When are you going to post something about new Legendary odds

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Brigby said:
    Mpqdr72 said:
    So that means there will still be 3 characters in Hornhead Cover Store, odds to get the newest 5* just got nerfed.
    Hornhead tokens will just be 5* dd and all 4*s.  
    Normally that is the case, however this time around, the Hornhead Legendary Store will feature Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Black Panther (Civil War) at 5% apiece.
    You're killing me, Smalls.

This is like going into a restaurant, ordering a meal, getting the wrong thing, saying "This isn't what I ordered" (Daredevil should be the only 5* in his token), being told "Actually our menu changed" (we aren't doing them that way anymore), and then finding out the new item is cold anyways, so it still has to go back to the kitchen (current 10% odds of a 5*, when it's supposed to be 5% apiece).

Two steps forward, one step back. Except I might need to re-tally, I'm not sure we have enough steps forward for the math to work out correctly anymore...
    ((shrug)) I'd rather have the Spider-Man or Black Panther covers, so I like it.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was in the middle of hoarding due to the vaulting change but could not pass this up.

39 Pulls => 11 Five Stars!  A couple of those where Bonus Heroes

I was able to fully cover Black Widow and my Black Bolt is now at 4/4/2
     I'm torn. I've been hoarding since 5pidey came out, so about 1.5 months. The plan was to wait until Doc Ock rotated out, then pull as many Latest as I could. I was hoping to have about 130 pulls or so. Not enough to fully cover all 3 Latest at that point, but I'm mostly gunning for 5pidey covers. 

I would have about 57 Classic pulls right now. I'm leaning towards staying the course. The truth is, I don't have many of the 5*s in Classics rostered right now, so it would likely be a huge HP suck. Honestly, the 4* odds are what's more tempting to me than anything. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    I think it would be fine if they did this in the latest legends tokens.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,001 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, I sure am jealous of all these people posting here about how they are abusing this bug to reap the 5* rewards...
    Every once in a while a bug works out in our favor.  Much better than the daily crashes on board drop.  
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I actually initially though this was solution to 5* dilution in classics. I still hope this is the case. And for all of this who think people were exploiting something, i can say only one thing: this is no different than buying hp on sale. With that said, i believe d3 should post something ingame acknowledging the mistake they made with stores, and as a token of good will leave 25% odds for classics for another 24hrs, so everyone who wants can make informed decision and spend their hoards if they want to.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    elvy75 said:
    I actually initially though this was solution to 5* dilution in classics. I still hope this is the case. And for all of this who think people were exploiting something, i can say only one thing: this is no different than buying hp on sale. With that said, i believe d3 should post something ingame acknowledging the mistake they made with stores, and as a token of good will leave 25% odds for classics for another 24hrs, so everyone who wants can make informed decision and spend their hoards if they want to.
    No such luck - i just got an auto-update, and it's back to normal now
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I had forgotten how fun it was to pull new characters. Luckily I had started my first hoard ever and had 500 CP. I felt like I was finally getting somewhere with my roster again.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Funny how the cd bug took weeks to fix but this was fixed in a matter of hours. Oh well, I do hope they fix the classic 5* dilution problem sometime in the future. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh to have been a fly on the wall when D3 discovered the bug. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    Oh to have been a fly on the wall when D3 discovered the bug. 
    I'm sure a lot of **** hit the fan
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Blew all my CP - hit about at the advertised/bugged rate.

Still managed to miss my top 5 highest covered 5* going into the pulls, so it feels a bit wasted.  Such is RNG.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Man, I sure am jealous of all these people posting here about how they are abusing this bug to reap the 5* rewards...
    Funny thing, a fair company would drop a rollback with some minor compensation. Another fair thing would be to punish everyone who admitted that they abused the bug, knowing that it is in fact a bug.

Orion said:
    I wouldn't call it a bug.  It's more like a store accidentally posting a lower price than they wanted to.  Then a bunch of people bought it at that lower price.  The store puts the old price back but honors the previous sales.

Sure, defend bug-abusers.

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Alsmir said:
    Funny thing, a fair company would drop a rollback with some minor compensation. Another fair thing would be to punish everyone who admitted that they abused the bug, knowing that it is in fact a bug.

Orion said:
    I wouldn't call it a bug.  It's more like a store accidentally posting a lower price than they wanted to.  Then a bunch of people bought it at that lower price.  The store puts the old price back but honors the previous sales.

I had opened a part of my stash to check the HfH store situation that was brought up earlier yesterday. I have no idea if when I spent those cp I was spending under the old odds or the bugged odds. Should I be "punished" for this?

Most of the people spend as they get their cp. If they did so during this bug, should they be "punished"?
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I have spent 1900 CPs during that increased pull period. I thought t was intentionaly. Heck, even 25 percent isn´t that great when we have so many characters!

Anyway, my results are 26/96. I have finished OML to 5/4/4, as my first 5*.

And there will be time when 5* pull rate odds will be increased.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blew all my CP - hit about at the advertised/bugged rate.

Still managed to miss my top 5 highest covered 5* going into the pulls, so it feels a bit wasted.  Such is RNG.
    Was asleep when bug was alive and to be honest, I don't think it would have done me any good either. My oml/im46/phx are my highest covered, followed by ss. The rest are ranging from 0-3 covers. 5700cp equals to 228 pulls. 25% is 57 covers. Spread that out across the 14x 5*s and it's roughly 4 covers each. Likely a dupe for oml/im46/phx if they weren't the right colours and the others will still be undercovered between 0-7. Roughly 14 covers each the latest 12 4*s (only have 7 championed) is meh as well. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Alsmir said:

Orion said:

So when the bug causing CD tiles to deal damage when they expired was active, everyone who used it to their advantage should be "punished"?

EDIT: I wasn't aware it was actually a bug until I had pulled more than 50% of my hoard. Should I be "punished" for the second half, but not the first??

2nd EDIT: Looking back at chatting with a friend while pulling my hoard, I wasn't aware the odds were a bug until I pulled my entire hoard, I originally thought I had found out sooner.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir said:

Orion said:

If Best Buy accidentally marks a bunch of 4K televisions for $100 and a ton of people buy them, then they realize their mistake the next day, should they get to take your TV back?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    @Alsmir This was not a bug. This was an accidental change. As @Jarvind points out, there's no difference between this and a store posting an incorrect sale price. The tokens worked exactly as advertised in the game. 
    If it was an exploit where you had to jump through hoops to get better odds on good covers, then I would agree that those who abused it should be 'punished'. This is not what happened. I also see no reason to 'compensate' those who did not take advantage. In the Best Buy example, should they be forced to continue to sell 4K TVs for $100 each until everyone who wants one has run them out of business?