Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Options

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If the same amount of effort will get you 1st place in SCL6 or T50 in SCL8, then you should be in SCL8 for the better rewards.
    It's not the same amount of effort. It's considerably less effort (15 minutes of PVE in SCL 6 vs 1 hour investment in SCL 8 ) for negligibly lower rewards. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the same amount of effort will get you 1st place in SCL6 or T50 in SCL8, then you should be in SCL8 for the better rewards.
    Lol just because you agree with that statement doesn't mean that everyone does.

Can you not think of people in your own lives who take make that trade each and every time?  I am positive at least 10% of the player base would gladly accept T1 in scl6 over T50 in scl8 (and we aren't event factoring time savings in lower scls).  and I don't even have to look at rewards to make that pronouncement.

go down to scl6.  try it for your self.  with a roster boosted to 376 I suspect that you will be very competitive for T10

In response to your elementary school analogy.  You forgot to add that yes.  Your clobbering the elementary school kids,  but your getting dunked on by middle schooled kids.  In that light do you keep getting destroyed by the middle school kids or do you step back to where you are dominating the comp.  I'm more than willing to concede that if your dunking on middle schoolers, you should play high schoolers and so on.

As the owner of a 376 roster you can speak plainly about your exp.

1.  Do you feel that with superior effort you can even sniff T10 in scl7?

If your best effort can't get you within the T10, can you really say that your competitive for the bracket?.

• Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Lucifier said:
    with player level 355 5*, the effort for them in CL7 is not more than CL6 (true for CL8 there is a jump)
    Why does effort even matter?

The results speak for them selves!!!!!

If you can show that 355 5* players are dominating scl7,  I'll fully agree that they sandbagging in scl6.

and until you can show a way for 355 5* to compete in scl7 against a level 400 4*,  355 rosters of all shapes and sizes will play down to scl6 with the hope they can take t5.

better now we are at day 5 of 7 of the current event "PROGIGAL SUN"  and for the bracket that i am on, and it get its daily reset before 1 hour and 25 minutes.

wait for it

wait for it

Rank2 (top 2) in this event till now (5th day of 7) and for today he/she is top9   

1- highest char level is 277 (not boosted)
    2- only have 3 4* champed (as mentioned highest level is 277) all not boosted char.
    3- the 5* char have (highest level is 255) highest number of covers are 4
    4- after that his best char is 3* level 199
    5- to check it by yourself, his/her name is tep574 in alliance named Fluffers

Rank3 in the 5th out of 7 (best char captain marvel 4* level 314).

and the best one of all these, the big bang of ranking is Rank4

1- highest char is 5* (black panther) level 255 only 3 covers, and he/she only have one 5* char.
    2- this is better, next highest char have IS LEVEL 194 3* char (Blade), he have rocket and groot 4* with 13 covers but level 120.

and so on

Lucifier said:
    with player level 355 5*, the effort for them in CL7 is not more than CL6 (true for CL8 there is a jump)
    I use lvl 450+ 5Strange and 2 champed and boosted 4*s. CL 7 takes me 40-50 minutes to clear optimally; CL 6 takes me 20-30 minutes to clear the same amount. If I had lvl 450+ 5Thanos as well, those times would be cut in half.

I as best char level 174 3* char (not boosted) cleared all in 75 minutes. and i ranked 13 today, the 12 players before me, i don't know how long it took them, but i am sure less than one hour, it is just seems to me level 450 5* char is very strong, and i think it should be less than 40-50 minutes, i can not judge in here but i believe there are players who can do it in less time than this.

doctor strange at level 451:

blue damage 635 * 3 = 1905 (almost 2K) one hit.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not talking about match 4 or 5 or critical.
    purple damage 564 * 3 = 1692 one hit
    yellow damage 494 * 3 = 1482 one hit

blue ability stun and deal 6434 each turn. (almotst 6 and a half K)
    his yellow passive ability deal 5868 (when enemy use ability, almost 6K).

what more do you want.

WHY take you 50 minutes while i did it in 75 minutes and i think i reset two matches (i was about to lose a char).

YOU don't have 5* Thonas, OK use 3 * Thonas at level 266 can do 5020 passive damage (5K !!!!) (at level 168 can do 4.1K damage). (and over 1k to your team), Doctor strange 5* level 451 have 36K health.

the hardest node today in CL7, the lowest char health is less than 10K, kill this one first. and use thonas 3*
  • Phumade
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Phumade said:
    Lucifier said:
    Why does effort even matter?

The results speak for them selves!!!!!

If you can show that 355 5* players are dominating scl7,  I'll fully agree that they sandbagging in scl6.

and until you can show a way for 355 5* to compete in scl7 against a level 400 4*,  355 rosters of all shapes and sizes will play down to scl6 with the hope they can take t5.

Rank2 (top 2) in this event till now (5th day of 7) and for today he/she is top9   

1- highest char level is 277 (not boosted)
    2- only have 3 4* champed (as mentioned highest level is 277) all not boosted char.
    3- the 5* char have (highest level is 255) highest number of covers are 4
    4- after that his best char is 3* level 199
    5- to check it by yourself, his/her name is tep574 in alliance named Fluffers

Rank3 in the 5th out of 7 (best char captain marvel 4* level 314).

and the best one of all these, the big bang of ranking is Rank4

1- highest char is 5* (black panther) level 255 only 3 covers, and he/she only have one 5* char.
    2- this is better, next highest char have IS LEVEL 194 3* char (Blade), he have rocket and groot 4* with 13 covers but level 120.

and so on

LOL you are proving my point. If he's a  level 355 5* and he's losing in your scl6 bracket, why would he move up? Why would you say he's unfairly in the wrong scl? Your own evidence is proving that he can't cut it at the higher level. He's LOSING to lower level rosters!!!!!  You can't ask people to compete up in tiers when they can't even hold their own against weaker rosters.

and finally
     If your implying that those weaker rosters are winning in scl7, tell me what shard and bracket that is, and I'll make sure to send people to that bracket.

Let me help you out here. 

If you going to argue that a level 355 5* is sandbagging in scl6.  Please show me the leader board where he's dominating the completion not the ones where weaker roster are beating him up.

You need to show me scl7 leaderboards where Level 355 rosters are winning not losing  
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Hey dude, is it you that's right above me in Last Defender?
  • Phumade
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Lucifier said:
    I use lvl 450+ 5Strange and 2 champed and boosted 4*s. CL 7 takes me 40-50 minutes to clear optimally; CL 6 takes me 20-30 minutes to clear the same amount. If I had lvl 450+ 5Thanos as well, those times would be cut in half.

I as best char level 174 3* char (not boosted) cleared all in 75 minutes. and i ranked 13 today, the 12 players before me, i don't know how long it took them, but i am sure less than one hour, it is just seems to me level 450 5* char is very strong, and i think it should be less than 40-50 minutes, i can not judge in here but i believe there are players who can do it in less time than this.

doctor strange at level 451:

blue damage 635 * 3 = 1905 (almost 2K) one hit.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not talking about match 4 or 5 or critical.
    purple damage 564 * 3 = 1692 one hit
    yellow damage 494 * 3 = 1482 one hit

blue ability stun and deal 6434 each turn. (almotst 6 and a half K)
    his yellow passive ability deal 5868 (when enemy use ability, almost 6K).

what more do you want.

WHY take you 50 minutes while i did it in 75 minutes and i think i reset two matches (i was about to lose a char).

YOU don't have 5* Thonas, OK use 3 * Thonas at level 266 can do 5020 passive damage (5K !!!!) (at level 168 can do 4.1K damage). (and over 1k to your team), Doctor strange 5* level 451 have 36K health.

the hardest node today in CL7, the lowest char health is less than 10K, kill this one first. and use thonas 3*
    What is your ultimate point?  that your a better player than that poster?  that you can clear faster than he can with the same roster?

Dude let the leaderboard results be your guide.

If a **** player with a great roster (470 5*) cant avg T10  in scl 6 (and he's playing legitimately).  Does it really matter if he has a Demi-god's roster?

No let the results be your guide,  If they can't make T5 with an elite and a legitimate effort roster then they are not dominating that bracket.

If you can show that the level 355 5* is competing at the T10 level in scl 7,  I'll be more than happy to say play up to scl7. 
  • Lucifier
    Options
    Phumade said:
    LOL you are proving my point. If he's a  level 355 5* and he's losing in your scl6 bracket

1- I am not CL6, i am at CL7.

2- who says level 355 is losing or wining in CL6, i said why going to CL6. (i don't know who is doing that, but seems you agree to their logic).

3- i don't think you understood anything.

4- the bracket, as i mentioned the time, from now it is 2hours and 24 minutes less, i don't know what do you mean by shard?

5- sandbagging, don't know what this word mean (English not my main language).

Phumade said:
    You need to show me scl7 leaderboards where Level 355 rosters are winning not losing  

the example i mentioned to you is CL7, and the winning have worst char than 355, doesn't that mean 355 can do what lower can do, i do not have game data.

maybe the players with char level 355 at CL8 or CL6 LOL

how about your bracket, what top10 char looks like? which CL are you?

• Lucifier
    Options
    Rod5 said:
    Lucifier said:
    Hey dude, is it you that's right above me in Last Defender?

LOL apparently we are both doing bad i guess :)
  • Phumade
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Phumade said:
    LOL you are proving my point. If he's a  level 355 5* and he's losing in your scl6 bracket

1- I am not CL6, i am at CL7.

2- who says level 355 is losing or wining in CL6, i said why going to CL6. (i don't know who is doing that, but seems you agree to their logic).

3- i don't think you understood anything.

4- the bracket, as i mentioned the time, from now it is 2hours and 24 minutes less, i don't know what do you mean by shard?

5- sandbagging, don't know what this word mean (English not my main language).

Phumade said:

the example i mentioned to you is CL7, and the winning have worst char than 355, doesn't that mean 355 can do what lower can do, i do not have game data.

maybe the players with char level 355 at CL8 or CL6 LOL

how about your bracket, what top10 char looks like? which CL are you?

Let me be explicit.  They are going to scl 6 its because they think they can take T1 (this is the emotional reason why they do to win, and it has nothing to do with the rewards).  If they can't even win T1 in scl6,  I can promise you they are getting beat soundly in scl7.  People want to be in a brackets and clearance levels that they can WIN, not brackets that they know they will lose. 

3.  There are groups that aggressively track when brackets flip and more importantly what rosters went where.

4.  Shard = one of the 5 different time slices.  In each shard such as 3.8 (slice 3 clearance level 8) there will be multiple brackets.  At least 4 to 5 separate unique brackets exist for that  slice 3 clearance level 8 shard.  All of these brackets are tracked formally and informally depending on your alliances' dedication.

---  This is to say,  the line community at large has a Very Very good understanding of how many T5 slots are available in EVERY Time Slice,  Every clearance level (especially scl7 and 8), and every bracket flip for that clearance level.

5. Sandbagging = Winning a bracket at a higher clearance level and then purposely playing below that clearance  level.

Here is the difference.  That 365 5* player hasn't won his bracket at a higher clearance level,  your evidence is proving that he's losing to inferior rosters.  You can't say that he's unfairly dominating the competition when he's LOSING at that tier.

-----NOOOOO!!!!!!.  If a person is wining with an inferior roster, then by definition the other guy with 355 roster is DEMONSTRABLY worse than the player with the inferior roster.  That by itself is the proof why he should be allowed to compete in a lower tier.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    Phumade  oh mannnnnnnn

just to clear one thing, all this conversation is about PVE not PVP (PVE the story mode), are we on the same page here? are you talking about PVP????!!!  so there is no losing, just who clear node faster than others.

thanks for clearing the words shards and 
    Sandbagging  i am at the one that reseted before 3 hours and about 8 minutes ago, not sure which bracket, but i started late.

maybe players with 355 not trying hard in this bracket, i saw some with champed 5* not in top 10 (i think maybe champed 4).
  • Lucifier
    Options
     :)  :)   :)   :)   :)  :)  :)   :)  :)  :)   :)  :)  :)  :)   :)   :)  :)   :)  

• Phumade
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Phumade  oh mannnnnnnn

just to clear one thing, all this conversation is about PVE not PVP (PVE the story mode), are we on the same page here? are you talking about PVP????!!!  so there is no losing, just who clear node faster than others.

thanks for clearing the words shards and Sandbagging  i am at the one that reseted before 3 hours and about 8 minutes ago, not sure which bracket, but i started late.

maybe players with 355 not trying hard in this bracket, i saw some with champed 5* not in top 10 (i think maybe champed 4).
    these points are applicable to both pve and pvp.

There are plenty of people who play overpowered rosters in a casual manner. If people want to play casual and slow that is their prerogative.  The only time is is an issue is when they are winning and dominating at those lower levels.

We don't even need to address the question of what a 5* 355 char is equivalent too in 4* terms. We aren't even at the threshold issue of winning the lower brackets
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts here about folks dropping down levels, however, in the Prodigal Sun event, at SCL8 only 4 out of the top 10 players are at level 5* and one is still mostly 4* but has 2 covers for Thanos' passive black. The rest have a lot of champed 4* though. Back when I played SCL7 in a previous event I made it at no 3 and I'm still transitioning to the 4* tier.

While it does make sense for players to drop down levels, I haven't seen that many of them yet. As for coordination to take ALL top spots, it's just not happening.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In terms of strength, a champion 5* (450-ish) is roughly equivalent to a permanently boosted 4* (with much better match damage, better health, and as illustrated, roughly weaker power damage), which is again roughly equivalent to a boosted, max champion 3*.

Personally, I'm a rank 95 player.  I should definitely be playing in SCL 8.  I permanently play in SCL 7 because I'm a pretty casual player, and the hours of real time I save playing in 7 every week cannot be made up for with the meager increase in rewards jumping up to 8. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    LOL you are proving my point.
    My thoughts exactly.  This proves people dropping down aren't necessarily just defacto kicking lower range people out of the top ranks.  Working as intended.  Are we good to move on now?
  • beyonderbub
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Lucifier said:

I will admit that my 4x clear for this one took only 40 minutes. I came in 9th for my subevent bracket. I am probably also one of, if not, THE slowest of my alliance to clear. My buddies took 1st and 2nd for the sub and told me they only took 22 and 23 minutes to clear. We used different characters because we have different rosters. Also I play in a way to preserve my health packs for PVP, so I cleared PVE sub last night without using one health pack. so however I played, it was in a slower fashion than most of my peers but by using 5*strange/4*gamora/4*grocket, it came out to 40 minutes. Remember that I can't throw out 10K nukes from the start of each match. I have to build up to it. If I get a bad board or am repositioning strange not to take hits cause the dummy tanks every color, that takes time as well. Switching to 3thanos/oml/ devil dino or rulk or some meat shield for the 3 easy nodes takes time as well. yeah I don't know where I can trim my moves to cut my time in half but my average time is 40-50 minutes; maybe I can try using boosts but I'd be using up my ISO that I earned for the PVE nodes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Lucifier said:

I will admit that my 4x clear for this one took only 40 minutes. I came in 9th for my subevent bracket. I am probably also one of, if not, THE slowest of my alliance to clear. My buddies took 1st and 2nd for the sub and told me they only took 22 and 23 minutes to clear. We used different characters because we have different rosters. Also I play in a way to preserve my health packs for PVP, so I cleared PVE sub last night without using one health pack. so however I played, it was in a slower fashion than most of my peers but by using 5*strange/4*gamora/4*grocket, it came out to 40 minutes. Remember that I can't throw out 10K nukes from the start of each match. I have to build up to it. If I get a bad board or am repositioning strange not to take hits cause the dummy tanks every color, that takes time as well. Switching to 3thanos/oml/ devil dino or rulk or some meat shield for the 3 easy nodes takes time as well. yeah I don't know where I can trim my moves to cut my time in half but my average time is 40-50 minutes; maybe I can try using boosts but I'd be using up my ISO that I earned for the PVE nodes.
    Don't use boosts, it's not worth it.
    The difference between 22 minute clears and 40 minute clears is Thanos, no way around it.
    I'm cutting through the goon+2 tile mover nodes like butter with Thanos Strange.
    It does take health packs, but not more than 2-3 for end grind and initial grind.

You can't compete with 22 minute clear times without your own Thanos.
  • beyonderbub
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Don't use boosts, it's not worth it.
    The difference between 22 minute clears and 40 minute clears is Thanos, no way around it.
    I'm cutting through the goon+2 tile mover nodes like butter with Thanos Strange.
    It does take health packs, but not more than 2-3 for end grind and initial grind.

You can't compete with 22 minute clear times without your own Thanos.
    Preach on, brother. This assuages the inferiority complex a little, but yes I have to concede that I need 5*Thanos
  • Lucifier
    Options
    beyonderbub said:

so however I played, it was in a slower fashion than most of my peers but by using 5*strange/4*gamora/4*grocket, it came out to 40 minutes. 

Switching to 3thanos/oml/ devil dino or rulk or some meat shield for the 3 easy nodes takes time as well

OK, just test this, one time in one node, try the hardest node:

5* doctor strange, 3* thonas (5 cover black), and another high health/match damage char, maybe low ap ability with damage, if you test it, please tell me how it goes. (in this example 3* thonas most likely will not get hit).

and see how fast you can clear it.

and if you want to use boosts, remember you don't need to use boosts on all nodes, or at first 1 or 2 node hits.

• beyonderbub
    Options
    I'll try it tomorrow on end grind and time it. Tonight's end grind took 30 minutes and the next subevent 4x clear was 44 minutes