Vintage Characters Returning to Packs! (7/27/17)

Options

Comments

• salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks very much for update after i open one LT and 20cp  -__-
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    broll said:
    At a glance I don't like this.  We want choice not RNG.  How hard is that to understand?  And now you've derailed my long-term planning again with a half backed solution.  Why do I bother paying for VIP?
    Can't help but agree. Being reminded of 48 or so 3* and then over 50 4* reminds you how bad it is to get a color you want. Not to mention good champ rewards are now more out of reach than ever. (Don't say BH fixes champ rewards, it doesn't happen enough to matter)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It also adds 8x 350,000 ISO to my deficit as I'll need to Champ those poor remaining unchamped 4s before pulling my hoard in October.. and diminished my odds at covering Sandman, Vulture and any other new coming.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know how good or bad this is, but atleast we now have access to vintage characters.  I've been contemplating dropping some few-covered vintage 4*s in lew of some 2* farm hands.  I figured, hey, I'll never get these covers anyway.  Now I might be able to finish off, Iceman, Cyclops, RHulk, etc.

I figured with all the complaints about vaulting, people would be optimistic for this change.   
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is what comes from D3 coming up with solutions to problems they don't understand. Latest tokens should still be Latest characters. Classic should be older characters.

Instead we have a greater chance of getting a Vintage 4* in Latest tokens than a Latest character... 39 vintage characters vs. 3x (pull rate) of 12 latest characters.
    So much for 5* players trying to get competitively leveled new  4* that could survive against 5* scaling.
    So much for 3*-4* transitional players getting those Latest 4* (or ANY 4*) fully covered. These things have literally become more than twice as hard now.
    My understanding is you have a 50/50 chance of getting a heroic or a vintage.
    The way it is now 39 vintage vs 12 latest means the odds are roughly 3x greater odds at receiving a specific latest character vs a specific vintage character..
    These odds will increase as the vintage pool increases.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    It also adds 8x 350,000 ISO to my deficit as I'll need to Champ those poor remaining unchamped 4s before pulling my hoard in October.. and diminished my odds at covering Sandman, Vulture and any other new coming.
    Why did you mention Sandman? Do you actually want to cover him?
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Awesome, now I can get covers for my vintage backlog

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I just spent 240 CP on 2 Ice Man covers (because how else was I going to get 2 usable purple covers). If I had known this change was coming I would have pulled from tokens instead.
    Don't feel too bad about it. For every 75 LT pulls that give a 4*, you'll get one Iceman cover now. 12 covers would have been nice, but probably wouldn't be his, and he's good to have finished. (Currently saving up 120 to avoid wasting a blue.)
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love this solution. 3x odds on new covers and a chance to get older covers again and still getting bonus covers. Its wonderful.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly dont know how to feel about this.... 

I'm pretty sure there were better options than this....  IE New vault and classic vault..... 

Guess i will have to see how it plays out
  • DreadPirateW
    DreadPirateW Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is what comes from D3 coming up with solutions to problems they don't understand. Latest tokens should still be Latest characters. Classic should be older characters.

Instead we have a greater chance of getting a Vintage 4* in Latest tokens than a Latest character... 39 vintage characters vs. 3x (pull rate) of 12 latest characters.
    So much for 5* players trying to get competitively leveled new  4* that could survive against 5* scaling.
    So much for 3*-4* transitional players getting those Latest 4* (or ANY 4*) fully covered. These things have literally become more than twice as hard now.
    My understanding is you have a 50/50 chance of getting a heroic or a vintage.
    The way it is now 39 vintage vs 12 latest means the odds are roughly 3x greater odds at receiving a specific latest character vs a specific vintage character..
    These odds will increase as the vintage pool increases.

Agreed... but this still makes it twice as hard to get a Latest cover than it was before. So anyone pulling tokens will have to pull twice as many for the same number of Latest tokens. I was wrong in saying it has become more than twice as hard now... it has become EXACTLY twice as hard, when it should have made both Vintage and Classics easier by splitting them apart.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For once a change that probably hurts most hoarders vs. benefiting them.  I don't think it was the best option, but at least it will make those once vaulted characters more relevant again.  The best solution would to simply have made a 20 CP (or better yet 15CP) vaulted character legendary token and give players the choice.  

I opened 2 LT tokens and 6 classic tokens and received: 1 5* Doc Ock (blue), 1 5* Purple Thanos,  1 green Sandman, 1 Purple C&D, 1 Purple Ant-Man, 1 Purple Elektra, 1 Blue Iceman, and 1 Green Iron Fist - the only one I can't use yet is the blue Iceman as I need a purple cover for him at 5/5/2  - also received a bonus hero Peggy cover
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I applaud this change and feel better about the game and the companies behind the game. My horde of 1 - 2 cover 3s and 4s thank you. Please give whomever made this decision an atta boy.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not a fan of this. I liked being able to ignore my unchamped classic 4*s and only spending iso to champion the latest 12 4*s. Now I'm going to want to champ more 4*s to avoid selling covers for unchamped characters.
    This change was also probably for monetary reasons too as well as for the game itself. They realized that newer players will want to collect the older vaulted characters too which means more HP for roster slots and more draws needed to complete any given character.  All that adds up to more potential revenue in their analysis too along with a way to combat the vaulting complaints.