4-hour recharge timers

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I was very disappointed to read that Zeal refresh timers will now be 4 hours.

@Brigby When the original change was made to 8-hour refreshes in December, a lot of the community was very happy.

For example, in one thread discussing recent changes, here are some comments:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/617835/#Comment_617835
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/617864/#Comment_617864
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/617908/#Comment_617908
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/617931/#Comment_617931
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/617945/#Comment_617945

I don't have time to search for more, as my children are wanting to be fed dinner, but if this is a "bug" that's being fixed, then please ask the devs to reconsider the length of the timer, or ensure that there will be plenty of empty nodespace so that those of us with busy schedules do not cap out.

Comments

• murtagon
    murtagon Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Also consider keeping an 8 hour timer.  The event is already very time consuming.  Doubling the number of times we need to play a day is going to turn the event into a chore.  Which was another reason we were so happy with the 8 hour timers when they were introduced in December.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @madwren
    I took the time to review my notes from the developers, and this was a comment from one of them regarding some of the Trial of Zeal changes:
    It also will be lowered to 750 ribbons instead of 850, and with double the changes[sic] to attempt the encounters should be much more attainable.
    (Disclaimer: I am optimistically under the assumption that the word changes is supposed to say charges)
  • KoneIV
    KoneIV Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why is it only 4 hour or 8 hour timers? One is to short the other is to long why not find a middle ground, I suggest 6 hours but 5 would probably be good as well 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @madwren
    I took the time to review my notes from the developers, and this was a comment from one of them regarding some of the Trial of Zeal changes:
    It also will be lowered to 750 ribbons instead of 850, and with double the changes[sic] to attempt the encounters should be much more attainable.
    (Disclaimer: I am optimistically under the assumption that the word changes is supposed to say charges)

Interesting. I read it as "double the chances" to attempt the encounter, though I think there's no real difference between the two semantically.

Regardless, we had a good thing going with 8 hours and 450. I don't know why they think 4 hours and 750 is superior in any way.
  • Pcell777
    Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    They meant to say "double the grind", not "chance".  Prolly their auto-correct.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Allow me to add some constructive criticism and drama. Worst.     Decision.      Ever.  If I don't play my nodes before bed they will max out before I wake. How inconsiderate of the devs . 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gideon said:
    Allow me to add some constructive criticism and drama. Worst.     Decision.      Ever.  If I don't play my nodes before bed they will max out before I wake. How inconsiderate of the devs . 

Yeah they're basically reverting to how it used to be.  The events typically start around the end of my day so I don't get to sit down and expend charges for at least 12 hours.

In the past, I used to start playing when the boss health was already down to 50%.  I don't see why we are going back to that system.

We'll see what happens in practice though.  We've basically been given the most minimal amount of information, likely morphed due to the telephone game.  So only God knows what will actually happen at this point.

• jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Noooo not 4 hour recharges again... The grind in this game is massively increasing with every "tweak" they do... It's already hard enough to balance life and all the extra charges on things like EO and FiRF *shudder*. :( Please do not take 8 hour charges away from us........ Please... 
  • Leulia
    Leulia Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This event (especially the 3rd node group) is very time consuming. The old 8 hour/450pt formula is fine, please don't increase more grind to the game.

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fully agree with @madwren 4 hour recharge times provide real anxiety to this game, if your recharge goes in 10-20 minutes before you go to bed, You will put sleep first, IF you will sleep over 8.5 hours or if you sleep less and when you wake up you will not JUMP straight to burn charges. you are falling behind.
    If you want to provide a fix please increase number of battles in each node. You could do it by letting it DOUBLE or even TRIPLE charge.

1st charge - Yellow
    2nd charge (node has 3 yellow charges and next charge changes to orange)
    3rd charge red

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    please please please not the 4 hour  charges again.

I have to WORk and SLEEP and both of those activities take up 8 hours of my day each. missing one or even two refreshes will put me far far behind meaning I have to play when i wake up before I even get breakfast, play when i get off work before I go home and rush out my nodes before bed. (and yes there are other activites needing my attention there too)

the idea of the game is go be FUN, take your mind off stuff,and RELAX.  not feel like a substitute JOB.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to support all of you. I really liked the change from the 4 hour timer to the 8 hour timer (I even sent a feedback ticket to support to applaud them on the change :-)) I already have a job and don't need a second one.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    please please please not the 4 hour  charges again.

I have to WORk and SLEEP and both of those activities take up 8 hours of my day each. missing one or even two refreshes will put me far far behind meaning I have to play when i wake up before I even get breakfast, play when i get off work before I go home and rush out my nodes before bed. (and yes there are other activites needing my attention there too)

the idea of the game is go be FUN, take your mind off stuff,and RELAX.  not feel like a substitute JOB.
    Not to mention my 12 hour work shifts.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    D3, please change it back to 8-hour recharges!
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    8 hour recharges combined with not full nodes to start was one of the best changes you guys ever made.  Please don't throw that away!
  • mmraie
    mmraie Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4 hours refresh? oh god please don't let this be the new standard. this game already requires a LOT of game time to just play all the available nodes on a daily fashion.

doubling the ammount of weekend nodes makes no sense. please revert this back to 8 hours, this was such a sweet setup, and it pleased a large majority of your playerbase!
  • Mizzlets
    Mizzlets Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can't do this D3! why must it feel like you always screw the loyal fanbase? i have been playing since day one, summer 2015 and this is beginning to wear me down until i can't play anymore. it's like a chore but i manage. i love this community here and like my group. it's insane. i have a job, obligations, people who needs me....i can't do twice the nodes D3.
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Another loud NO! to 4 hour recharges. It's bloody ridiculous. I am probably not alone in already spending more time than I really should doing nodes both during weekdays and weekends. I can't afford to devote even more time.

I get that the maximum charges will also be increased (doubled?), so you can step away for a similar amount of time without losing/delaying charges. (Actually, I don't know where I got this part, and makes it even worse) I get that, for many, the bosses are too hard, making the events last too long or progression too difficult to attain, so you think this is going to help. It's not.

People who struggle will still struggle, and they will only attain progression if the total number of points to be earned is higher, that is, there are more matches to be played per event. This is probably what you're intending to do too, but in order to not have the event run into the middle of the following week and get killed off before the next, you just figured you'd refresh the charges quicker. But guess what, geniuses, those matches don't play themselves. They are played by us, and we don't want to play any more stinking matches than we need to. For those in top competitive coalitions, this means EVERY available node, beyond progression if necessary, before the boss health runs out, and with 4 hour refreshes, this is very likely in the middle of the night for some of us. This SUCKS. We like playing, but we like playing towards something meaningful, and events are already on the edge of not being so, after you nerfed rewards to oblivion. We already play enough. We don't want to play even more nodes and we especially don't want to have to wake up in the middle of the night to finish those last nodes at the whim of the bloody counter. 

YOU ARE RUINING COALITION PLAY WITH THIS.
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    FANTATIC.  Finally. I don't have to wait 8 hours before j get another chance to beat the gods.  Personally ...  best move ever.  I've been saying without the quick battle grind there just hasn't been enough to do in the game.  This brings it back.  So unlike the voices above.  Thank you 
This discussion has been closed.