Additional, or "Bonus", damage is being treated as a second attack. [By Design]

Options

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    looking at Kingpin's power description, he may actually be damaging Red Hulk twice
    so possibly working as intended (technically)

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, Burning Anger is working as intended. With Dr Kingpin's Proctology, the additional damage is facing the same bug as all the other powers with conditional extra damage. It's being considered 2 chunks of damage instead of one big one.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, the bug's not with Rulk but with Kingpin
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    Starfury said:
    Yeah, the bug's not with Rulk but with Kingpin
    It's not a bug it's just the power working as it says it does
    which by definition isn't a bug
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strike tile damage is also calculated separately on several moves with can cause multiple counters to proc
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah well, where I said earlier that this bug creating strike tiles that get removed immediately for extra damage didn't happen that often I have to retract that statement.

It would appear this happens a lot. And reading back that this has been reported first over two (2!!) months ago I must ask: Why has this not been fixed yet? I mean, come on. It says [Devs Aware] and all? Anyone?

Getting really tired of this bug, I'm starting to think that this leads to more Health Packs being used so it doesn't need any form of haste. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [Moderator note: OP was accidentally posted twice.  I have merged the two threads and deleted the duplicated original post.  -Dayv]
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We don't even know if it's a bug.  It's certainly a power boost for Daken, but is it intentional?

Has anyone opened a Customer Support case to report this to see what they say about it?
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    What they should say about it is "Working as Intended" according to his power description at least
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    While the way this attack resolves may match the description for Daken's Chemical Reaction, Sam Wilson's Dive-bomb is resolved in exactly the same way and this does not match the text for Dive-bomb: "Deals 2716 damage, plus 410 for every friendly Protect tile on the board." (as per my own Falcon)

So if there's one Protect tile on the board my Falcon's Dive-bomb should hit for 3126 but it does not. It hits once for 2716, then a second time for 410. This made the recent Clash even more frustrating than usual (Capt. Marvel is just built to destroy Falcon) because it meant Capt. Marvel's Energy Absorption was proc'ing twice from Dive-bomb, not once, so if I didn't one-shot Marvel with Dive-bomb, she'd fire two Photonic Blasts and it was game over, man, game over.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's affecting pretty much all powers that do more than one thing. I believe I recall a post from Tombstone specifically identifying this behaviour as a bug.

Although, now that I've gone to look for one... I can't seem to find anything.

@Tombstone Would be really great if we could get some clarification on this. An announcement probably wouldn't be unreasonable considering how many powers this affects and how long it's been around for
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, it does affect most (or all) powers with two parts. (leading to them double dipping strike tiles just like OBW's black does)
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Jaedenkaal I do believe that this is the post that you are looking for: http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/62413/3deadpool-life-of-the-party-not-blocking-damage-devs-aware#latest

As of this moment, all additional or "Bonus" damage is being treated as a second attack. While the original text does elude to this (And I thought it was normal based off how it's written), this is actually not normal functionality. All damage from an ability should be treated as single attack unless the ability states otherwise. 
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Guys, regardless of how you read Daken's ability, this is not how damage modified abilities work in any game. An ability is one source of damage, not multiple. 

The Flaptain vs Mrs. Marvel was terrible this week, I feel bad for people who kept dumping more ISO in to flaptain any trying. They should see who lost 10+ times and give them some compensation. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @Jaedenkaal I do believe that this is the post that you are looking for: http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/62413/3deadpool-life-of-the-party-not-blocking-damage-devs-aware#latest

As of this moment, all additional or "Bonus" damage is being treated as a second attack. While the original text does elude to this (And I thought it was normal based off how it's written), this is actually not normal functionality. All damage from an ability should be treated as single attack unless the ability states otherwise. 
    There we go. Phew. I was starting to think I'd just claimed it was a bug so many times I'd convinced myself :)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In "The Hunt", I was using Squirrel Girl in the third trivial node (at the bottom left of the screen) in the second sub (Florida).  With Bullseye and Daken still alive and three protect and two strike tiles on the board, I fired "Nuts From Above" targeting Daken.  The attack downed both Dark Avengers.  

While I personally feel Squirrel Girl should wipe out entire Dark Avenger teams in a single blow, I think her damage was overflowing in error.  Based on other times using the boosted Squirel Girl this event it did not appear the attack was doing team damage.

just FYI...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i'm seeing this too. not just with kp.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that when strongest colors match when using 4* Carol's Energy Manipulation that the damage is not being delivered to the enemy team?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oops. Found it. You can delete this, mods.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is not team damage, it's a known bug of some powers dealing damage in two steps. So SG had deal X damage and then Y for each special. X damage down daken, Y came later and downed bullseye