get any.

Great, another downside to having developped rosters I bet.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid change........ 

@granne said it best, this makes Versus a chore..... No strategy, just more mindless grinding.... 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Kahmon said:
    Ok Im not sure what game you are playing but in my version, if I get 3 seed teams Im lucky. Most of the time I dont get any.

Great, another downside to having developped rosters I bet.
    I joined 6 hours into s1, since it started while I was sleeping. I didn't get any seeds, 40 wins against mostly champ 5* teams. Oh boy?
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    2 fights in and once again, everything I see is at least twin 5* champs.
    I've gone low in the hopes of top 10 placement, and had been thinking about playing for 40 wins in the second event. If this event remains as turgid, I'll more likely join late and put together a score for the alliance to aim for top 100.

I'm having the opposite experience. Three hours in and I already have 20 wins for less than 30 minutes total play, so that 10-pack should be easy pickins (if they don't change it to two Heroics tomorrow). Haven't seen any 5* champs and haven't fought any 4* champs. I'm seeing far more low-level teams than I normally do, but that's likely because I've altered my playstyle.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So D3 here is what I did.  I got into the event right away and used moonstone 2* Daken, and Juggs.  Now I am waiting on 2-3* players to hit me so I can retailiate against them.  I will give it a couple of hours beat them to a pulp and leave out a 3* team.  This will let the 4* players hit me.  Then I will bring out my 5* to finish my climb.  My question is why do you want me to play this way?  Why is this is the play style you are encouraging from 5* players?  Because of MMR 5* players cannot see the team that I used and I also dropped down in CL so I can get the 15 CP in placement compared to someone who should be in that CL.  You say you don't like late climbers but this is the play style you are encouraging? I don't get you D3
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I cannot tell you how happy I am that this is back!  And I hope it stays forever!  I stay away from pvp because I hate loosing 100+ points overnight when Im not even playing.  I usually play until I get the heroic 10-pack and call it a season.  This way is much better
  • Angjo
    Angjo Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My pvp alliance mates and I are deliberately losing to each other to dump points, so that at some point our climb for placement and 40 wins coincides.

At the risk of repeating everything that was said last time this was tested... you have created a game mechanic which encourages people to race to the bottom - the new meta how many wins can you get whilst gaining the fewest points - just why?

• wswordsmen
    wswordsmen Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    To everyone who is playing down to get T10 and CP: I want to point out that this brilliant strategy is literally what all the other top players are thinking, while those fish (seals seem to be the term here) that you want to beat on to guarantee your T10 are all playing the highest SCL they can because they couldn't get placement before without some sort of clever trick and now just want the 4* cover.

Congrats on playing yourself,

Game Theory
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So D3 here is what I did. For the first time in months, I joined the event at the start, as opposed to an hour before the end of the event. I hit the starter nodes, and the 5* players with their 2-4* baits. And for the first time in pvp, I couldn't care less that I'm getting constantly steamrolled by high tier 5* whales. The progress I've made are kept for the event, so what if I lose some points? I'm at 29 wins right now, and for the first time I'll be able to achieve the 4* cover. I love being able to play on and off anytime I want during the day. I love that every fight I win feels like I accomplished something, as oppose to being on an endless hamster wheel. 

Thanks for pushing forward with this great change D3!