Anyone else feeling the burnout?

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnifexx said:
    I agree once a month would not only provide some relief but it would also make the releases special. My question is whether the developers consider this or just figure the money's rolling in, so don't screw with anything. Ya know, just in case. The 125 level really needs to be lifted. That is both hurting my iso and causing me to consider quitting. 
    Honestly, I think they could do a really simple solution to the level cap.
    Just allow you to reset it to 1 when you've hit 125. Kinda...pretige it. So it's not back to level 1 fully, stopping you from entering CL levels, but it's Clearance Level *1 going all the way up to *125.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm close sometimes but not quite. There's just enough slack time for me, a little more would be nice, but the howling at lost iso would be real.

two day subs, offseason, and generally one event mid season slack is enough for me to stay fresh and productive at 80-90% consistently
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PVE's has been on a good string of boosted characters.  Went from Rulk to new Riri to Medusa to Strange.  My burnt out feeling is gonna go from 0 to 100 when they have a bad boosted week.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've definitely felt it in the past, but not so much now.  I used to attempt optimal play, and that's really what burned me out.  I've gone a little more casual - casual enough that the game still occupies a big chunk of my time, but doesn't interfere with anything else in my life.  I've gone from T10 most of the time to T50, occasionally T20.  PvP I only bother getting to 900 if it adds a cover - if it's a champ level I'll do it if I have a lot of spare time, but if it's a 6th color or someone I don't have the Iso to champ, I stop at 575.

I've also just accepted cover loss as part of the game.  Hoarding takes a lot of the fun out of it so I just keep pulling and decide which character to champ once I accumulate the Iso.  Anyone who doesn't make the cut will come around again soon enough, and in the meantime having them champed probably would have had minimal impact on my overall scores.  They might have made one PvP slightly easier, maybe prevented a hit or two, but not having them champed wouldn't be the thing holding me back from reaching the progression I want.

Dialing down on the effort and throwing away the schedule really helped.  I do use Line to keep track of brackets and try to jump in to a later one early for my initial clears, and sometimes I'll do my final clears early.  That usually puts me in competition with people under similar time constraints who are tending to lose 8-12 hours worth of refresh points, so I get decent placement rewards relative to the dedication I'm putting toward it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Straycat said:
    We tend to have short memories whenever the status quo changes. Checking the piecing together articles, Sandman was Jun 15 and Vulture was July 13. So we had a month between releases before we got back on the 2 week release schedule. That was because of the boss events that we finished in a day, which gave us a couple days off. The problem is everyone's batteries drain and recharge differently. Some want more to do, some want less.
    5* Spidey was released between Sandman and Vulture: the only real change from the regular routine was that they moved the 5* release up a slot to coincide with a movie release.

Assuming the next release is a 5*, we're back to normal.  If it doesn't come with a matching 3*, then you can pretend there's another month between releases if that is less stressful :smiley:
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you every one for commenting. Feels better to know I'm not alone.

Now, I hope the devs hear all this. @Brigby , what's the word around the office about player burnout? We are the players that love the game, support the game, and want to be a part of the future.... is there any talk about how to help us feel less over whelmed by the grind?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The new pve format has really gotten to me. I can either play scl8 and have to work really hard to get my clears against the higher leveled characters or play down to scl7 and grind down to 0 to hopefully make t50. Either way it feels like a chore.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yup! getting close to calling it quits after 1275 days. 
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Feeling burnout lately Becos of new scaling. A lot of 5* land players coming down to scl6/7. How are we 3*/4* players to compete with them for better placement? Although it's easier and less playing time, but we can't play fast enough to get better placement because of the handicapped/unfair rivalry. To me it's a failure of new system. I feel robbed. 5* players are like vultures, left us nothing to eat, it's unethical and Bullying.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish that there were no weekend new releases or pvp events.. that's supposed to be time I spend with family! It's much easier for me to play during the week, as I have 3 hours of commute from home to work and back.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tph_james said:
    Feeling burnout lately Becos of new scaling. A lot of 5* land players coming down to scl6/7. How are we 3*/4* players to compete with them for better placement? Although it's easier and less playing time, but we can't play fast enough to get better placement because of the handicapped/unfair rivalry. To me it's a failure of new system. I feel robbed. 5* players are like vultures, left us nothing to eat, it's unethical and Bullying.
    While I've always felt PvP is a situation of 'the rich getting richer' when it comes to placement rewards, I've never felt that way about PvE and still don't. I'm a 3*/4* player (15 champed fours, still lean on my threes quite a bit) and I placed 12th in Yondu's release event in SCL 7. I glanced at a couple rosters who placed in the top 10 in my bracket and none of them were 5-star players.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    tph_james said:
    I was less concerned by this until my T100 PvE alliance missed T100 for the first time in 2 months.  We placed 105 and comparing values to other events most people scored more than they typcically do.  i can only account for the loss to be either more 5* player playing than usual or them getting more points then usual with their breeze scaling.

Only fix I want to see is to release SCL9 (possibly 10 too) and have the rewards be a big enough carrot to get all 5* players their and out of the kiddie pools.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    tph_james said:
    I was less concerned by this until my T100 PvE alliance missed T100 for the first time in 2 months.  We placed 105 and comparing values to other events most people scored more than they typcically do.  i can only account for the loss to be either more 5* player playing than usual or them getting more points then usual with their breeze scaling.

Only fix I want to see is to release SCL9 (possibly 10 too) and have the rewards be a big enough carrot to get all 5* players their and out of the kiddie pools.
    Most 5* rosters will stay in the kiddie pool because it's easier to compete in there. There argument will be the rewards aren't "worth" the trouble, but in reality they want easy rewards. I mean who doesn't! haha
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A lot of people are burned out so join the club.
    People are hanging around and won't quit because of money and time already Invested.
    They hoping and praying for some new content.

I could solve an aspect of burn out in a second
    For VIP players or Those shield level _______ and above.
    The three easy nodes in PVE are blocked out or already completed.
    The time needed to compete effectively in PVE is the biggest burnout factor of them all. We've payed our dues so help us out.
    #justanidea
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As  Vet player, I only feel burnout when I can't complete an event the way I would like too. I don't see a problem with the release schedule as it has been in place for a while, so it should be something people are used to by know. I understand the nostalgia of wanting to be able to fully use a character right off the bat, but realistically people need to expect it will take time to acquire all needed covers as well. Plus the ISO complaint doesn't make since since it is possible to acquire anywhere from 30K - 60K iso in days time with just playing. I new 4* Only takes around 350k to champ. You can amass that in about a week of just playing or farming 2* and 3*'s. I love Dbl ISO events cause every little bit helps, but looking at the players who drop the cash to finish a champ, and trying to stay up to par just cause you want too are completely different style of play, and one shouldn't think that is the standard.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    tph_james said:

Most 5* rosters will stay in the kiddie pool because it's easier to compete in there. There argument will be the rewards aren't "worth" the trouble, but in reality they want easy rewards. I mean who doesn't! haha
    That's what I meant by with a big enough carrot.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bet if they offered a 5* cover to the t5 players in SCL 9, then a lot would shift over to that now that they limit scaling based on SCL.  Also, allow t50 to get the 4* cover.  

That's a big enough carrot I think.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    In the morning I made a plan of all the things I wanted to do today. PVE grind ate that time considerably. I've now decided to drop down to the clearance level 6. That should free my time.