resources, getting ripped off??

taz1977
taz1977 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

@brigby or any other devs

can you tell me why im getting less resources than other people for same money, I thought store was supposed to be same for everyone

my wife and I both play,both on android and both normally buy same amounts of resources, the only difference in our accounts are

ive played 972 days , shes played 929 days

my roster is more advanced as I play harder

ive bought v.i.p 3 times after it launched

yet if you look at what were both getting offered there is a big difference especially a stark (5k hp)

I have asked a few others and they get the better deal too

so is anyone else getting this rip-off store or is it just me ??

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Why are you getting the Stark Salary of 20,000HP for (converted) 20 euros cheaper than me? You lucky dude.
    I AM THE ONE GETTING RIPPED OFF.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    My 20k coins is with 99.99 gbp Looks like yourboth better of than my prices :(
  • Daiches
    Arix90 said:
    My 20k coins is with 99.99 gbp Looks like yourboth better of than my prices :(
    Those weren't gbp £? My Euro cost for a Stark is 110€. That's even with 99 GBP.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, would like to know that as well. Different regional pricing is one thing, but offering different products within the same region seems particularly insulting to users.

Is this another of their infamous A-B tests?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @taz1977. First off, I just want to provide you with this FAQ page that might explain a little bit of what you might be seeing: Why am I seeing different store offers and pricing than others?

It's possible that your wife might be encountering a temporary sale offer, whereas your account may not have been selected for it. When it comes to the varying prices in different countries, it's possible that currency inflation plays a role in that.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    We had a guy in our alliance ask about the same difference in resources some weeks back.  He was the only one of the 20 of us.  Sounds like another A/B price testing where they're not going to tell us it's happening and just pretend it's not.
  • Daiches
    Warbringa said:
    Steam player here.  Mine has always been 20,000 for a stark salary at $99.99 US dollars.  When there is a sale, it clearly marks it as a sale, with slash marks through the amount of HP (or iso) you would receive under normal conditions and then shows you the bonus amount of iso.  What the OP is showing doesn't seem to be the normal format for a sale that I have seen before.  Maybe its different with other platforms but I believe for everyone it always has shown a clear sale pricing before.  This is very weird and the values shown on the gf phone don't seem to equal out to what a normal sale is.

Sales are also always clearly marked when they happen on mobile. It is for me on iOS anyways.

Could be from deleting and reinstalled through Amazon Underground app for a buy with cheaper Amazon coins, then delete/reinstall again on Android. There's used to be a bug there that gave Android players a new player bonus on purchases, but that was supposed to be fixed.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Stealth pricing test to see if people are going to use it...   questionable move considering almost no one will notice if they don't say something about it... 

How hilarious/awful would it be if they "tested out" putting retired 4*s in classics, didn't tell anyone, then when there wasn't a big uptick in classics being pulled, assumed that people didn't want it.

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi @taz1977. First off, I just want to provide you with this FAQ page that might explain a little bit of what you might be seeing: Why am I seeing different store offers and pricing than others?

It's possible that your wife might be encountering a temporary sale offer, whereas your account may not have been selected for it. When it comes to the varying prices in different countries, it's possible that currency inflation plays a role in that.
    Yeah, I gotta call this out. When there's a sale it's very clearly marked as a sale, with the normal value slashed out, like Daiches said. This isn't that.
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Good find OP.  Thanks for the update.  I had no idea this was going on.  Seems like another A/B testing without any notice. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is A/B testing I wish they would realize how terribly underpriced ISO is.  100,000 for $100 is still not worth it.  I'd rather them leave HP where it is and double or triple ISO.  156,000 or 234,000 ISO for $100 is way more reasonable.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    If it is A/B testing I wish they would realize how terribly underpriced ISO is.  100,000 for $100 is still not worth it.  I'd rather them leave HP where it is and double or triple ISO.  156,000 or 234,000 ISO for $100 is way more reasonable.

The scary thing is they've had the option to buy ISO right next to the option to buy HP for the same amount of real money...  I'm guessing if they saw sales of one dry up they'd adjust price...  the fact that haven't makes me sad for the people forking over money for ISO...
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    I've seen a LOT of variance in store pricing.... stark as an 18k with 20% bonus in the Google Play store, regular pricing in the Amazon Store install....

It's A/B testing to make sure they're getting the most decisions to transact at the most profitable points possible for them, nothing more, nothing less.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    I've seen a LOT of variance in store pricing.... stark as an 18k with 20% bonus in the Google Play store, regular pricing in the Amazon Store install....

It's A/B testing to make sure they're getting the most decisions to transact at the most profitable points possible for them, nothing more, nothing less

Stupid quoting on mobile...

The problem with that rationale is it's all profit.  It's not like they have to mine the crystals or mint the coins.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Okay, I hate that they're doing this, but I'm so glad that someone posted about it. I'd noticed last week (I think - I'm not good at keeping track of time) that my store offers seemed to be more HP for the same price, and was starting to think I was imagining things. I don't look at the store very often, at least not on purpose.

With the HfH store, at least the different price points offered different resources, this does not. I realise that currency conversions and OS differences cause some disparity in prices, but to offer two people in the same country, using the same platform, two different prices for the same product isn't testing. I could say what I think it is, but I don't want to see my kitty avatar behind bars.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    maltyo9 said:

It's A/B testing to make sure they're getting the most decisions to transact at the most profitable points possible for them, nothing more, nothing less

The problem with that rationale is it's all profit.  It's not like they have to mine the crystals or mint the coins.
    Sales on Steam vs. Play Store vs. Amazon Appstore have different paythrough to Demiurge and D3; there's definitely a differnece in profit.

Similarly, it costs serious cash to have development staff and pay licensing costs.

Yes, there's no physical goods to deliver but don't make the fundamental error of assuming that the digital goods have no production cost, just a (nearly) fixed production cost. (Traffic spikes can have notable cost since they're hosting the game servers on AWS).
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    maltyo9 said:

Sales on Steam vs. Play Store vs. Amazon Appstore have different paythrough to Demiurge and D3; there's definitely a differnece in profit.

Similarly, it costs serious cash to have development staff and pay licensing costs.

Yes, there's no physical goods to deliver but don't make the fundamental error of assuming that the digital goods have no production cost, just a (nearly) fixed production cost. (Traffic spikes can have notable cost since they're hosting the game servers on AWS).
    All true, but since OP states that both of them play on android, that's not what's happening here.

I also play on android and I am suddenly offered more for my money than I was before.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope D3 chooses the right thing and compensate any past purchases, so players wont have a bad feeling realising they get less for the same money
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I used to have the same offer as the OP from the first day I started playing this game until a few weeks ago, than it changed to the better one. I thought it was a price update everyone was getting and was linked to the rise in the price of the Heroes for Hire store. I didn't get any refunds for my (few) previous purchases and I'm not holding my breath for any.