R128 Release Notes (6/5/17)

Options
124»

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Isn't there a Amazing Spidey cover where he's trapped in an hourglass filling with sand, as part of a Sandman as villain story?  I couldn't find it googling just now but I feel like I've seen that image somewhere.  The clue reminded me of it.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    Arix90 said:
    Another marvel game just added medival spiderwoman
    Out of curiosity, is she from the 1602 stories or unrelated?
    1602 isn't set in medieval times though. Although I have no idea who Medieval Spider-Woman is.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:

What's Changed
    • Powers that allow the player to select characters (Like Black Panther (Civil War)'s power Panther's Prey) will now display the name of the opponents under the Icon to make selecting characters more accurate.
    Does this help when two characters have the same name? Would probably help more if it showed their health pool as well.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sandman seems like the best guess so far for a 4* release.  That being said, here's some optimism for you.  The clue also fits any of the time-displaced original x-men that we don't have yet, and to a lesser extent Cable, Bishop, or Rachel Summers.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The most disappointing result given this discussion would be another Spiderman. Ugh! Please let it be Sandman or a "new" character for this game.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe not actually time displaced but maybe just somewhat old and acts like it's a century ago.

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "i've come to bargain"  sound familiar
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "i've come to bargain"  sound familiar

Ooh, ooh, me sir, me sir!  It's Dormammu.  Though I would have thought it's a little late for a Doctor Strange-related release.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Felonius said:

Hey!  You guys are fixing a wave issue?  That's great news!  Thanks for that.  I wonder if this fix will resolve issues where I kill one foe in a wave, Thanos nukes the next two w/Court Death, and CStorm shows up in the next wave and casts Raging Tempest on me four times as happened in the last Big Enchilada I played... Or when I down the last foe in a wave with a critical match, and Teen Jean comes in on the next wave and hits me with her Psychic Feedback...  Well, I guess I'll wait and see.

I'm glad you guys are also putting in a fix for the Black Panther (CW) Targeting Goons issue.  Thanks, again!

Any update to these long standing bugs?

So the wave fixes in this update didn't resolve all the issues... I played Big Enchilada today with Thano5, dropped one of the first three and his Court Death kicked-in, which killed the other two and cycled in come new foes including 3* Captain Marvel who proceeded to immediately capitalized with her Energy Absorption three times and she wasn't even stunned by the Court Death.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Looking to spice up your “Marvel Puzzle Quest” roster with some classic Spider-Man villains? 
    I am sensing it may be a big summer for Spider-Man and company.

Two lines from the start of the Doc Ock release article. Combine with the clue.

"Trapped in time"

There's only one logical conclusion.

Holy butts, you were right o_o
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    missed opportunity a little, a hint like "exit light, enter night" would have been awsome.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    St1nkf1st said:
    missed opportunity a little, a hint like "exit light, enter night" would have been awsome.
    That should have been the Cloak and Dagger clue. Then a whole bunch of people would have been going "Sandman!" and been surprised by being wrong.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like a very nice bug-squishing patch.

It's nice to focus on maintenance and defects, and not always just the new hotness.  I know that developers rarely enjoy bug-fixes over new... so buy them a cookie... on me.  ;)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    St1nkf1st said:
    @St1nkf1st
    The original hint we wanted to use was "Off to never never land," but a quick online search of the phrase quickly squashed all hope of it being subtle enough to qualify.