3Deadpool Life of the Party not blocking damage [Devs Aware]

Options
LemmingStampede
LemmingStampede Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
I'm using 3Deadpool in the Juggernaut Heroic, and I'm seeing that when Life of the Party triggers, most of the time 3Deadpool does jump to the front of the row, and the countdown tile does spawn. However, both 3Deadpool and the original character are taking damage from the attack, effectively doubling the damage being taken.

There were also a number of times against Juggernaut that, when he would do Headbutt, Life of the Party would not trigger for unknown reasons, even though the damage being taken was well over the amount required to trigger it.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Couple of things to keep in mind with Life of the Party, more to do with your second point.

0) LoTP won't trigger if Deadpool is already in front (seems dumb, but it's what there is)
    1) LoTP won't trigger on team-damage attacks (like from those HAMMER spies).
    2) LoTP won't trigger unless Deadpool has more health than the current target

As to why he jumps in front but the other target still takes damage... hard to say. Might help if you could explain what the damage source was. There are relatively few effects that could legitimately cause the experience you describe, though, so at first blush that seems like a bug.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It could easily be a variation of the bug where damage from strike tiles is counted as a second damage source, so it splits up how DP counts it when he jumps in front?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Ok well I've experienced this myself last night, more than once.

Kingpin used Wilson's Gambit, removing a CD tile, on Jean Grey. Deadpool jumped in front, creating a LoTP tile, and then they both took damage. I'm guessing Jean took one part and Deadpool took the 'bonus' damage from removing the tile. They both died, so that sucked. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone! The issue with "Bonus" or "Additional" damage registering as a separate attack happens to be a known issue and a fix is currently in the works.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Couple of things to keep in mind with Life of the Party, more to do with your second point.

0) LoTP won't trigger if Deadpool is already in front (seems dumb, but it's what there is)

As to why he jumps in front but the other target still takes damage... hard to say. Might help if you could explain what the damage source was. There are relatively few effects that could legitimately cause the experience you describe, though, so at first blush that seems like a bug.
    I noticed that when the AI used call the Storm on me with Jean Grey in Front Deadpool Jumped in took the target damage while Jean and X-23 took the non target damage
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

I noticed that when the AI used call the Storm on me with Jean Grey in Front Deadpool Jumped in took the target damage while Jean and X-23 took the non target damage

Yeah that's one of the situations where Deadpool takes the hit but everyone still takes damage. That one is intentional.