Nova: Strike tiles not applying to Rocket Man [Fix in R135]

Dimh
Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
edited September 2017 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
Rocket Man is currently doing the exact amount as displayed on the move, regardless of strike tiles on board.  This sort of defeats the purpose of the design of the character.

Of note:  using with Old Man Logan, have not tested (recently) without non-Nova strike tiles on board.

Comments

• DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Confirmed.  Here are more words to meet your stupid forum requirements.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, thought that was intended.  I am using him a lot this week, and have experienced this too.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just did a test with Prof X and Nova. While someone was airborne I buffed the strike tiles to about 500+ a piece for 6 on the board. When the enemy landed he did the base amount of damage w/o buffs. Last update broke a ton in this game.......
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Hey guys, there seems to be a few posts regarding this report. The problem is currently a known issue with the developers, and you can rest assured that they are currently working to resolve the problem. All we can do is be patient and wait for the update that fixes the issue. 
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    apparently this is a bug that existed when the character launched and then was fixed but has returned

it seems to be affected by any strike tiles
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    apparently this is a bug that existed when the character launched and then was fixed but has returned

it seems to be affected by any strike tiles
    So, the sort of thing that would have been caught by any kind of automated regression testing?

color me unsurprised. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017

@Tombstone, I'll second mpqr7.... Please add this issue with Nova to your bug list:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63790/bug-status-list-updated-05-12-17

Nova's one of my favorite characters to use, so this bug affects me frequently.  I sure would hope it gets resolved sooner, rather than later.  Any update?

• Felonius

@Tombstone, with Nova boosted as part of the Sandman release PvE, I'm using him a lot again and noticing this bug still isn't fixed.  Any chance of getting this resolved soon?  Or at very least added to your Bug Status List?

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apologies for that, saw this forum post before and could have sworn I had added to the list. Rest assured that the developers are still looking into this issue. 
  • Felonius

Thank you, good Sir! :)

• shwebsi
    shwebsi Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Still broken
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stillll broken, fellas. And it sucks because he's boosted this week.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    If for some reason the underlying bug is totally intractable, can it be that hard to just change the ability so it's hard-coded to deal its base damage plus the total of all friendly strike tiles on the board? This is well past absurd now.
  • Felonius
    I think this is at least the third time Nova's been a boosted character while having this bug.  Disappointing.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Felonius said:
    I think this is at least the third time Nova's been a boosted character while having this bug.  Disappointing.

Its not all bad, I believe it ignores protect tiles too
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    His Crash is coming up soon. I'm not counting on it, but any chance of a fix by then? 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Still not fixed. No surprise there. Devs seem more intent on adding pets to the game than trying to fix broken/bugged characters.

I'm glad I have Nova almost fully covered now and beat Flaptain on the first try, unboosted. Deny Red, hard. Imagine Red is your girlfriend (easier if you pretend you're Spider-Man), and Flaptain is trying to steal her away from you. Don't worry too much about Yellow, especially if you're denying Flaptain Red, and ignore Blue unless you can't make a Red, Yellow, or Black match.
  • Felonius
    From R135 Pre-Release Notes:
    • Nova (Sam Alexander)'s power Rocket Man will now take into account friendly Strike tiles when dealing damage.

Yay!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Edited title tag from "devs aware" to "fix in R135".]