resources, getting ripped off??

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    FAQ clearly explains: "We do what we want."

Since the game is run right now by financial department it makes sense. If they can track users who made less purchases recently (compared to previous months), they might reduce prices just for them or drop something extra for the same money.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if this applies to other countries, but in Canada, IOS charges tax on top of the price and Google Play does not.  Google used to be cheaper too.

Unfair and unreasonable pricing is just another reason to go FtP.   So finished giving money to these people.
  • taz1977
    taz1977 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    Hi @taz1977. First off, I just want to provide you with this FAQ page that might explain a little bit of what you might be seeing: Why am I seeing different store offers and pricing than others?

It's possible that your wife might be encountering a temporary sale offer, whereas your account may not have been selected for it. When it comes to the varying prices in different countries, it's possible that currency inflation plays a role in that.

after some investigation ive found a lot of uk ppl also buying through same googleplay store getting the better offer than me and no its not listed as a sale this is plain and simply d3 ripping off customers.

the previous a b testing on heroes for hire could be justified as different prices gave different resources.

the resources is a store and should be treated equally to everyone who buys from it and should only differ in regions where currency conversion is different.

best example of this is if we were both to walk into the same supermarket with same money im only given 2 pints of milk yet others get 4 pints of milk for same price.

that is not a special offer or a sale just plain and simple extortion of certain people.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    taz1977 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi @taz1977. First off, I just want to provide you with this FAQ page that might explain a little bit of what you might be seeing: Why am I seeing different store offers and pricing than others?

It's possible that your wife might be encountering a temporary sale offer, whereas your account may not have been selected for it. When it comes to the varying prices in different countries, it's possible that currency inflation plays a role in that.

after some investigation ive found a lot of uk ppl also buying through same googleplay store getting the better offer than me and no its not listed as a sale this is plain and simply d3 ripping off customers.

the previous a b testing on heroes for hire could be justified as different prices gave different resources.

the resources is a store and should be treated equally to everyone who buys from it and should only differ in regions where currency conversion is different.

best example of this is if we were both to walk into the same supermarket with same money im only given 2 pints of milk yet others get 4 pints of milk for same price.

that is not a special offer or a sale just plain and simple extortion of certain people.

Agree. This is messed up. Why do some people get 25% more than others at the same price point? It's bad enough they can't even offer the same per currency value to each individual, but giving some an extra advantage on top of it is just plain wrong.

@brigby, Please take steps immediately to rectify this (by which I mean 25k HP per Stark for everyone. It's long overdue).
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Just to muddy the waters more

• Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Wow I never look at the store unless I accidentally hit the icon until reading this post. I play on two devices. An iPad and android phone. A Stark on my iPad is 20000 HP for $159.99 (Australian) and on my android phone a Stark is 25000 HP for $133.99 (Australian) 

I can somewhat understand there may be a price different due to different companies conversion policies but the difference in quantity is unacceptable. If I was an apple only user I would be outraged that I was paying a lot more for a lot less.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    There's only one way to send a message that this kind of pricing policy is unacceptable: Vote with your wallets. That's the only kind of message that's sure to get a reaction.

Not that I was going to buy anything from the store anyway (the offers are only worth anything for new players who need hp for slots and whales who don't mind paying 50 bucks for a 40pack), but combined with the nerf to Bonus Rewards (compared to Shield Intercepts) this is reason enough to also let VIP expire.

Anything you say or do in these forums isn't going to change a thing. There was a very negative reaction to the A-B testing they did with HfH and they didn't give the tiniest of kittens about that.

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    taz1977 said:

Respectfully, I don't think this is the best analogy.  I'm just speculating but I'm guessing that they're adding an incentive to non-spenders.  I see the analogy more along the lines of your previously mentioned supermarket sending a coupon in an e-mail to someone that they know has their rewards card but never buys milk, offering them a buy 2 pints, get two pints free.

I agree, I'd like to see that offer given to everybody and yeah, it kind of blows for the people that are already buying the milk but I'm less outraged by it.  Maybe it's just years of cynicism.  I guess the answer is to buy your milk somewhere else until you start getting the teaser offers as well. 
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Roland113 said:
    taz1977 said:

Respectfully, I don't think this is the best analogy.  I'm just speculating but I'm guessing that they're adding an incentive to non-spenders.  I see the analogy more along the lines of your previously mentioned supermarket sending a coupon in an e-mail to someone that they know has their rewards card but never buys milk, offering them a buy 2 pints, get two pints free.

I agree, I'd like to see that offer given to everybody and yeah, it kind of blows for the people that are already buying the milk but I'm less outraged by it.  Maybe it's just years of cynicism.  I guess the answer is to buy your milk somewhere else until you start getting the teaser offers as well. 
    In my case though, I buy VIP and have bought HP on occasion.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Stark salary & the Mother lode are extortionate with a capital E.
    All purchasers of the said items I'm afraid you need your heads testing. 
    For the same price you can do your weekly shopping. #justsaying 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I'm disgusted by this but not surprised in the least. I take back my comment on another post that I wish MPQ would get their **** together before we lose the game entirely. Now I just don't care.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

Everything about this company is extremely shady lately. I'm glad I quit spending six months ago.

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Its irrelevant to me, I wouldn't spend $100 USD for 250,000HP, but now I'm curious... 

Has anyone been told if this is adaptive pricing or if its just a market test that they felt would be more accurate if they didn't make an announcement about it ?

I guess I set the bar lower than most, I believe this falls well within the demonstrated window of horrible execution we've seen of late.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    taz1977 said:
    Brigby said:

TBH this totally happens.  Prices are certainly set different from region to region.  In addition to this there are sometimes variations from store to store in the same region.  There are also difference on if you are a rewards member or buy in bulk or blah blah blah.  You might say well they're in the same store.  Are they?  Digitally each phone is it's own store.  Even though they are same OS, same region, same currency doesn't make it same store.

All this to say pricing is weird most places and it's rare that something costs the same for everyone.  Ultimately it's the store that sets the value and the customers decide to buy for it or not, this is no different than that.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like more honesty and transparency but I don't expect we'll see it.  
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    If it is A/B testing I wish they would realize how terribly underpriced ISO is.  100,000 for $100 is still not worth it.  I'd rather them leave HP where it is and double or triple ISO.  156,000 or 234,000 ISO for $100 is way more reasonable.

Conversely, I hope ISO is never priced at a point I'm tempted.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Roland113 said:
    taz1977 said:

Maybe, but in that case, they should mention that the coupon is only temporary, not permanent. If I get used to getting more resources for less money, I'll never buy for a higher price; if the price increases, I might regret not having bought something when it was cheaper. "Sales" are the best incentive for lower income customers or those willing to spend less, but it must never be permanent, otherwise the increase becomes a rip-off.

As for selling more expensive to different customers, it's definitely wrong, but it's the nature of the beast. I read an online article recently about a different game and their strategy was to get folks (some, at least) addicted, then get as much money from the most addicted customers as possible. They also sold at higher prices to those who spent more money in the past- this strategy is due to the fact that a small number of people create the bulk of the income and they have to be milked as much as possible, the rest being more or less fillers.  Just like with gambling or any other (legal) drug.

As a player though, I can't agree to this. Maybe I'd do the same if I were part of their marketing department, but as an outsider, I think it's just wrong.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Is this going to be addressed soon? Because when prices raised 10% for us Euro iOS users, you guys said there was nothing you could do to rectify this lopsided situation vs other platforms/regions. 
    And now we find out you have the ability to give random Android users a permanent 25% increase in goods. Which is exactly the thing that could have countered the price hike.

I'm starting to feel like a Steam user here.