Army of One: APR 30-May 02 Frank Castle PVP

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    I'm all shielded up at around 918 points (the highest I've ever gotten! Go me!) so if anyone sees me and feels like pouncing, be my guest. I don't really do the whole tank team thingy, so you'll see an OBW, a punisher and either a CStorm or a MagNow (can't remember which, memory like a sieve...)

@900+ that looks like a tank team to me lol. Side note, I attack obw out of principle. Luckily, 90% of teams run her so I don't have to attack low point teams just for a principle. Also, I think they reverted the "see shielded opponents" again. Is what it is.

Heh. Well, it's pretty much all I can run with, if you peek at my roster (in sig). icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    looks like this is the time where im getting attacked ._. and my highest leveled characters need healing. I really need to level up more characters but they won't be higher than level 50.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    looks like this is the time where im getting attacked ._. and my highest leveled characters need healing. I really need to level up more characters but they won't be higher than level 50.

It'll take some time, but don't worry...you'll get there. Sounds like you're doing pretty good with your lower leveled team, but watch out for the big bads looking to pounce on unsuspecting teams with semi-juicy points
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried the oft-praised Punisher/OBW/Hood team for this tournament and I believe the hype. Even with Pun and Hood in just the 80s they have done well on offense and defense.

Unfortunately, it took about 40 minutes to get that last bit to the 900 mark and shield. Finally did so with under 2 hours to go, so anyone that sees me or has a retaliation queued is welcome to attack.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I tried the oft-praised Punisher/OBW/Hood team for this tournament and I believe the hype. Even with Pun and Hood in just the 80s they have done well on offense and defense.

Unfortunately, it took about 40 minutes to get that last bit to the 900 mark and shield. Finally did so with under 2 hours to go, so anyone that sees me or has a retaliation queued is welcome to attack.
    I hate this team. icon_evil.gif
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I managed 73rd with 589 pts. Couldn't break 600 here, but this afternoon I got to 609 in the God of lies so my 2* Thor is cover maxxed, and ping ponging up and down the leaderboards netted me enough Iso to get him tolevel 45. These scores also let me get my hulk cover from season mode, who makes an interesting partner for daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Man, my Punisher is going to be suffering from major post-buff malaise. Not looking forward to that icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    All I needed was top 25 for personal 100 HP but then I noticed that alliance top 50 is threatened (another 100 HP!) so I hit folks in my queue (unfortunately, my juicy retal for BubBleB0y of S.H.I.E.L.D disappeared and the retal for reckless I skipped away the day before or so as she didn't have good enough points to attack again).
    Punisher + Hood + oBW netted a few defensive wins during the tourney (nothing mindblowing, but heck, I get 0 defensive wins with other comps anyway).
  • daveomite
    Options
    locked wrote:
    All I needed was top 25 for personal 100 HP but then I noticed that alliance top 50 is threatened (another 100 HP!) so I hit folks in my queue (unfortunately, my juicy retal for BubBleB0y of S.H.I.E.L.D disappeared and the retal for reckless I skipped away the day before or so as she didn't have good enough points to attack again).
    Punisher + Hood + oBW netted a few defensive wins during the tourney (nothing mindblowing, but heck, I get 0 defensive wins with other comps anyway).

yeah...impressive run at the end. I was watching you. You must have had some pretty juicy targets. I was lucky to see 25 point nodes towards the end
  • Unknown
    Options
    I found plenty of big point targets at the end. I was busy so I shielded up at 10 PM at 1200 and then broke for two more matches at the very end though only the first counted towards my score.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    now that youmention it, I don't see a final placement tab forit
  • daveomite
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Neither do I....I was wondering where it was
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Neither do I....I was wondering where it was

I hope it shows up, I want to see the final standings as I was 3rd before going to bed and ended up with **** top 25 icon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was this event ultra-competitive, or did I just end up in the worst bracket I've ever seen. 1000 points wasn't even enough for Top 5. First in my bracket got the X-Force.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Was this event ultra-competitive, or did I just end up in the worst bracket I've ever seen. 1000 points wasn't even enough for Top 5. First in my bracket got the X-Force.
    bad bracket...that would have easily got first in my bracket
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cutoff for top 10 in mine was 927. Will never start within the first 15 minutes again.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too Easy wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I think your bracket was just....to easy. 1.1-3k has been where #1 has been for me since seasonone started
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    yeah...impressive run at the end. I was watching you. You must have had some pretty juicy targets. I was lucky to see 25 point nodes towards the end
    nah not at all, all my juicy retals sans one or two disappeared and my nodes were worth less than 25 points, I just hit quite a handful and no one retaliated (the one retal was a win for me).
  • daveomite
    Options
    locked wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    nah not at all, all my juicy retals sans one or two disappeared and my nodes were worth less than 25 points, I just hit quite a handful and no one retaliated (the one retal was a win for me).

gotcha. Towards the end, I had looked at the top 10 and didn't see you there any more. I was in third, only 2 points above 4th, and considering unshielding to do another match, but was convinced I'd get clocked and knocked below the 4th spot, so waited it out.

But then checked top 10 again, and there you were. You and someone else were working your way up, finally landing above me, but at least I stayed in top 5 for it. Great run at the end locked.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Too Easy wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I think your bracket was just....to easy. 1.1-3k has been where #1 has been for me since seasonone started

Yeah, 1st was just over 1.1k in mine, and second was 1k.