Doomed to never be happy about changes ?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Mach0maine
    Mach0maine Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I did not like vaulting but it was mainly because they kept making vaulted heroes boosted or essential covers and a lot of the time i simply did not have them. If they weren't essentials or rewards i couldn't afford to roster i would not have cared. Unfair to those playing from the beginning though.

Happy with the recent change, i just wished they separated the latest from the vintage 4 star covers. now i will have to save up and somehow buy 50 extra roster slots so I don't throw away that random Drax cover I've got 

I do not play as much anyways if you're not spending heavily or didn't start playing years ago the game is a waste of time.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revskip said:
    The new system isn't a terrible compromise.  I don't love it even though it actually will work out just fine for my roster because I have a thing about wasting covers and this will increase the necessity of hoarding for me after finally getting to the point where I didn't have to.  But it is workable and in the long run will help me more than it hurts me.  The same can't be said for everyone but I have a feeling that people who are singing its virtues now will figure that out once the unusable covers start adding up.  
    Sure. I've always accepted a certain amount of 'waste', partially because I can't stand having unopened tokens and partially because I'd rather have ~80% of those covers now rather than 100% of them later. I totally understand that this is only my opinion, that others may or may not share.

Oh, I should say, I do stop opening (legendary) tokens once I have a 14th cover on the vine. I will say that this change will cause me to have to stop somewhat more often as the previously vaulted 4*s I have laying around suddenly start climbing towards 13 covers (I have 6 at 11-12 covers as we speak, in addition to C&D and Gamora). Hopefully this will level out eventually as long as I can build up 360,000 ISO faster than a new 4* is released. :)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:

If I am resisting this change, its because I already know what it will be like.
    I promise you you don't. Just like you didn't know what vaulting would be like long-term, you don't know what this will be like long-term for yourself, others as a whole or the long-term health of the game. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal said:

Hopefully this will level out eventually as long as I can build up 360,000 ISO faster than a new 4* is released. :)
    This is exactly what I'm banking on. People can miss me with that "your progress is going to be seriously hindered!".  No, as long as I'm champing/making iso faster than they are releasing characters, then my progress will be fine.