Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Options

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Head on the Hulk is a brutal fight. I now send in Scarlett Witch, Wasp, and 3* Captain America.

Get him stunned, keep him stunned. Easy fight.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    UPDATE:  Finished top 3 and 2 top 10 finishes before SCL scaling.  Afterwards, have not cracked the top 10 once and I am not in 7 or 8. So it has nothing to do with soft capping or playing too high for my roster. It has everything to do with the people with multiple 355 level 5 stars being in CL 6 finishing in 1st in like 20 min.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i suggest that, 5* can not be used in CL7 as example, 4* can not be used in CL6 as example.
    my best 4* char, have 4 covers only (not using 4* char, don't have 5* char) and playing in CL7 (if I have the event 4* cover form start, i can end up in top 20).

don't understand why player with 5* covers go down to CL6 the rewards is much better at CL8 or even 7 with worst placement.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    i suggest that, 5* can not be used in CL7 as example, 4* can not be used in CL6 as example.
    my best 4* char, have 4 covers only (not using 4* char, don't have 5* char) and playing in CL7 (if I have the event 4* cover form start, i can end up in top 20).

don't understand why player with 5* covers go down to CL6 the rewards is much better at CL8 or even 7 with worst placement.
    Players with huge rosters can still drop and use their lvl 370 4*s in CL7.

CL9/10 is the answer, not some half-baked roster limiting idea.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    Rod5  said:  Players with huge rosters can still drop and use their lvl 370 4*s in CL7.

true but at least they will not go to CL6 with 5* or 4* char.

Rod5  said:  CL9/10 is the answer, not some half-baked roster limiting idea

I agree with you that is much better solution (and i think they mentioned before CL9 is coming soon), yet still I think even with these new CL, put some Char level limitation to the CL will be the best solution.

* same idea as deadpool daily, some you can only use 1* char, some 2* and lower, some 3*  and lower, and so on. *

even tho i don' t get it why 5* char players go to CL6, neither progression nor placement rewards is better, even with better placement.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:

even tho i don' t get it why 5* char players go to CL6, neither progression nor placement rewards is better, even with better placement.
    They do it to spend less time playing Story mode because clears go much, much faster.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Rod5  said:  Players with huge rosters can still drop and use their lvl 370 4*s in CL7.

true but at least they will not go to CL6 with 5* or 4* char.

Rod5  said:  CL9/10 is the answer, not some half-baked roster limiting idea

I agree with you that is much better solution (and i think they mentioned before CL9 is coming soon), yet still I think even with these new CL, put some Char level limitation to the CL will be the best solution.

* same idea as deadpool daily, some you can only use 1* char, some 2* and lower, some 3*  and lower, and so on. *

Reasons why they go:
    Trivialized clear times. They still get the same mission rewards, and they get them faster.
    Less competition from other tier 5 players.
    They actually coordinated with other tier 5 players in the time slice so that 10 of them are in SCL8, 10 in SCL7, and 5 in SCL6 so that they get the legendary cover rewards (this is common coordination in PVP).
    It's a character release and SCL6 still has release covers through top 50.

A lot of tier 5 players are more about PVP, so losing stuff by dropping down in PVE is less important than having extra time.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    aesthetocyst said:

If the same effort that would get you top 50 in 8 gets you top 10 in SCL 6, and the top 10 scl6 rewards are comparable or better than the top 50 rewards in 8, well then the valuation says don't bother with 8, go to 6.

i can not say for 100%, but i do not agree with you about the rewards.

there are 2 types of rewards (progression rewards and placements rewards (daily and end of event for player and for alliance)).

i think we all agree the progression rewards in CL8 is much better than in CL6 (for once i don't think there is 4* cover in CL 6 progression rewards, not to mention better iso and CP, and maybe HP).

as for placement reward i think top 50 in CL 8 is better than top 10 in CL 6, it might also be top 50 in CL7 better than top 10 in CL6 (i can not confirm that but need to check it before a new event start to have a look at it).

the funny thing for example in CL 7, the alliance daily reward for rank 101-250 is better the than the rewards in rank 50-100 (for the same CL both CL7), i post a new suggestion with calculation check it:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67105/alliance-daily-rewards-in-pve-story-mode#latest
  • Lucifier
    Options
    zodiac339 said: 

and 5 in SCL6 so that they get the legendary cover rewards

does CL6 gives 4* cover in progression reward, if not then what is the point to fight to top5 for a 4* cover, while easily can be got in CL7 progression rewards.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    maybe there are going for the daily CP reward in CL6
  • Lucifier
    Options
    aesthetocyst

i kinda understand your point, but for example my best char i am using in CL7  in 3* char level 174 (and i clear all nodes 4 times in 1hr and 40 minutes +-), well at the point i have 5* char of level 355 or something (that mean i also have a lot of 4* champed).

logically clearing CL7 will be much much easier for me, and i doubt it will make that big difference in effort comparing to CL6 (read the the first page of this post), i will post it here for the hardest node:

CL6: enemy level 160-220
    CL7: enemy level 185-245

for CL8 there is a jump: enemy level 230-330

i can understand why someone get out of CL8, but why would go to CL6 not CL7 (with 5* char level 355)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    Then how will people complete the 4* essential node in CL6 and below?
  • Lucifier
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Lucifier said:
    Then how will people complete the 4* essential node in CL6 and below?

well they can remove this node, that will be another reason why high level players will not go down in CL (which will effect alliance rank).
    also i mentioned that as an example, there are many solutions they can think of.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    logically why would be a requirements in CL 1 or CL 2 for a 4* char or even a 3* char, clearly it is for very early stage of the game.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    aesthetocyst [repeating itself]:
    Lucifier [repeating itself]
    Jeebus, man, I told you once, I tell you again: placement rewards.

Whether it makes sense to you or not that's why strong 5* rosters show up in 6 and 7.

Lower level rosters may step down to save time and heals (and place higher).... For instance my alt qualifies for 7 but gets destroyed by that scaling;if i wanted to play it seriously Id go 5 ... But for very strong rosters even cl8 scaling is speed bumps. They are going lower to place higher.

the conversation was why 5* player of level 355 shows in CL6 (not CL7).

Lucifier said:

i can understand why someone get out of CL8, but why would go to CL6 not CL7 (with 5* char level 355)

CL6: no 4* cover in the progress rewards
    CL7 and CL8 there is 4* cover in progress rewards

CP in CL6 is less than in CL7 and CL8, the same goes for iso and HP.

a player with 5* char of level 355, i think they care about cp and 4* covers more than other things.

as for placement rewards in CL6 only top1 get 4* cover, top2-5 do not get 4* cover.

well i am still newbie in this game, maybe they see things that i can not see.

thanks for reading.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:

a player with 5* char of level 355, i think they care about cp and 4* covers more than other things.

a 355 5* isn't competitive for placement rewards in scl7 or 8. 355 is roughly equivalent to a boosted 280-290 4*. Thats what most 5* champed rosters grill CCs with. No doubt that player wants to be fighting for T5 in scl7, but as a practical matter they fighting to make 1200 and hold T25. Overall I'd call that a transitioning to 5* roster, and they would be the bottom tier of competitive scl7 players. Its no surprise they went to scl6.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Lucifier said:

a 355 5* isn't competitive for placement rewards in scl7 or 8. 355 is roughly equivalent to a boosted 280-290 4*. Thats what most 5* champed rosters grill CCs with. No doubt that player wants to be fighting for T5 in scl7, but as a practical matter they fighting to make 1200 and hold T25. Overall I'd call that a transitioning to 5* roster, and they would be the bottom tier of competitive scl7 players. Its no surprise they went to scl6.
    Not even neccessarily a transitioning 5*. I've seen plently of people pour ISO into 1 or 2 5*s while only having 1 or 2 Champed 4*s. 355 isn't a 5* player. 355 is a crutch.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    WOW i must be great to end up top 20 in CL7 story PVE mode with my best char is 3* level 174 then.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    WOW i must be great to end up top 20 in CL7 story PVE mode with my best char is 3* level 174 then.
    Congrats!!

Definitely so.  The top 1/2 of the 5* players goto scl8, and the bottom 1/2 of the 5* rosters goto to scl7.  Nothing mysterious or nefarious about that.
  • Lucifier
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Lucifier said:
    Congrats!!

Definitely so.  The top 1/2 of the 5* players goto scl8, and the bottom 1/2 of the 5* rosters goto to scl7.  Nothing mysterious or nefarious about that.
    and it make sense (i can understand that, check what i wrote before).

BUT the conversation was why 5* player of level 355 shows in CL6 (not CL7).

Lucifier said: