resources, getting ripped off??

Comments

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    LOL...so according to CS it is a "SALE" for certain customers only!  No  where do I see sale, ( as many others have posted).
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    chris0001 said:
    LOL...so according to CS it is a "SALE" for certain customers only!  No  where do I see sale, ( as many others have posted).

Interesting, if this is the new way of doing sales, then their marketing wizards can save other companies a whole ton of money...  They should try selling their bleeding edge approach, big consulting fees to be had...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Daiches said:
    Brigby

Is this going to be addressed soon? Because when prices raised 10% for us Euro iOS users, you guys said there was nothing you could do to rectify this lopsided situation vs other platforms/regions. 
    And now we find out you have the ability to give random Android users a permanent 25% increase in goods. Which is exactly the thing that could have countered the price hike.

I'm starting to feel like a Steam user here.
    Apologies, but all I know is that these are players that are being offered unique sale opportunities. I unfortunately do not know the criteria for these offers.

When it comes to iOS, Apple is responsible for any price adjustments on their devices; we do not control those prices.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby

Is this going to be addressed soon? Because when prices raised 10% for us Euro iOS users, you guys said there was nothing you could do to rectify this lopsided situation vs other platforms/regions. 
    And now we find out you have the ability to give random Android users a permanent 25% increase in goods. Which is exactly the thing that could have countered the price hike.

Apologies, but all I know is that these are players that are being offered unique sale opportunities. I unfortunately do not know the criteria for these offers.

When it comes to iOS, Apple is responsible for any price adjustments on their devices; we do not control those prices.
    Well, then maybe offer the players that are getting ripped off "unique sale opportunities", so that each $ corresponds with equal amount of resources.

This is just one more way in which you allow the balance of the game to be shifted. 
  • MissChinch
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby

So is this just an Apple thing that D3/Demi doesn't have control over, or is this a purposeful change initiated by D3/Demi ? 

I thought it was not confined to just Apple, but mentioning it (and specifically how you have no control over how Apple switches prices) in an answer to why we're seeing these price changes makes it look like thats what you're blaming the price discrepancy on... 

Were any of the price discrepancies posted in the thread due to Apple unilaterally adjusting prices?

• Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    Daiches said:
    @Brigby

Don't worry, this will be addressed right after the Bonus Hero exploit users have been punished.
    Which will be addressed right after clearance level 9 opens up.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby

Maybe I'm wrong here but the purchase price is not what is the question here....it is the amount of the HP which is being offered in the stark salary, (20,000 vs 25,000 for the same purchase price).  How is apple responsible for something which is coded in the game?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby

So is this just an Apple thing that D3/Demi doesn't have control over, or is this a purposeful change initiated by D3/Demi ? 

I thought it was not confined to just Apple, but mentioning it (and specifically how you have no control over how Apple switches prices) in an answer to why we're seeing these price changes makes it look like thats what you're blaming the price discrepancy on... 

Were any of the price discrepancies posted in the thread due to Apple unilaterally adjusting prices?

Ah! Apologies for the confusion. I was specifically referring to the 10% price increase for European iOS users that Daiches mentioned.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Wow there are some shady practices going on by Demi/D3 here.

Charging same price for different amounts of the same digital good on the same platform in the same geography.

Shaddy shaddy practices - guess you guys saw the level of cheating in the game and decided you wanted some of that 'who cares about fairness' vibe for yourselves
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby

I really would like to know why these specific "players" are getting the "unique sale opportunity", are they whales, are they friends or family of d3, are they testers to see if they buy or not, i know brigby said he doesnt know the criteria for the selection but i am rather curious.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'm being offered the better deal.

I am not a whale. I currently have VIP (I think I'm on my third month of it), and have made two previous HP purchases, but none since I started VIP.

Theory 1: it's to try to encourage me to spend more/again.
    Theory 2: RNGesus.
    Theory 3: oops - did we accidentally release that?

Whatever the reason, it stinks.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    granne said:
    I'm being offered the better deal.

I am not a whale. I currently have VIP (I think I'm on my third month of it), and have made two previous HP purchases, but none since I started VIP.

Theory 1: it's to try to encourage me to spend more/again.
    Theory 2: RNGesus.
    Theory 3: oops - did we accidentally release that?

Whatever the reason, it stinks.

I'm being offered the lesser deal.

I am not a whale. I currently have VIP (have done it since it started) and made several HP purchases, but none since I started VIP.

If they targeted you with the better deal, why not me?

Definitely stinks.

• MissChinch
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Daiches said:
    Brigby

Ah! Apologies for the confusion. I was specifically referring to the 10% price increase for European iOS users that Daiches mentioned.

Thanks, I was being overly pessimistic and not giving you/demi/d3 the benefit of the doubt...  Thanks for clarifying, sorry for the insinuation.
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Hmmm, as a frequent spender (someone who also likes sales) I honestly don't think it would change my spending habit on starks 20vs25.  I have slowed down considerably but I do still buy 5-10 starks per month.  When there is a sale (anniversary/holiday/etc) that is advertised then I do buy more but I don't even look at the hp amount.  I buy my starks using Amazon coins so I feel like I'm getting a good deal there.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
     Hey @granne, I'm purely curious, were you given any sort of notification that the amount of HP you would get for making a purchase was increased? An email or in-game communication of some sort? 

For me personally, I rarely access the store, so unless I was specifically notified, I probably wouldn't even notice a difference. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Nope, nothing. I noticed because I notice numbers, but the fact that there was no message, and no-one else had mentioned it made me think I was imagining it.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any of you fly commercially? You've either paid less or more than the person sitting next to you for the same seat type and flight.

Any of you bought a new car? You paid less or more for the same year and features than the person that bought just before you. The dealership charged either more or less for the same exact car.

Are 1st time customer discounts unfair? 

If you guys think D3 invented different pricing for the same goods to different people you guys are in dreamland. It's called capitalism. Amazon does it too, they know people's spending habits.

Even supermarkets do it - "Just For U takes their past six months of shopping history (as captured by their club card) and uses it to build a shopper profile specific to him or her."

Appears that since we can do an @brigby this game makes us upset at something we are ok with in most of our other consumer interactions.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any of you fly commercially? You've either paid less or more than the person sitting next to you for the same seat type and flight.

Any of you bought a new car? You paid less or more for the same year and features than the person that bought just before you. The dealership charged either more or less for the same exact car.

Are 1st time customer discounts unfair? 

If you guys think D3 invented different pricing for the same goods to different people you guys are in dreamland. It's called capitalism. Amazon does it too, they know people's spending habits.

Even supermarkets do it - "Just For U takes their past six months of shopping history (as captured by their club card) and uses it to build a shopper profile specific to him or her."

Appears that since we can do an @brigby this game makes us upset at something we are ok with in most of our other consumer interactions.

The other examples you give are upfront about it and don't try to hide this fact.

Shopping example is a savings card rewarding long time buyers (not applicable here since bonus is given w/o rhyme or reason, see examples above), car purchases have negotiable pricing with dealer (not applicable here), airplane fares are frequent flyers rewards or deals (not applicable since not a sale) or different seating (that would be buying an Asgard over a Stark, so not applicable). And we also know it's definitely not first time buyers rewards (see posts above).

All we ask is for them to be fair. Don't screw over customers. If you are going to advantage some players over others, be up front about it. Announce sales for limited groups of players ( This week only all new players on Android that have purchased HP once, but not on the last month and can curl their tongues can get an extra 25% on purchases If they do so while hopping on one leg.)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm, as a frequent spender (someone who also likes sales) I honestly don't think it would change my spending habit on starks 20vs25.  I have slowed down considerably but I do still buy 5-10 starks per month.  When there is a sale (anniversary/holiday/etc) that is advertised then I do buy more but I don't even look at the hp amount.  I buy my starks using Amazon coins so I feel like I'm getting a good deal there.  
    :jaw drop emoji: