Teams to defeat Kaecilius with

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Nice to see a helpful topic instead of just complaints.

I actually like the challenge, and I'm fine with the change.  

I used OML, Mr. F and Coulson.  In previous events I used QS, but now that I have Mr.F and Coulson champed I prefer them.  Anyone who can swap 2 specific tiles is awesome in this fight.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try got super lucky with old meat shield team of HB, cho, and rulk.

Second round I used carnage, medusa, and hawkguy.

Healing is key to surviving at this point.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was a long battle, but I finally managed to do the deed with:
    Quicksilver
    Coulson
    4Blade

Coulson and Quicksilver matched away strike tiles, and 4Blade kept healing with green, in addition to being a big meat shield. He also tanked most colors since his level was much higher. By the end Quicksilver was down to 400, Coulson at 2300, and Blade was still staggering around with 17k or so. I went in boosting +2 Black and +2 purple to help things get rolling.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
     Coulson, 3* Hawkeye and Switch. Put 5 on Hawkeye's black for maximum healing and to generate an extra purple and 5 on Switch's green so you can generate more ap if you're running low on purple or black.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    Because Kaecilius is harder than ever was, maybe a thread with winning teams would help. 
    I guess I'm the only one that actually found him easier than before? Maybe I just got lucky or maybe it's because I played in SCL 7, but I used Medusa and Patch and had no problem winning. It took a lot longer than before, but I was never in danger of dying due to Patch's enemy strike tiles (I have him at 5 green), and Medusa's yellow and purple. I meant to choose Hawkguy as my third, but accidentally chose my completely unleveled, 4-cover 5* Hawkeye, who was basically useless (I never fired off any of his powers).
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coulson
    Medusa
    Carnage

All unboosted.

First try. Clearance Level 8.

Make sure Carnage Black is only at 3 as you are using his attacks for healing purposes.

Basically used Coulson Purple to match strikes and Carndusa to heal. Dropped him easily.

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Coulson, KK, and 3* Hulk.

Use Coulson's purple to match strike tiles. Kaecilius' strike tiles will trigger Hulk's Anger, which creates green to help match green strikes and fuels Hulk's green board shake (good for when strike tiles are in hard to match spots). KK was mostly there for healing purposes, so should respec her as 5/5/3. 

This team beat Kaecilius on my first try with KK accidentally left at 3/5/5, and only Hulk had low health remaining.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat him with Phoenix, 4* Iron Fist, and 4* Blade on the first attempt. Took long, but Phoenix can make cascades with her purple to help destroy his strikes, can reduce their strength if you match 5, and she comes back with 55% health when downed (useful as she tanks most colors). I'll see how it goes again after the next sub later today
  • nyjoker
    nyjoker Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    they need to nerf him he is impossible to beat this time around i dont have medusa full power to be able to heal all of my guys and i have beat him this time i have lost about 6 times and its just making me not even want to play this game. i understand being a challenge but damn its like im playing dark souls instead of MPQ. 
  • Mr fantastic to swap and make defense tiles with blue
    Coulson to swap with purple and generate AP with passive
    Hawkeye5 to generate blue AP for to make tons of swap
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    G4mora, Khan, Loki. G4mora is just there because she's the most durable character I have who complements Khan's colours, so Loki doesn't tank anything.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems to be all down to luck.  Yesterday, nailed it on first try.  Today, have crashed and burned four times.  If he gets a good board, it doesn't matter who is on your team.  Worse than Galactus or Ultron, IMHO.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    nyjoker said:
    they need to nerf him he is impossible to beat this time around i dont have medusa full power to be able to heal all of my guys and i have beat him this time i have lost about 6 times and its just making me not even want to play this game. i understand being a challenge but damn its like im playing dark souls instead of MPQ. 
    Several people posted teams in here that have beat him without Medusa.  So I wouldn't say he's impossible by any stretch.

I like that he's not part of my timed grind. I enjoy it when we have difficult matches where speed is not an issue because I can think and use fun teams instead of just the fastest team. I had a similar experience using Coulson, Switch and 3Hawk against Galactus.  While everyone is complaining I'm sitting here thinking I want more puzzle in my Puzzle Quest please!
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I used Patch/Kamala/Medusa as suggested by several folks, and while it worked on the second try, I don't think it's a great pairing this week.

KK is boosted and the others are not, so she tanks several colors. You need to collect green and purple and deny black and she tanks all three. Assuming you can get sufficient friendly tiles on the board (Patch green&red, matching Medusa's countdown, and Medusa's purple) it all works out, but KK is going to take a lot of damage in the meantime. 
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I use Patch /Switch/ Medusa.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    SCL 8 with Medusa, Patch, and Elektra. I lost Patch first, then Medusa, but Elektra was able to Shadow Step her way to victory. Her Traps didn't kill Kacy, they just stopped her from dying. The enemy Strike Tiles that Patch and Elektra create do hurt Kacy when matched, but your own Strike tiles do not buff any damage done to him, and if you match two Strike tiles at once it does not double the damage.

IMO 3,500 Iso is a paltry reward for a stupidly hard "Boss" fight. At least 5k-10k Iso + a Strange Sights token would be a more worthwhile reward, given how difficult this match can be. I have Alliance mates with much better rosters than me, and they were still struggling with this fight. I just got lucky. I know I did. I was one more turn away from losing Elektra, I was just bloody lucky that I had an enemy Strike tile to match away on my last turn of the match, and it was my last turn, win or lose.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    mrcheddar said:

The secrecy is almost more irritating than him being harder.  Did they think no one would notice?
    Hanlon's razor would seem to apply, "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity"  ;) 
    Agreed, but you know what they say = Once can be dismissed, multiple times is a pattern/behavior.  Or however that goes.
    So is that a pattern of secrecy or stupidity?

Don't get me wrong, I love how this boss actually puts the "puzzle" in Puzzle Quest.  Just wish they didn't make him significantly harder for most players without warning.

The change was obviously a specific set of tasks the dev team had to do, so they knew they were changing it.  Simply passing a message along to the forum mods to post (since we know they don't dare enter here to post the info themsevles, for a variety of reasons) would have been easier to do than the actual changes.
    Suppose I shouldn't be surprised anymore.  Not mad, just disappointed.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Turn 2 was easier for me. Medusa + Mohawk Storm + underleveled Phoenix. 

I think Storm is better than Carnage since she has a good black (makes you deny black for K), and 2 board shakers. Phoenix also works well since she can reduce strike tiles if 5-match. And if she dies she comes back again.

I also thought her red gives enemy strike tiles, but I see now that she gives attack tiles instead. Is this the original effect ? Or has her ability been changed ? 
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I went with Carnage, Medusa, and 4* Elektra as my tank
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Patch
    Medusa
    KK
    same here- but I made sure Medusa was at 5 yellow for this match