Anyone else feeling the burnout?

Options
Arphaxad
Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
I really enjoy the game. Matching tiles, gathering attack points, and using powers strategically is fun. I'm nearing day 1000 on my resupply and I think the game today is much better than the one I played on day 1.

Here is my problem. The new champions being released, 4 stars and 5 stars, are coming way too often. This is causing two problems for me.

1. I'm not able to get the iso-8 to level up the champions I do have before adding the new one.
2. If I take a series or two off, I loose ground on my progression.

It takes so much effort to collect the 13 covers, in the correct proportion, and have enough ISO-8 to champion the hero, that the new releases go forgotten for months before I even learn how to use them. This makes new releases unexciting.

Making the new cover required for the next event forces players to play hard to get placement in the release event.

I'm not to the point of putting this game down, but each time a new cover is release, I get a little closer. Is anyone else feeling the burn out?

Do the developer care about the veterans being burned out? Is there any plans to help us out?

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel the burnout sometimes and take an event or two off.  

On the plus side the devs did just shorten the grind substantially with the new PVE.  My grind is at least an hour shorter.  
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have been where you are for months. I hit the lvl 125 wall long ago. 4's are released too quickly. 

The problem is there are people that spend (a lot) of money. Without these new toons, those people stop spending.

I know some of them--it's an addiction and they admit it. Chase the new shiny!
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the release schedule could stand to be slowed down by another week or so between new characters.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
     Wumpushunter said:
    They need to do a double iso/HP event when they release so many so quickly. Keeps up the will to play.
    Man, a double ISO event every time they release a new character, that would be great.  Even just one a month would help out tremendously. 

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I just need more to do. 
    I hit 2k in the simulator 
    I hit 4k for the season
    Deadpool is done 
    Cant do pve as I have to wait til last hour to grind rest if nodes
    I hit 650 in she hulk event ( good enough for me) 

I lose interest in pvp after I hit 4k and finish simulator. Since there really anything else worthwhile in pvp, that's pretty much it til next season.  Waiting for nodes to gain points in pve is boring. 

Ps: still waiting for points to refresh 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We tend to have short memories whenever the status quo changes. Checking the piecing together articles, Sandman was Jun 15 and Vulture was July 13. So we had a month between releases before we got back on the 2 week release schedule. That was because of the boss events that we finished in a day, which gave us a couple days off. The problem is everyone's batteries drain and recharge differently. Some want more to do, some want less.

Finding new teams has prevented me from burnout. I recently champed C&D, Grocket, Coulson, and X23, and they've been fun.

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    New character releases are my main source of burn out. I recently champed Vulture, but now I still have Mockingbird to worry about not to mention the incoming Yondu, and if I really get bored, Sandman. For forbid I should even think about pouring iso into a 5star character or champing a vaulted character.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    While I really enjoy new character releases, it's getting to be too much of a good thing.  ISO-crunch is becoming magnified for me.  Might be less problematic for some players (ie the ones who don't feel the compulsion to roster and champ EVERYTHING!).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man I feel the burnout at times for sure. My alliance pretty much had to talk me out of jumping off an MPQ ledge when Venom Bomb last ran. Venom Bomb blehhhhhh. The game just needs more content. Doesn't even have to be anything special I mean maybe a trial mode so you can mess around with your new 4* that only has a handful of covers and where you can pick your own opponents or even pick random ones. Computer opponents, your characters at full health with no health packs needed so you can test teams out instead of having to test them out in shield sim or pve.

Side content like a challenge mode (mission 1 has bombs, mission 2 handicap match, mission 3 win with only 2*s, etc), maybe a gauntlet or a 20 round wave survival mission would be fun. It could be a weekly thing. This week is gauntlet, next week is survival, the week after is an alliance mini boss rush. 
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    worth wild
    worthwhile
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find that I just cut back on my pvp if the game is wearing on me.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    worth wild
    worthwhile
    I don't see a mistake...... 
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Crowl said:
    I find that I just cut back on my pvp if the game is wearing on me.
    Yes, not pushing for the 900 pt 4* reward saves from burnout.  If there isn't a good 4* cover I want I just play to 575 and quit.  575 only takes about 1 hr.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yes, I'm feeling burnout, I keep sort of getting out, but find myself being pulled back in by each new character release as I keep chasing the lightning hoping to reach my goal:  Champ All 4*... The problem is that goal really is unreachable, or at least unmaintainable for anyone like myself that isn't going to drop a ton of money each new character release.  I've been gaining on them overall, but I can't maintain the pace anymore, I just don't have it in me, and other things in my life are pulling my interests from this game...

Sigh.

• Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm really just tired of the pace of new character releases.  I have a significant ISO deficit as it is, and since there's no way in hell I'll ever spend money on ISO, I find myself hoarding CP and LTs until I can get the character with a 14th cover on the vine championed.  Then it seems anymore that I do 1 pull and wind up with another character with a 14th cover.  

But really...do we need a new character every 2 weeks (sometimes sooner)?  Isn't once a month ok?  One per season seems like a great way to do it.  Open a new season with a character release, and let us try to cover the previous month's new character a little bit.  Besides, it's not even like I use the new characters until they're champed anyway.
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree 1 per season is a good balance of new content without being too much.  Takes almost 2 weeks earning 30k iso per day to champ the 4*s.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree once a month would not only provide some relief but it would also make the releases special. My question is whether the developers consider this or just figure the money's rolling in, so don't screw with anything. Ya know, just in case. The 125 level really needs to be lifted. That is both hurting my iso and causing me to consider quitting.