Booster Crafting Delayed (6/22/17)

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    With so many people saying "I'm gonna quit if booster crafting sucks!" I don't think they are in any hurry to implement it. 
    So start saying I am going to quit if booster crafting isn't implemented?
    Why not? It's as good as any other threat lobbed at them.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Because it won't do anything. Is it really that hard to wait to ensure a quality product? I know I would like to have an update blog on progress and ideas from the devs letting us know where they are on a feature. I also know they didn't want to tell us much about the crafting system because they expected us to rage into the wind when they changed things. And they were right, they changed the date, one of the only things they told us, and we raged into the wind, howling impotently at the forums and they never told us anything more because they saw that we can't handle any form of change.
  • Mainloop25
    edited August 2017
    Guess what, I agree with you. @TheDragonHermit
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Im ready to rage when i learn we wont be able to craft specific cards or that it will take unobtanium to fuel the crafting engine.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Gormhaus said:
    Im ready to rage when i learn we wont be able to craft specific cards or that it will take unobtanium to fuel the crafting engine.
    So you are thinking they might require two different currencies to work? They have a tough enough time balancing the many currencies they already have, mixing them would just add another nightmarish fold to the system. I would suspect they will just leave it at the new currency only but it will likely be at a loss. But who knows, maybe it will use runes, a much more useful currency than unobtanium IMO, I would thank them for something useful to do with that purple junk.
  • Mainloop25
    There's no way they are going to let you craft specific cards. It's right there in the name : Booster Crafting. At best it will let you craft a pack from a small pool, like the elite packs. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no way they are going to let you craft specific cards. It's right there in the name : Booster Crafting. At best it will let you craft a pack from a small pool, like the elite packs. 

Highlighted most important part. 
  • Mainloop25
    All I'm saying is, lower your expectations, play this game more casually, and you will have more fun overall... 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Yeah. I'm hoarding to nowhere but hoarding dupes all the same. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    I'm thinking if they allowed specific card crafting they
    could add the finished crafted card to an event such
    as the fs event so that you had to show that you
    are worthy before being given the card. this will help
    limit the cards actually in players possession so
    players will need to decide carefully which card they
    want to work on for that week.

HH
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    That booster crafting was delayed a week before going live, meaning the system was already created. So why delayed it for seal months? Unless d3 l
    All I'm saying is, lower your expectations, play this game more casually, and you will have more fun overall... 
    Stop spending, lower your expectations and play casually. It's the only way to enjoy the game and not feel violated. But this is hard especially if you've invested so much
  • TheDragonHermit
    hawkyh1 said:
    I'm thinking if they allowed specific card crafting they
    could add the finished crafted card to an event such
    as the fs event so that you had to show that you
    are worthy before being given the card. this will help
    limit the cards actually in players possession so
    players will need to decide carefully which card they
    want to work on for that week.

HH
    Sounds a lot like you are asking for more story mode, you are just asking for more story mode aren't you. Nice try and I totally agree.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    More story mode! @bken1234
  • Mickleberry
    Mickleberry Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Gormhaus said:
    Actually, converting dupes into mana jewels with a contingency plan for dupes from elite packs might solve a lot of problems.

It would eliminate the need for a fourth resource, make unobtainium more, er, obtainable, and with the right system, eventually turn all those duplicate commons and uncommons into rares or better.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    More story mode! @bken1234
    Yes!!!
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    MADAFAKA said:
    That booster crafting was delayed a week before going live, meaning the system was already created. So why delayed it for seal months? Unless d3 l
    Stop spending, lower your expectations and play casually. It's the only way to enjoy the game and not feel violated. But this is hard especially if you've invested so much
    not really hard. I lost my alt account after updating to v2.2.1. I have put in about $700 into that account. It has more better mythic cards that my main account doesn't (Harness the Storm, Riskhar's Expertise, Deploy the Gatewatch, Grand Aurora, Pyramids off Patheons, etc). But I decided to let it go and not get it restored. The time/reward ratio is just too poor for me to play 2 accounts again. Prior to it getting locked out, I opened 12 280crystal origins premium packs for my alt account and received only 1 dupe mythic card in the 12th pack and 3 new rare cards.
  • Marcel
    Marcel Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    What about something like this?

http://imgur.com/gallery/iOMT5 (Click if you can't see the image above)

Rates wouldn't be hard and fast as labeled, but its a start...
    This charts does help visuallize a potential system. Good work 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

I like the concept but I think you are being a bit generous.  I mean, I have seen someone convert 100 duplicate mythics into runes before.  And literally hundreds of rares.  Regardless, maybe the levels are a bit high, but ultimately its a good take on a potential system that we will apparently never see.  Adios Hibernum_JC! 

• Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I doubt booster crafting will ever appear in MTGPQ at this point. Only if some other company purchases it and totally rewrites it will there ever be booster crafting. If it happens it won't be for a long time.