Vintage Characters Returning to Packs! (7/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wait. What?! I'm tired and this has confused me. I've been hoarding for quite a while.  I was aiming to blow the lot when sl leaves 4th Sept.  Probably about 4k cp and 170 odd ledge.

I would pull from the latest 25 cp a pop pile. Does this now mean that instead of the latest 12 4 stars I will be pulling from the while lot er ....54? 

Or has that not changed? or it has and there is slightly higher chance for the latest 12 from the latest pack?

I may cry whatever the answer. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love the change! I've already been hoarding until I finish champing the 4* that I have fully covered. 30 4* champs and 14 more fully covered. Only 3 of the fully covered are latest- Riri (she will be done this weekend), Mordo, and Sandman. When I'm done with all the fully covered ones I have MK at 4/3/5, Bucky at 2/5/5, War Machine at 3/3/5, KB at 5/2/3. C&D, Gamora, and Vulture are undercovered as well. When I pull my hoard near the end of the year I should be fully covering everyone and adding champ levels to nearly ever character. Yay!!! And since bonus heroes still seems to be in place I'll leave my shield sim team as my 3 BH 4*. Not exactly the solution I was looking for, I think a 3rd vault would have been the way to go, but I think this is a great compromise!!!
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opened my stored 30 LT's after this change as a test...

Ended up with two covers for characters that were covermaxed but not champed (one vintage, one latest), 8-9 levels for characters I'm still covering (3 Vultures, all blue, making him 0-1-5, boo)  and a bunch of champ levels for characters who haven't had new champ levels in forever. I can champ SPider-Gwen and Gamora before their covers expire now that we're back to regular PvE events. One five-star and one bonus hero, so thanks, RNG.

So overall, gotta say, these odds happen to suit my current roster really well. Can't say it's an ideal solution, but it works for me. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Feels like a very solid compromise. Well done.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BTW, I expect this change with 3*s means we will have more variety in the season PVPs.

But not holding my breath on 4* reward changes favoring vintage characters more in Story events than the current one per 2 weeks.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    broll said:
    At one point @Fightmastermpq told me to be careful what I wish for.  On this day I guess I have to say you were right sir.  I regret ever complaining about vaulting as this seems worse...
    You can't possibly make that assumption already. It's been live for what a few hours? Give it a chance, still have better odds on the new releases, can finally make progress on older characters, and they haven't *yet* rolled back bonus heroes. Seems like a great compromise
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    BTW, I expect this change with 3*s means we will have more variety in the season PVPs.

But not holding my breath on 4* reward changes favoring vintage characters more in Story events than the current one per 2 weeks.
    I hope your right on the season pvps, more variety is always nice
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Please email @Fightmastermpq and reinstate from the "banned" list because I'd love to hear the take on this  :D
    Ehhhh, we're good.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had to laugh.

Overall, like this idea, or will like it.  I made a pull from Latest after beating Galactus in the Crash and now have a 1-8-1 Nova. Gimme that sweet 1k ISO.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ugh I was really starting to get into the groove of vaulting , have 10 of the latest champed and was looking forward to getting to no wasted covers.
    I have a ton of vintage 4* fully covered that I have no desire to put iso into , not thrilled about this, like everything else I`m sure I`ll adapt but kinda bummed out.
    I would have much preferred separate tokens for vintage and latest giving people some ability to build their roster as they desire.
    I have no problem with all the 3 stars being in packs , I like that 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No net change for me at this moment; any 4*s pulled just go to champ levels. Any earned from progression or placement, same. Will see in a month if the previously vaulted champs catch up to latest champs. Also will note how long it takes to cover mockingbird and vulture vs the one week it took to fully cover gamora and grocket after their respective releases
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So far I am applauding this change. 
    Sure the 1 good thing about vaulting meant a decently strong Carol Medusa and blade by now, compared to the rest of your roster. 
    But I really enjoy playing with many more characters than the latest 12, and building up the roster as a whole. 
    If, many months ago, we were presented with a choice between the vaulting system, and this new method, I guarantee the voting would be very strongly slanted toward this current new system.
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    This is a great change. I don't want to understate how great a change it is. Yet, I get the feeling that I and many others who hang out around here are bordering on obsessive compulsive when it comes to roster planning because we hate wasting covers. In fact, for some of us, this game basically boils down to a game of Minesweeper, where wasted covers are mines. 

The biggest problem that I had with vaulting was that it forced me to rethink how I level characters. I was reluctant to give up on leveling vaulted characters because I had already invested so much into them and had a plan to finish them with minimal covers wasted. Even so, a vaulted character no longer had any upside, so I converted to leveling only the latest 12. I have been using bonus hero covers to shore up vaulted 4*'s who lacked in covers, and in the 4 months since vaulting was introduced, I've gotten Spider-Gwen, Miles, War Machine and Bucky pretty well-covered.

Now I have issues. Ghost Rider (day 970 reward) means he has to be champed next. Hobofist (as a fully-covered latest 12) is after that. If I don't immediately start hoarding covers I could expose myself to wasted covers on all fronts. That way lies madness...

Should I just get over it?