MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2017 Edition *Updated (9/27/17)

Options

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(8/31/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
    @Brigby
    God of Lies also awards Loki placement? Copy Pasta?

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Iceman - Green, Purple
    3-Star: Loki - Purple, Black, Green
    2-Star: Moonstone - Red, Black, Purple
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Yaaaaay Strange Sights!!!! Sandman? Boooo!!! Booo.!! My Iceman and Teen Jean want more covers
    Yesssss Iceman covers are coming! Next do Gwenpool, mine is at twelve covers, and then Teen Jean and I'll be a happy camper.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    xKOBALTx said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby
    God of Lies also awards Loki placement? Copy Pasta?

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Iceman - Green, Purple
    3-Star: Loki - Purple, Black, Green
    2-Star: Moonstone - Red, Black, Purple
    Hmm looks like Loki was switched out last minute. Good catch. I've corrected the Placement rewards to show Human Torch (Classic) is the appropriate 3-Star reward.

shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Yaaaaay Strange Sights!!!! Sandman? Boooo!!! Booo.!! My Iceman and Teen Jean want more covers
    Yesssss Iceman covers are coming! Next do Gwenpool, mine is at twelve covers, and then Teen Jean and I'll be a happy camper.
    Fly-Fight-Win awards Gwenpool's green cover as a progression reward. Does that count? :p 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So what DP vs MPQ placement is saying is, Iceman not just boosted but featured boosted for the Lockjaw release? Well, as long as the release isn't Venom Bomb, sounds good.

Aw, crud. When was the last Venom Bomb?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    It is much appreciated to have the events known for the next week.  Thank you, and enjoy the long weekend!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really hope I'm misreading this, but it looks like Iceman's blue is about to be the progression reward in both PvP and PvE.

My 0/5/4 Bobby is crying creepy, creepy tears. Or maybe that's just me. I think I've sold more blue Iceman covers than any other 4* cover.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Fly-Fight-Win awards Gwenpool's green cover as a progression reward. Does that count? :p 

Please tell me that it's another win-based test. Please. Because I really need that green and I always get smacked down whenever I even get close to 800 yet alone 900. Oh, my MPQ anniversary is tomorrow so a green Gwenpool would be a nice gift. Wink wink.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    I really hope I'm misreading this, but it looks like Iceman's blue is about to be the progression reward in both PvP and PvE.

My 0/5/4 Bobby is crying creepy, creepy tears. Or maybe that's just me. I think I've sold more blue Iceman covers than any other 4* cover.
    Ugh, that sucks and is super frustrating. Sorry that the one cover you need is about the hardest one to get.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DP V MPQ again!! Can't they give it a rest for a few months. Hate the double 48 hrs subs 

I'm desperate for ISO so another repetition of this event is not what I need 

pleased to to hear of iceman covers though as I've had him on level 270 for about 18 months 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options

pleased to to hear of iceman covers though as I've had him on level 270 for about 18 months 
    Guess a lot of people will fight over Iceman, but at least there's gonna be a 'free' progression cover on Lockjaw's release and another one in PvP after Loki. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ugh.  Iceman coming round finally and his progression covers are going to be both blue?!  My 1/5/5 weeps.

I guess it's time to flag him as a BH, try to snipe PvP and buy anything I don't get for CP...  le sigh.

Maybe I'll get the super secret H4H offer, I would probably buy it if I did...
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    broll said:
    Ugh.  Iceman coming round finally and his progression covers are going to be both blue?!  My 1/5/5 weeps.

How do you know which covers will be for progression ? I thought the progression covers would be the last one given as a placement reward (green in this case). Isn't it like so?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    broll said:

How do you know which covers will be for progression ? I thought the progression covers would be the last one given as a placement reward (green in this case). Isn't it like so?

For PvP: it's the cover that isn't given in placement
    For PvE: it's the middle one in Brigby's preview for placement is the next event's progression
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    broll said:

For PvP, the progression cover is the one NOT given in placement rewards the previous event. So since green and purple are rewarded, blue will be the cover at 900 in Torch's event. 

For PvE, it's always the middle reward listed in placement, blue in this case.
  • D4Ni13
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks. Didn't know about PvE middle cover. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

I guess it's time to flag him as a BH, try to snipe PvP and buy anything I don't get for CP...  le sigh.

Despite Peggy taking over the #1 spot on @Jarvind ranking guide, I still believe Iceman is the best 4* character. His self-synergy is great. Definitely worth 240 CP if you have the ISO to champ.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    broll said:

Despite Peggy taking over the #1 spot on @Jarvind ranking guide, I still believe Iceman is the best 4* character. His self-synergy is great. Definitely worth 240 CP if you have the ISO to champ.
    I spent 240 CP to get Iceman to 270. It's mixed emotions for me. Champ Iceman cost me 12 Classics pulls. That stings and I wonder if I made the right choice. Then I think about how I didn't really care for many of the "Latest 12" and I like Iceman and I think I made the right decision for me. Simply, there's no wrong choice there either way.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    broll said:

I get that to an extent and as he's literally my last vintage top tier character that's not champed or 13 covered I really really want to get him checked off.

However, I struggle with the idea that any character is worth throwing away 9-12 4*/5* chances for, but as I will likely have 2 iceman (if not more) dying on the vine soon it's time to push the petal to the metal to try and finally get him champed.  I've set him in as a BH, this has saved me from having to buy with CP in the past so we'll see if I luck out again.  I will most likely end up spending the CP if I have to, but it won't be until the first unusable iceman is going to expire so I have several weeks still.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    broll said:

I get that to an extent and as he's literally my last vintage top tier character that's not champed or 13 covered I really really want to get him checked off.

However, I struggle with the idea that any character is worth throwing away 9-12 4*/5* chances for, but as I will likely have 2 iceman (if not more) dying on the vine soon it's time to push the petal to the metal to try and finally get him champed.  I've set him in as a BH, this has saved me from having to buy with CP in the past so we'll see if I luck out again.  I will most likely end up spending the CP if I have to, but it won't be until the first unusable iceman is going to expire so I have several weeks still.
    Good luck!!
  • Milk Jugz
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    broll said:

I spent 240 CP to get Iceman to 270. It's mixed emotions for me. Champ Iceman cost me 12 Classics pulls. That stings and I wonder if I made the right choice. Then I think about how I didn't really care for many of the "Latest 12" and I like Iceman and I think I made the right decision for me. Simply, there's no wrong choice there either way.
    IMO, you did. His stun is arguably the best in the game, certainly in the 4* tier. Whiteout is powerful and his purple can make it more powerful. Also, purple destroys some enemy red ap, good for avoiding a nuke. Great character!!

If you haven't used him boosted yet, you are in for a treat during his feature event!!!