Doomed to never be happy about changes ?

Options
D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
The latest announcement about vintage heroes earned quite a reaction. Before this, most of the people were against vaulting. Now that the vaulting is gone, they're still not happy. I think this community (or part of it) is doomed to never be happy. Usually it's ok to be sceptical, but there is a limit. 

Now both vaulting and non-vaulting have their good points and bad points. Vaulting was good for people who didn't have any 4* champ, and it helped a lot into growing some of them. I personally have 6 or 7 4* champs since vaulting, and I would probably not be here without it. Maybe vaulting was intended from the begining to be a temporary solution, and maybe non-vaulting (yesterday change) is a temporary solution as well. Why do we have to be so negative about this changes ? The devs are surely trying to make things work for most of the community, and with time I'm sure they will come with even better solutions. 

But lets face it and be objective for one second: this change is probably for the better, rather than for the worse, for the most majority of the players.  

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree and I am actually happy about this change - the first change I am happy about for ages. I think the issue is that a better solution was proposed - to have latest and vintage tokens at the relevant levels so players can choose what they want (e.g. vintage 4*s in the same token as vintage 5*s) - and this wasn't adopted
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't really care about this change. I was skeptical about the vaulting so in general I like the solution. But the forum's reaction get's me angry. After 60 (whatever that number was) pages of complains and rage quits when vaulting was introduced I've expected a positive/neutral reaction. But no - the forum is screaming and crying again. So annoying.

I think the vaulting was bad for the meta in 4* land and this is where I play. You can see it best in the Simulator where everybody is using the same team because of powercreep and the fact that the latest 12 had more champ levels on them. I hope this update changes it a bit. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Magic

A lot of the people that complained in the original thread then tried out how vaulting affected their roster and saw that it was actually a positive change that helped cover new character quickly, get bigger champs and so on. Doubly helped by having Carol, the best 4, grow faster, as well as Medusa.
    So now that they are in the pro-vault camp, they complain from that side.

oh and the whole unannounced changes and reducing pull rate of Latest by 50% and adding a crippling extra ISO debt for many people (as well as an HP debt for newer players).
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Skrofa said:

And what do they do?
    DILUTE THE TOKENS AGAIN!

Did they?

Before vaulting, chances for any pulled 4* to be a certain character were slightly above 2% and dropping further and further.
    After vaulting, chances for any pulled 4* to be a certain character rose to a constant 1/12, no matter how many characters were released. However, it also meant you only ever got 12 characters.
    Now, chances for any pulled 4* to be a certain character are a constant 1/24 for 12 characters and around 1% and dropping for the rest of characters.

No matter how diluted the 4* pool gets, you'll always have a viable path to champ 12 characters at any given time.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tell you what - if they (or us - my Carol is lvl300 already thanks to vaulting) liked the vualting this should have been communicated to the devs. Say another thread 2 months after the vaulting with 45 pages of people saying they were wrong to complain and now they like it. 

I guess the devs wouldn't care either way. Maybe the HP sales for slots were down? Maybe the whales who max covered the latest 12 started to complain that non-whales with max champed 4* are challenging them? Maybe people were getting ISO-positive (staying ahead of release curve)? Whatever it was - the decision was made and "this one shall pass too". 

Me personally - I am more interested in solving the scaling issue in PvE or improving the PvP or adding new content to the game (the latest boss event was fun). Vaulting or no-vaulting - meh!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had no champ 4s. I still have no champ 4s. I'm elated because the 4s I wanted to get the one with the winfinites and cool team names were all vaulted.  Oh wow, riri, miles and Venom are awesome lets call them the useless ones.   No its all Peggy this, and red hulk that, iceman and prof x. All vaulted. They took out everyone of the great 4s and left us with most of the ones they had to boost to make decent.  Two of the favored 12 were just boosted because they did not match up at all with other characters.

I would rather spend 1000 more days getting characters I want, then spend then next 100 days getting the underpowered new characters they hoist upon us.
  • CaptainFosco
    CaptainFosco Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to Baby Groot and Vulture. They'll now take twice as long to cover. Yeah, I'll get fewer Agent Venom and Mordos, but now we have to champ everyone. I thought bonus heroes were great for vaulted characters, and that's how I finished off Cyclops, PunMax, Thor and Iceman. 

Although I must admit that my roster is such that I can do every Crash of the Titans, so I wasn't hit so hard by the vaulting. 

It would have just been so easy for them to have two tokens. One like this, one with just the latest 12. It's so simple, it just adds to the frustration. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree and I am actually happy about this change - the first change I am happy about for ages. I think the issue is that a better solution was proposed - to have latest and vintage tokens at the relevant levels so players can choose what they want (e.g. vintage 4*s in the same token as vintage 5*s) - and this wasn't adopted
    I always hated that 'solution' when people suggested it, people have different wants from 4* and 5* so tying the two together was a bad plan when the simplest option would have been bring back the original tokens alongside the latest 12 tokens.

Taking this approach would have allowed people to choose which type of 4s and 5s they wanted and it is not like the LT pages are too full when they only have a single token each on their pages unlike the 3 on most of the others.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Peggy... eh. Not sure where she stands now.

Peggy gets shredded by Grocket's Strike tiles.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Peggy... eh. Not sure where she stands now.

Peggy gets shredded by Grocket's Strike tiles.
    Ah, yes, thank you.
    I knew there was something :)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Some people praise, some people complain, some people freak out, and some people offer constructive criticism. Welcome to the Internet.

And for the vast majority of us here, this is a product we pay for, you damn right we're gonna say something whenever D3 hits us with a sledgehammer.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If they would actually listen to the player base than everyone could be happy. They need to separate Latest and Vintage and offer both at the same time. With things back the way they are, my ISO deficit just quadrupled with all the Vintage 4* back in packs. Went from only needing 2 more Latest 4* to champ to now needing to champ the 8 or 9 Vintage 4* I had at 13 covers that I just ignored when Vaulting was introduced. They better increase ISO flow now or have some double ISO events very soon otherwise I'm gonna be hoarding for a very long time trying to save up enough ISO for everyone.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People here sure are vocal, and that's true. We are a passionate bunch! Generally a big change like this will be good for some players and not great for others.

For me personally, I like it and prefer it over the full vaulting, because I like winning champion levels for my older 4*s and all 3*s.

I think one of the biggest issues people have is lack of advance notice. A lot of people hoard tokens and open them all on a specific day, so it's nice to give them a choice to open before or after the change, instead of just surprising them and taking away that choice.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's some sort of twisted amusement to be had from the Monkey's Paw-like way the devs respond to player feedback. There were probably at least a handful of better solutions (for both the players and the business) to the vaulting dilemma, but they went beyond King Solomon and full-on cleft the baby in two.