R128 Release Notes (6/5/17)

Options

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    I wonder if they have any plans for villains like Scorpion or Electro. Maybe we get so few villains because Demiurge is actively trying not to saturate the game with Spidey's enemies. I mean, when I think Avengers, the first villains that come to mind is Wrecking Crew. Absorbing Man could be a fantastic addition though.
    If they did introduce Scorpion, I wonder if you'd be allowed to put him on the same team as 1* Venom?
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Trapped in time? It's obviously paste pot Pete :p
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Anon said:
    Could it be Sandman?

That is the least unlikely suggestion so far.  Sand, hourglass, time.  And thematically linked to Spider-Man.

The only thing going against it is that it's a new character, not a variation.  Which means it can't be right.

I don't know if the Sandman suggestion was intended as a joke, but I also think it makes a lot of sense. An hourglass (timepiece) "traps" sand. I don't know if Sandman is going to be in Homecoming or not.

Once I thought that the clue referred to Sandman, I wondered (or hoped) that Doc Ock and Sandman meant that we were going to get the whole original Sinister Six, which would be a new team affiliation (like Team Cap/Team Iron Man/Villains/Guardians of the Galaxy etc.) I actually tried to look at Doc Ock's character page to see if it listed Sinister Six as a team affiliation, but it looks like you can't do so from the info page in the store like you can in a vault. Oh well, I'm sure I'm totally wrong about the Sinister Six, and probably about Sandman too.

• Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    No his page just says villains 
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This patch is live for iOS. So far I'm having a lot of connectivity problems on wifi or 3G (yes, old phone) so far. Restarted game, went right back into connection problem message after returning to home screen.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Killians8 said:
    This patch is live for iOS. So far I'm having a lot of connectivity problems on wifi or 3G (yes, old phone) so far. Restarted game, went right back into connection problem message after returning to home screen.
    Same here. After the last update, I was going to wait to update, instead I decided to update. And now I'm constantly having connectivity problems as well.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    ***The devs are aware of the connectivity issue. They are working diligently to figure out what is causing it so they can get it back up and running. You can discuss the server issues here. Thanks!***
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Trapped in time" means you have to follow the time step of a song. This is clearly a musical reference. Dazzler confirmed!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jonathan said:
    Killians8 said:
    Same here. After the last update, I was going to wait to update, instead I decided to update. And now I'm constantly having connectivity problems as well.
    I didn't update and am having connectivity issues. Ducky posted this already, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to be explicit - the connectivity issues are almost certainly not related to the update.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Jonathan said:
    Killians8 said:
    I didn't update and am having connectivity issues. Ducky posted this already, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to be explicit - the connectivity issues are almost certainly not related to the update.
    They aren't. An alliancemate was having connectivity issues before the update, updated to see if it would make a difference, had the issues after updating. The servers are just on fire for some reason.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ducky said:
    GrimSkald said: nici
    Jonathan said:
    Killians8 said:
    They aren't. An alliancemate was having connectivity issues before the update, updated to see if it would make a difference, had the issues after updating. The servers are just on fire for some reason.
    Same happened to me. I didn't know about the update, I entered the game, all was working fine, started a mission, won it, and when I had to get the reward "check interned connection". Restarted the game, same issue. After that I saw about the update, I updated and still the same problem. Never been able to enter the game since.

Posted in the hopes of it may be helpful for figuring out what's going on.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. A server update was pushed out that should have fixed this issue. Players should no longer encounter the Check Internet Connection
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously? Who else could it be but Doctor Emmett Brown?
    Marty McFly:

8 Blue: Jumpback - Go Back 2 turns and undo all effects since then
    6 Purple: Mr Fusion - Destroy 9 random tiles and gain AP for each
    0 Yellow: Play Johnny B'Good - Give a team health burst of 2,000 whenever a yellow match is made
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Seriously? Who else could it be but Doctor Emmett Brown?
    Marty McFly:

8 Blue: Jumpback - Go Back 2 turns and undo all effects since then
    6 Purple: Mr Fusion - Destroy 9 random tiles and gain AP for each
    0 Yellow: Play Johnny B'Good - Give a team health burst of 2,000 whenever a yellow match is made

No AoE called "This is heavy, Doc"? Shame.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got this Spider-man 2099 feeling in the back of my head.  He's currently trapped in modern times (or was as of a month or two ago.  I read a giant X-men omnibus and it ate up all my comic reading time so I am still catching up!)
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Another marvel game just added medival spiderwoman
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    Another marvel game just added medival spiderwoman
    Out of curiosity, is she from the 1602 stories or unrelated?
  • Xicey
    Xicey Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice update.

On the update page there's an issue with logging into Google & Facebook to post any comments. 
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The first thought: Dormammu.

The second: Starhawk

Both MCU characters who for sure will come back in future movies (Starhawk will for sure, but Dormammu should as well in my opinion).