Unpopular Opinion: Needs cycling a nerf?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    both 1 & 2
    shteev said:
    rafalele said:
    I think that this poll is ended. No new ideas.
    That's the second time recently someone has declared a discussion over.

That's not how a forum works.

I said good day sir! 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Volrak said:
    rafalele said:
    It DOES NOT harm any player because IA cannot manage Cycling (if IA could you use it my opinion should be quite different).
    There are different kinds of harm, and I hope I can explain a perspective you may not have appreciated yet.

Different players love different things about the games they play.  For some, it's the challenge of competition, and their progression in their ability to overcome that.

In its current form, cycling removes both the challenge and the progression.  It's obvious how it removes the challenge.  It removes the progression when new cards don't materially improve your decks' performance, so they become kind of irrelevant.

When a game closely resembles "push a button to win" (only more like 100 buttons), such players start questioning why they're spending their time going through the motions of a solved challenge over and over again.  Making up their own challenges (e.g. trying to perform as well using a weaker non-cycling deck) could be an option, but that would no longer a challenge of competition; it would be an artificial self-imposed constraint. 

So the harm is to the motivation of such players to play the game, and in many cases the player base has or will just lose them.

Can you imaging trying to win any event battle (also training grounds) being a new user. Cycling could help new users to improve their chances and motivation and so to learn to love this game.

You can always forget about cycling cards and try other ways to win. Let the rest of us decide what to do.

I disagree. I think new players will learn little from
    cycling that will still be usable when cycling rotates
    out of standard.

HH
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    both 1 & 2
    rafalele said:
    shteev said:
    rafalele said:

Have you read the rest of my post?
    Naah, I didn't bother. There are no new ideas being expressed here after all.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It is perfect as it is
    shteev said:
    rafalele said:
    shteev said:
    rafalele said:

Have you read the rest of my post?
    Naah, I didn't bother. There are no new ideas being expressed here after all.
    Nice, at last you have understood. ;p