*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xforce Yellow is board shake-up as well.
    Wow... kinda hard to see it in the same context as the other 3, but yeah, I guess you would have to call a board-shakeup in the most minimal sense possible.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Xforce Yellow is board shake-up as well.
    Wow... kinda hard to see it in the same context as the other 3, but yeah, I guess you would have to call a board-shakeup in the most minimal sense possible.
    I don't know about others but I personally cast my yellow as soon as I get it and either let it sit or match it myself. Usually it's me just matching it myself near the start of a match if the board has a lot of starting yellow. I cast it as the last skill in my sets but I generally start with She-Hulk red when its available.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know exactly how her red is randomized? Are the 16 tiles just distributed completely randomly across the bottom 4 rows in spikes, or is there some guarantee such as say, there will always be 1 column with a 4 tile spike destroyed?
  • Does anyone know exactly how her red is randomized? Are the 16 tiles just distributed completely randomly across the bottom 4 rows in spikes, or is there some guarantee such as say, there will always be 1 column with a 4 tile spike destroyed?

It's definitely weighted toward the bottom row but I don't know how the spikes are formed exactly.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Does anyone know exactly how her red is randomized? Are the 16 tiles just distributed completely randomly across the bottom 4 rows in spikes, or is there some guarantee such as say, there will always be 1 column with a 4 tile spike destroyed?

It's definitely weighted toward the bottom row but I don't know how the spikes are formed exactly.

The algorithm I'm thinking is that for each tile, assign it to a random column (cap of 4 tiles per col). Once all tiles have been assigned, if N tiles were assigned to each column, you destroy the bottom N tiles of that column. I dunno if this is how it works in practice though, since theoretically this could result in exactly 2 tiles destroyed from each row, leading to exactly the bottom 2 rows getting destroyed.

What might be the case is that it goes something like this: pick 2 columns to destroy 3 tiles, pick 5 columns to destroy 2 tiles, pick 1 column to destroy 0 tiles to get it to always look spikey, but who knows. Can a dev comment on how it exactly works?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    At level 5 the bottom row is completely eliminated. At other levels I believe there's a specific number of tiles from the bottom row that are destroyed--e.g. at level 1 there are always 4 connected tiles destroyed on the bottom row (note: exact number is a guess; may or may not be factual). Beyond that, I believe it's completely random up to a maximum of 4 tiles per column.
  • I think the 'spikes' are connected so you're not going to have a pattern that destroys say tile in the 2 & 5 position on row 2 and then destroy the tile in the 3 & 4 position in row 3. Although this is just an eyeball thing it seems like it destroys the bottom row and then picks 3 'spikes' as the columns to destroy.
  • Now, I may be remembering this wrong, but did her blue ability once affect all special tiles? I got really excited about how powerful that was, only to find it only affected three. So, to me, she was once a good character who got nerfed. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she was never good.

Anyways, the point is, now I know her red has been nerfed. The tiles destroyed no longer do damage. Was this necessary?
  • She-Hulk's powers have never changed. Blue has always affected only 3 tiles. Red has never done damage for the tiles destroyed. (I agree that should be fixed, though, since that's the only damaging tile-destruction ability in the game that does that.)
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    With my experience, I can say the 5 red patron is one "4-spike, two "3-spikes", one little "2-spike" and four with "1", aleatory distribution. Total 4+2*3+2+4*1=16

Samples:

000000X0
    00X000XX
    00X0X0XX
    XXXXXXXX

0000X000
    0X00X0X0
    0X0XX0X0
    XXXXXXXX

Bottom row is allways destroyed, and the next bottom row a 50%
  • Now, I may be remembering this wrong, but did her blue ability once affect all special tiles? I got really excited about how powerful that was, only to find it only affected three. So, to me, she was once a good character who got nerfed. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she was never good.

Anyways, the point is, now I know her red has been nerfed. The tiles destroyed no longer do damage. Was this necessary?

Blue needs to be at level 5 to remove CDs.
  • What if green retooled like this:

Pro Bono - Green 9
    She-Hulk works her teams case tirelessly for free but she has to eat. Defeating opposing counsel, she gets her fee from her clients winnings. Reduces one color of the enemies' AP reserves to zero. Add 20% of that color to team AP reserve.
    Level 2: Add 30% to ap reserve.
    Level 3: Add 40% to ap reserve
    Level 4: Add 50% to AP reserve
    Level 5: Chose the color to reduce to 0

This makes more sense as a purple power so maybe power or attorney becomes green and this is purple for a purple, blue, green user?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Why would you change Power of Attorney from red to green? Have you tried playing She-Hulk with Patch or X-Force or even Storm. Those are my favorite teams to use She-Hulk in, and they work great because PoA (her best ability) is red and can have great synergy with those other green abilities. Either you get cascade generating moves on green and red both, or you get to follow Berserker Rage with an AoE plus potential cascade.

OK, that aside, I like your idea for changing her green power. If it happened I'd be torn on what build to choose, as I've gotten used to be able to affect CD's with Settlement. For initial use at least. icon_e_smile.gif
  • All I am saying is that a retool of green could change color, because most of the ap "steals" are purple. This would keep the power consistent with other steals. Since this would be a hybrid deplete and steal who knows. Green does have a few ap affect powers too (ares green transfer comes to mind)
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    She is super easy to fix. Leave green but lower the cost to 9, and with Blue you need the ability to create tiles if the amount is not met, this is what is also needed for Falcon. In other words, if there are no special tiles out, then She-Hulk will create what is needed to give the player 2 strike tiles and the enemy 1. Just like Falcon should create strike tiles if there are 2 or less, they don't have to be very strong tiles, hell you could make it strike tile value of 1, but at least you can start building it up. That's the problem with some of these requirment skills, which while I do like them, you need to have them build their requirments if they aren't met, and with the new Eletrka coming out and her Purple as well has requirments. I have no problem with D3 giving us **** versions of the tile they create so that it is better to wait for the requirments, but here's what I would do.

Settlement - Blue 9
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Replaces up to 2 random Protect, Strike or Attack tiles with Strike Tiles distributed between you and the enemy team. If there are not enough tiles, She-Hulk will create strike tiles for you but at 1/2 strength. The deal is in your favor - Friendly Strike Tiles are strength 12 and Enemy Strike Tiles are Strength 7, unless tile count not met, then friendly tiles are strength 7
    Level 2: Increases Friendly Strike Tiles to strength 17 or 8
    Level 3: Replaces up to 3 Tiles (Odd tiles are always Friendly)
    Level 4: Increases Friendly Strike Tiles to strength 23 or 12
    Level 5: Can also replace Countdown Tiles
    Max Level: Up to 3 Tiles of strength 139/44 or 70 if special tile count not met
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    First post needs a update, the damage and health at max level is for old lvl141, not 166.
  • I think if her green did double the amount of healing or perhaps even created a strength tile it would be a decent skill.
  • akiratang wrote:
    I think if her green did double the amount of healing or perhaps even created a strength tile it would be a decent skill.
    She still wouldn't be good as she doesn't have true healing and only has 1 damaging power (which is decent but will only take you so far). Also, her health is good so she can be used to tank damage for your better chars
  • Mattfal wrote:
    akiratang wrote:
    I think if her green did double the amount of healing or perhaps even created a strength tile it would be a decent skill.
    She still wouldn't be good as she doesn't have true healing and only has 1 damaging power (which is decent but will only take you so far). Also, her health is good so she can be used to tank damage for your better chars

If green buffed to true heal but just healed her would be maybe usable, i take back the strength tile maybe a protect tile instead would be nice.
    I think her red is good but i wish it included the tiles as dmg it destroys, its probably a potential 8-900 extra dmg. I dont think it needs to hit all enemies maybe just the target takes the extra tile dmg but the other the regular 1644 dmg.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Hey All

Miles from Demiurge here to let you know about some new character updates that are coming soon to Marvel Puzzle Quest.

She-Hulk (Modern) - Coming 4/17/15
    She-Hulk also has a wide variety of powers. Her Blue power was overly complex, and useful only in very specific situations, and the power to give her team a burst of health doesn’t really fit into her comic book persona. We’ve updated both her Green and Blue abilities with the goal of making them simpler and more useful.

Old Max Health: 10,200
    New Max Health: 10,710

bluetile.pngSettlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP - OLD
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Replaces up to 2 Protect, Strike or Attack tiles with Strike Tiles distributed between you and the enemy team. The deal is in your favor though, as Friendly Strike Tiles are strength 27 and Enemy Strike Tiles are Strength 16.
    Upgrades:
      2. Increases Friendly Strike Tiles to strength 38. 3. Replaces up to 3 Tiles (Odd tiles are always Friendly) 4. Increases Friendly Strike Tiles to strength 51. 5. Can also replace Countdown Tiles. MAX LV 5: Friendly Strike Tiles are strength 164 and Enemy Strike Tiles are Strength 52.

bluetile.pngSettlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP - NEW
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly selects up to 2 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 27.
    Upgrades:
      2. Friendly tiles are improved by 32. 3. Friendly tiles are improved by 38. 4. Selects up to 3 Tiles (Odd tiles are always Friendly) 5. Friendly tiles are improved by 59. MAX LV 5: Friendly tiles are improved by 191.

greentile.pngReprieve - Cost: 12 Green AP - OLD
    She-Hulk charges into battle, catching her foes off guard and giving allies a chance to rest. Reduces one of the enemy’s AP levels to 0, then heals all allies for 137 HP.
    Upgrades:
      2. Also cuts a second AP color by 25 percent. 3. Gives allies a burst of 192 health. 4. Gives allies a burst of 290 health. 5. Also cuts a second AP color by 50 percent. MAX LV 5: Gives allies a burst of 922 health.

greentile.pngFurious Charge - Cost: 6 Green AP - NEW
    She-Hulk charges into battle, catching her foes off guard and causing them to stagger backwards. Reduces one of the enemy’s AP levels to 0, and reduces a second AP color by 25 percent.
    Upgrades:
      2. Reduces a second AP color by 35. 3. Reduces a second AP color by 50. 4. Reduces a second AP color by 75. 5. Reduces a second AP color by 100.

redtile.pngPower of Attorney - NO CHANGE

[Extracted from original post. It and further discussion on the change can be found here].

Original post:

She Hulk just got a buff. Anyone else excited?