Teams to defeat Kaecilius with

D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
Because Kaecilius is harder than ever was, maybe a thread with winning teams would help. 

I personally lost 5 times against him until finally managed to win with: 3* Star-Lord, 4* Medusa & 4*Invisible Woman. The idea was to make myself invisible and to regenerate my health to survive the fight. Star-Lord was there for board shake and steal the strike tiles. I was hit once with black and my Star-Lord was killed, but thanks to Medusa both her and IW survived, and won just before I was hit again with his black. 

Any other good teams against him ? Post your winning combination here :)

Comments

• Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Elektra4 purple, Quicksliver black, and a very big tank to last long enough.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used OML, Mr. F and Medusa, for their ability to tank and heal, plus Mr. F can switch two blocks and put those enemy strikes in line.

The battle took a long time, and OML's two friends almost died, but we pulled through.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used 4* Iron Fist, 4* Blade, & 4* Medusa and won on the first try in SCL 7.

The idea of this is use medusa's board shake to help get enemy strike tiles or at least turn them into health packs.  IF and Bl4de both generate strike titles for health packs as well.
    If you can't match an enemy strike tile on a turn, match purple, if you can't match purple match red or a friendly strike tile.
    Fight can be a little long, but you shouldn't have much trouble surviving.

• Supravenbull
    Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Haven't beaten him yet but have gotten within 1 match twice. Using combinations of;

Medusa, hawkguy, patch -use patch to create enemy strikes when you have medusas purple charged and there is a healthy grouping of purple on the board to deal chunks of damage, then medusas purple to steal leftovers back. hawkguy black will also create enemy strikes, all 3 have a form of healing
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Haven't beaten him yet but have gotten within 1 match twice. Using combinations of;

Medusa, hawkguy, patch -use patch to create enemy strikes when you have medusas purple charged and there is a healthy grouping of purple on the board to deal chunks of damage, then medusas purple to steal leftovers back. hawkguy black will also create enemy strikes, all 3 have a form of healing
    I'm pretty sure your created strike tiles don't work. I tried Patch as well, but his purple strike tiles didn't seem to have any effect on Kaelicius. Am I wrong ? 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage medusa Mr fantastic. Just win. Fantastic blue makes it easy enough.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    D4Ni13 said:

I'm pretty sure your created strike tiles don't work. I tried Patch as well, but his purple strike tiles didn't seem to have any effect on Kaelicius. Am I wrong ? 
    You are correct, any tiles you make don't do damage to him if matched away.  I'm also pretty sure they don't add damage value, when you do match one of his, but not positive on that part.  I like the idea of using patch though, probably gonna swap him for hobo or blade tonight when i go.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

4* Elektra

3 * Loki

4* Thing

use Elektra purple to generate some strike tiles when there are a couple of purple matches (also steals a couple to keep his damage down)  or use Loki's cheap purple to shake the board when it is looking stale (his black also comes in useful to convert the strike tiles - wont do any damage but will keep you in the game longer while him pumps out more strike tiles) so far this team has not let me down although everyone is pretty much out of health by the end of it

• Supravenbull
    Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    D4Ni13 said:

They work. I was worried about that but tested it and it works.

And if someone can remember, i believe 3 maybe 4 Strange Sight events ago, Kaecilious didn't used to make matches. If he is going to be this difficult, maybe they need to revert back to that, 

• mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Coulson, hawkguy, Mr f. Use coulson's purple and Mr f's blue to match his strike tiles. Hawkguy gives you ap when you match his strikes to rinse and repeat. Mr f also provides some healing.

• dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    I was able to win with coulson/electra/switch. Coulsons passive triggered switch cd so I was constantly sitting on a purple ap that I mainly used for coulsons to swap tiles. I used electra's black to take some of the damage away. She could be replaced with any tank though and this team would still work just as good. 
  • Jakecin4791
    Jakecin4791 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I've tried 5 times now with all your suggestions (thank you!) but failed. I've NEVER had this much trouble with Kaecilius before. What the heck were they thinking?
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I have been using this team since the introduction of this PVE.

3Wolv, QuickSIlver, Loki

3Wolv can generate enemy strike tiles, QS can switch tiles to able you to switch tiles. Loki can suffer the board in case to increase the chance of matching enemy strike tiles, or turn enemy strike tiles in protect tiles to counter the affect of them to prolong the fight to match more enemy strike tiles. HIs passive can just still enemy AP to fuel all the above.

This team has seen some lost but I think it win more match against Kaecilius than losing.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I won on the first try in SCL7 with
    280 Blade(boosted) 5/5/3
    229 Kamala Kahn (boosted) 3/5/5
    280 RiRi Williams 3/5/5

I clearly didn't think this thru much, as I had KK in the center with her healing as her low cover power, Riri on the left with what should have probably been 5 in blue, and Blade on the right as a boosted meat shield. The match was easy. Maybe KK got dropped? I think so but don't remember. Other than that the only drawback was that it was late (for me) and took awhile.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I used 4Blade, Carnage, and Medusa. Blade and Carnage pumped out enough friendly tiles for me to keep healing and eventually I matched away the enemy strike tiles to win. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I used BSSM, KK, Electra.  BSSM negates the strike tiles and I would then fire powers regardless of ability to get KK to heal the team.  The tiny damage you are doing in this event is awful.  I was using Electra to get more strike tiles on the board especially if there were no strike tiles to match.  I also think this team will work well in round 3 since enemy strike tiles will get really nasty by then
  • stephmorris
    stephmorris Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I used Patch, Elektra and Thano5 (as my tank).  Green for patch.  And Elektra purple.  Match was over quickly.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Patch, Coulson, Quicksilver. Double board control, a reason to deny black, extra enemy strikes.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Patch, coulson, quicksilver for me too, didn't have any troubles and match wasn't all that long,  maybe 5 minutes.  Scl7.  I dunno, he used to be much harder for me to beat when he crushed your team in a dozen or so turns.