When are you going to post something about new Legendary odds

1235»

Comments

• ZamWiesel
    ZamWiesel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Opened 65 Classics and pulled 20 5*. Fully covered OML and BW. Plus now have 3 extra thanos, 3 extra strange and 1 extra panther. This may actually have me considering moving into 5* land.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    ZamWiesel said:
    Opened 65 Classics and pulled 20 5*. Fully covered OML and BW. Plus now have 3 extra thanos, 3 extra strange and 1 extra panther. This may actually have me considering moving into 5* land.
    This is the irony, or brilliance of what happened (depending on if it was really an accident):  it made lots of people that had lost interest in 5* covers interested again.  25% draw rates are high enough to make then attainable, though the diluted pool make it such that people still won't be able to cover them easily.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As somebody that has been very outspoken on cheating, this was a program error on D3 part. The community caught this quickly and reacted. This is not the same as going into the game a hacking it to get the token pulls you want. Or using the BH trick to make sure you are getting BH with your 5* pull. This was available to anybody in the community that was up, on line and was able to to advantage of this.  Lots of people dumped 1-3K CPs on this and made out huge.  Not only did this give you great Classic pull rate, it also only gave you the current 12. For those who were planing out their hoards and Vaulting before it changed jumped all over this and made a massive benefit. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder about the "accidental" nature of this bug also. The devs have said they don't want to encourage hoarding. And as rockett pointed out, many people dumped their CP, I did (~2100). Maybe they wanted to make people spend, maybe it truly was a mistake. Either way, some people took advantage of it, some did/could not.

If you are in the group that did/could not, I feel for you. But to come out on the forums calling for rollbacks and punishment just makes you sound bitter.....
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    ...it's back to normal now.

LOL. That's gotta be the fastest bug fix in the history of MPQ.
    Sparkly victory banner removal was pretty fast too, it seems to me.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

I don't remember that one. What happened?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Dormammu said:
    Dormammu said:

I don't remember that one. What happened?
    Some genius at D3 decided the Victory banner wasn't obnoxious enough.  So they added a bunch of sparkles to it.  It was the most pointless "upgrade" I've ever seen.  It didn't help that there were a bunch of bugs that needed to be fixed at the time.  When the forum melted down, they rolled it back I think the same day.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:

It lasted a few days to a week maybe. It wasn't this quick. This cost d3 a little but I guarantee they still made out pretty good this way. I wouldn't be surprised if this comes back around anniversary time. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    The rage quits are from people who opened their hoard a day late. There were several in my old alliance that were pretty upset that they opened earliest this week. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It lasted a few days to a week maybe. It wasn't this quick. This cost d3 a little but I guarantee they still made out pretty good this way. I wouldn't be surprised if this comes back around anniversary time. 
    Can't have been more than a day.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,142 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure it was just hours. By the time I saw the post it was already fixed and because I was sleeping I didn't get a chance to partake.

D3 knows who opened tokens during that time and who didn't. It would be a nice gesture if everyone who didn't have a chance to partake was given a limited one time vault with the same 25% odds. Even if they limited the number of pulls to 100.

KGB
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I'm pretty sure it was just hours. By the time I saw the post it was already fixed and because I was sleeping I didn't get a chance to partake.

D3 knows who opened tokens during that time and who didn't. It would be a nice gesture if everyone who didn't have a chance to partake was given a limited one time vault with the same 25% odds. Even if they limited the number of pulls to 100.

KGB
    Victory banner, not token odds.

Token odds lasted exactly 3.5 hours.
  • dudethtsawesome
    It could have been, it was so long ago. I might be thinking of the xp showing early letting you know you won before the victory screen. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Token odds lasted exactly 3.5 hours.
    And it just happens to be between 2am-5:30am in my Timezone. Guess I'll continue hoarding
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    It's sad to hear there was such w bug and many players took advantage from it, but it was fixed so quickly that many of us didn't have a chance :/
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I say more power to the people who jumped on this, they screwed up.....again.......sucks for everyone else but i cant say i blame people for taking advantage, people cheat, nothings done, people play honest, they get screwed, maybe they should pay attention before changing things and start testing also