Options

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Uh oh.. Impending debate on what "a couple of months means" 
    As much time as it takes, I would assume. While I want crafting as much as the next person, I also want it to work correctly from the start. How is the game going to come back from everyone cashing in their hoarded dupes just to get an error and nothing else to show for it? If they screw it up, it's basically game over.

Now that we're being advised to continue holding onto our duplicates, can we get rid of the difficult-to-avoid convert button at the top of the cards inventory? Or at the vary least, add a, "confirm you want to screw yourself over" second layer of protection for when your finger slips?
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Now that we're being advised to continue holding onto our duplicates, can we get rid of the difficult-to-avoid convert button at the top of the cards inventory? Or at the vary least, add a, "confirm you want to screw yourself over" second layer of protection for when your finger slips?
    I have avoided that part of the application ever since they announced booster crafting for this very reason.  If I want to look at my collection, I just go edit a PW deck of the appropriate colours.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    babar3355 said:
    Uh oh.. Impending debate on what "a couple of months means" 
    As much time as it takes, I would assume. While I want crafting as much as the next person, I also want it to work correctly from the start. How is the game going to come back from everyone cashing in their hoarded dupes just to get an error and nothing else to show for it? If they screw it up, it's basically game over.

Or allow us to partially convert, like a card by card option.
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Booster crafting is the single most important development since the game's inception. My recommendation is to not spring it onto the community but rather begin a conversation. Gamers are used to spending money on their hobby but we expect a tangible unit of value in exchange for our money. This game currently has too much of a gambling quality with its inevitable feelings of remorse when the money is gone and there is nothing to show. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    WiLDRAGE said:
    DumasAG said:
    I have avoided that part of the application ever since they announced booster crafting for this very reason.  If I want to look at my collection, I just go edit a PW deck of the appropriate colours.
    Hi Everyone. As of the 2.2 update, there is now a confirmation button when you press the Convert Duplicates button.

Oh, thank goodness. I can stop freaking out looking at my card list for fear of tapping that nefarious button.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sarcasm on:
    Confirmation as in "you're going to convert cards to runes" or as in "you've just converted cards"?
    Sarcasm off
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Szamsziel said:
    Sarcasm on:
    Confirmation as in "you're going to convert cards to runes" or as in "you've just converted cards"?
    Sarcasm off

I think this is the fist time I saw you this sardonic @Brigby, I think I like it.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Szamsziel said:
    Sarcasm on:
    Sarcasm off

I think this is the fist time I saw you this sardonic Brigby, I think I like it.
    I try to suppress it when I'm on the forum, but sometimes it just slips out :p 
    There could be a copyright issue here.
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would feel more comfortable if they called it card crafting. I want to use duplicate cards (and cards only, not shards and crystals) to craft cards i am missing. I do not want to craft boosters that give me more dupes. The language is making me unsettled.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Gormhaus - they've already introduced 1 card booster so.... it's going to be technically "booster crafting". One card booster....

• deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gormhaus said:
    I would feel more comfortable if they called it card crafting. I want to use duplicate cards (and cards only, not shards and crystals) to craft cards i am missing. I do not want to craft boosters that give me more dupes. The language is making me unsettled.

Your concern is shared.  In fact, the track record of "strategic language" used in past update announcements would suggest that your concern is also well founded.
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Why not use these "expert/master"-decks in favour of the players for once and let us, at least, target and craft missing cards of those decks specifically. Not going to happen ... I know, just thinking out loud here
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    ElimGarak said:
    Why not use these "expert/master"-decks in favour of the players for once and let us, at least, target and craft missing cards of those decks specifically. Not going to happen ... I know, just thinking out loud here
    That was what I was hoping to do, if only because I don't like leaving things incomplete, but until I see how the crafting system works I am not going to let myself build it up. As far as I am concerned there will never be a crafting system, and cards don't convert to runes. That way, I won't be too disappointed it didn't come out as I have hoped, and I won't give in and just convert, though my PWs could certainly use the levels.
  • Koolmind
    Koolmind Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any News? @Brigby we wait since june 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With so many people saying "I'm gonna quit if booster crafting sucks!" I don't think they are in any hurry to implement it. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    With so many people saying "I'm gonna quit if booster crafting sucks!" I don't think they are in any hurry to implement it. 
    So start saying I am going to quit if booster crafting isn't implemented?
  • Koolmind
    Koolmind Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So start saying I am going to quit if booster crafting isn't implemented?
    Good point