When are you going to post something about new Legendary odds

Comments

• dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    farlus said:
    Anthony posted in Discord the stores were updated in error. No telling if that means it's a bug or just the timing was before they intended to actually make the change.
    I would assume they jumped the gun. The dilution in the classics has been a problem for over a year now. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    farlus said:
    Anthony posted in Discord the stores were updated in error. No telling if that means it's a bug or just the timing was before they intended to actually make the change.
    I guess if you want Classics, then you'd better pull now before the odds so back down to 15%!
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    If this is a mistake I hope they gonno roll back this back. 
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

This was very obviously a mistake. Drawn attention to...

I'm unable to find a high five smiley.

• Mpqdr72
    Mpqdr72 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Still in 4* transition (only four 4* champed). Tried 4 pulls on classic (bugged or not) got three 5* and one carol cover (which I have champed). I'm not hoarding so I figured why not take advantage of the fuzzy situation.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Amazing!! Better spend these CPs while the going is good. And Mockingbird and Yondu are already in there. Time to open some Classic packs. Come on Thanos!!
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
     twistmonkey said:
    @Blindman13 - the hoards are attempts to fully cover 5* - if you had 300 pulls, before this change you'd expect 300 * 15% = 45 5* covers, now you'd expect 300 * 10% = 30 5* covers - a reduction of 33%
    You're manipulating the math to make it seem worse than it really is. You are just comparing the 5* results and throwing out all the other pulls. 
    Using your math, there was a 66% increase of 5*s in the classics pool, and being that those cost less CP, there is an overall increase of 5* availability in the game of over 33%.

And let's not forget that the Devs don't want anyone hoarding. They are always looking to encourage pulling tokens, so they are not going to be upset if the offend those that are hoarding.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Wow, the opposite of everyone's favorite vaulting solution. It kinda makes sense, the argument against "latest have latest and classics have all" is that 5* players didn't want to tie 4* progression to 5* progression. If this sticks I would be happy having separate latest and vintage 4* tokens.
     Lowering the odds for 5*s  tho? Is that to offset all the extra champ rewards or something? Why do that?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:

Lowering the odds for 5*s  tho? Is that to offset all the extra champ rewards or something? Why do that?
    They obviously don't like people hoarding to champ 3 Latest 5*s at once.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    19 pulls

5* BW, 5* SS, 5* Thanos(BH), 5* Cap, 5* GG, 5* Strange, 5* Iron Man, 5* Phoenix, 4* Mordo x3, 4* Carol x2, 4* Gamora, 4* Fist, 4* Riri, 4* Coulson, 4* Yondu, 4* Vulture

7+1/19 were 5* I'll take those odds all day
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we MAYBE get an official word on what the odds are SUPPOSED to be, @Brigby
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hornhead is messed up too most likely.

Contains 10% chance of either Daredevil, Spidey, or Black Panther instead of just Daredevil.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. The changes to Latest and Classic Legend Tokens were not intentional, and there will be an emergency daily patch to fix this issue.

In addition, there is an issue with the Hornhead Cover Store where the chance to get a 5-Star is only 10% instead of 15%. A fix for that will also be present in the emergency patch later today.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you for everyone's patience and understanding. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,001 Chairperson of the Boards
    19 pulls

5* BW, 5* SS, 5* Thanos(BH), 5* Cap, 5* GG, 5* Strange, 5* Iron Man, 5* Phoenix, 4* Mordo x3, 4* Carol x2, 4* Gamora, 4* Fist, 4* Riri, 4* Coulson, 4* Yondu, 4* Vulture

7+1/19 were 5* I'll take those odds all day
    Nice!

Benefited me too.  Got my Thanos up to 4/4/4 and cover maxed IM46.  And added plenty of covers to champs in the latest along with getting Mockingbird and Yondu in good shape cover wise.  This makes me miss the vaulting so much.  Only 1 wasted pull which was my 8th red for my 1/5/0 Black Widow.  
  • Mpqdr72
    Mpqdr72 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    So that means there will still be 3 characters in Hornhead Cover Store, odds to get the newest 5* just got nerfed.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually liked the mistake. I only pull classics so that was working out for me. Wish I had more CP right now.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Mpqdr72 said:
    So that means there will still be 3 characters in Hornhead Cover Store, odds to get the newest 5* just got nerfed.
    Hornhead tokens will just be 5* dd and all 4*s.  

Edit:  just checked store and you were right
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Mpqdr72 said:
    Normally that is the case, however this time around, the Hornhead Legendary Store will feature Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Black Panther (Civil War) at 5% apiece.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Mpqdr72 said:
    Normally that is the case, however this time around, the Hornhead Legendary Store will feature Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Black Panther (Civil War) at 5% apiece.
    Are you able to confirm if there are actually plans to address the dilution in tokens, similar to what has happened to Classics? Enquiring minds need to know :smile:

The cat does kinda seem out the bag, but official confirmation would be great to stop the usual forum meltdown.

Thanks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone said:
    Brigby said:
    Mpqdr72 said:
    Are you able to confirm if there are actually plans to address the dilution in tokens, similar to what has happened to Classics? Enquiring minds need to know :smile:

The cat does kinda seem out the bag, but official confirmation would be great to stop the usual forum meltdown.

Thanks.
    What I'd like to know is whether Latest will stay at 10%.
    Cause then I'm done.