Army of One: APR 30-May 02 Frank Castle PVP

Options

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda - just saw you in my queue. Don't think I'll be taking on that Hood/OBW any time soon.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    And yeah, the two matches I lost myself were against Magnetos who magically were at 10 purple all of a sudden and it was goodbye to two chars from MagLoc and the resulting cascades. Nasty stuff. Makes me wonder if CMags really is as bad on defense as people think he is.

Mags is bad on defense? He's no LT or Hood, but he's got a spammable ability that does constant, decent damage while usually generating a good amount of AP, and another ability that just murders someone, which makes him much better than most 3*s on defense
    The AI doesn't know how to use his blue, and if there's another character with red, it'll hesitate on using his red a lot. But yeah, his purple can hurt
  • Unknown
    Options
    well since i haven't really did much this event since the beginning, I'll be pushing myself as much as I can tonight after I go see The Amazing Spiderman 2 5pm my time and probably have dinner after that. Dont think I'll be getting my first Punisher cover but maybe i'll be close enough to update Captain America. Unless i Pull punisher from the full clip token with luck. Who knows!
  • mohio
    Options
    Thanks to a defensive win (or some nice forumite retreating to me) I'm up to 1007 but need to shield and take a break. Just barely won my last match with the idiot AI taking an environmental match instead of killing my LT on 170 life after a Molotov Cocktail downing my Punisher. My Thunder Strike gave me just barely enough (even needed my attack tile to go off!) to finish off the enemy.

In other news, I need to get better at this game - takes me much longer than it probably should to win some of these matches. Between Retribution and Espionage there is a lot of looking at enemy AP and calculating 40%.

Anyway - if you see me - whack away, I'm shielded for the next 3 hours. I'll let everyone know when I make the final push for 1100.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Anyway - if you see me - whack away, I'm shielded for the next 3 hours. I'll let everyone know when I make the final push for 1100.

Well that didn't work. I just retreated to you a few minutes ago.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    I don't quite have the roster to take on the top guys, but I'd really love to hit 1100 for my 5th green punisher. At 900 now, hoping to get up there but not sure I have what it takes to tangle with the zombie horde.

If you see my 165 (boosted obv) Pun, 85 OBW, and 128 LT, please don't hit me for the next hour or two. It's my birthday and it would be a nice present icon_e_smile.gif.

at at 908, shielded, and thinking the same thing. I have what looks like the same 5-6 people in all three nodes, no matter how much I cycle them. Hell, earlier I managed to have the same persons team in two nodes at the same time, which I had never seen before.

debating on Un shielding for a bit to try to get to at leat 1k, would really prefer 1.1k if I can, but every team in every node has a 200 pun, and 141 teams. Doubtful my 128 boosted pun, 115 HT, and 85 OBW have much of a chance.

however, if you see me pop up in a node, take a hit. I may unshield, but probably not for at least 30-40 minutes, maybe an hour. May shield right back up if I'm getting nailed though. Had several people hitting me for mid 30's and 40's all day though while shielded.
  • mohio
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    mohio wrote:

Well that didn't work. I just retreated to you a few minutes ago.

Ha, I saw that and wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. Sometimes those cascades just get you. Hope it didn't set you back too far.
  • jojeda654
    Options
    Nah, I only need a purple Loki. Plus, everyone is whipping out their Spidey's so I've finally started losing points.
  • mohio
    Options
    I sure have seen a lot of spideys in the upper tier. It's been mostly a mixture of Spidey, Hood, and OBW that I've run across with some Hulk thrown in for good measure.
  • Unknown
    Options
    k, got to 1201 and shielded. my eyes are all red today, so I guess I'll call it a day and go to sleep. I have safe top5 and tomorrow it's Loki's time!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded at 1054 because I ran out of health packs. Anyone want to bump me up to 1100?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hit 900 for the HP... except I didn't due to 2 hits while playing that match. So I made it there again, and actually got it. Threw up a shield until the end at 909 in second, though first has the same score. One of the Ace of Blades guys. Don't really care about a baglady cover, and not planning on breaking shield as long as I stay in the top 5-10 for the second cover.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Man 1200 is impossible trying to only use one shield! I made my whole push this morning and got up to 1178 just now and came out to -60. That was after yo-yoing back and fourth around 1000-1200. Also mad because I had reckless saved up in a node for a ton of points (and pretty sure she was shielded) but a retaliation overwrote it and it went away. UGHH. gave up and 8 hour shielded at 1107 and the second place guy just got a defense win and is now at 1105. Sigh...

EDIT: ****. lol uctC6BHl.jpg
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had unshielded at 908 to try to move up to at least 1k, did a match, and got the cascade of hits from 141's, which knocked me back into low 800's.

Worked my way back up to 944 and reshielded. Just gonna call it a day. Currently in second, which I'm not worried about grabbing first for this one. Just don't have any 141's, and ran out of health packs.

So...hit me if you want, shielded til the end.
  • mohio
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Question to the shield-hopping veterans - I'm currently at 1029 and really wanted to hit 1100 - should I maybe use some boosts and try to get through 3 or 4 matches as quickly as I can to reach it? Is that just asking to get hit a bunch of times and end up losing points? I really wanted that green punisher but I enjoy peace of mind (and not wasting time), so if it's not going to go well for me, it'd be nice to know now before trying

edit: was actually at 1029, forgot a +4 defensive win - not sure why that guy tried attacking me - i guess juicy points are incentive to try
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Question to the shield-hopping veterans - I'm currently at 1025 and really wanted to hit 1100 - should I maybe use some boosts and try to get through 3 or 4 matches as quickly as I can to reach it? Is that just asking to get hit a bunch of times and end up losing points? I really wanted that green punisher but I enjoy peace of mind (and not wasting time), so if it's not going to go well for me, it'd be nice to know now before trying

Yeah try and set up some good targets while you are still shielded and then come in with good boosts to try and win as quick as possible.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Question to the shield-hopping veterans - I'm currently at 1025 and really wanted to hit 1100 - should I maybe use some boosts and try to get through 3 or 4 matches as quickly as I can to reach it? Is that just asking to get hit a bunch of times and end up losing points? I really wanted that green punisher but I enjoy peace of mind (and not wasting time), so if it's not going to go well for me, it'd be nice to know now before trying

Depends on your roster, time of day, popularity of the tournament, and proximity to the finish time. Sometimes you can get in three matches. Sometimes you can't get in one. With a medium roster, if you have the HP and are willing to spend it, I would find a 40 pt opponent you can beat, boost to the max, unshield, win, shield again for 3 hours, wait 2 hours, then do the exact same thing one more time.
  • jojeda654
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Shielded at 1054 because I ran out of health packs. Anyone want to bump me up to 1100?

I just gave you some points. Screen says -14. How much did that give you?
  • scottee
    Options
    scottee wrote:

Woot! Unshielded and picked up 39 points, then reshielded. Then someone lost to me to bump another 18 points. Thanks if it was someone from here! (forgot to look at the name)

Can now max my first 3*!
  • scottee
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    scottee wrote:

I just gave you some points. Screen says -14. How much did that give you?

18! You're awesome, thanks!